Sign in to follow this  
LIBARYKEEPER483

Wouldn't have been easier just to port the PC version of warships?

I'm pretty confused as to why Warships console addition was built from the ground up and not just ported from PC. The Xbox one and PS4 base models both meet the recommended specs and use a architecture similar to a PC. Change the controls and UI to be more console friendly make the PC and console servers separate. That would be way easier then almost completely remaking it right?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LIBARYKEEPER483 said:

I'm pretty confused as to why Warships console addition was built from the ground up and not just ported from PC. The Xbox one and PS4 base models both meet the recommended specs and use a architecture similar to a PC. Change the controls and UI to be more console friendly make the PC and console servers separate. That would be way easier then almost completely remaking it right?

Yes and no, by saying that the game is being made from scratch, we are implementing things that are not in WoWsPC, redesigning configurations, new maps, new mechanics, etc..

Some models of boats are passed from PC to Legends, i.e. models of certain things.

We are not making a copy and paste, we are creating together the best naval game of consoles.

1 hour ago, Peppa Chan said:

Yes and no, by saying that the game is being made from scratch, we are implementing things that are not in WoWsPC, redesigning configurations, new maps, new mechanics, etc..

Some models of boats are passed from PC to Legends, i.e. models of certain things.

We are not making a copy and paste, we are creating together the best naval game of consoles.

A copy and paste would still make it the best naval game for consoles, not a lot of competition there. But if they think they can improve on what they've done, they should go for it. 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.