Philigula

Breaking the waves

It all begins with the waves. And after those are broken this USS Fletcher will start her torpedo dance of hull breaking and no one is going away unscathed. There will be no breaks for this breaker until everything is broken.

WG_SPB_WoWS_Console_Fletcher_Screenshot03_1920x1080.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

She's a sexy ship an beast at her tier! Also have the ps4 codes been emailed out for the alpha testers or are we still waiting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreadnought8283 said:

She's a sexy ship an beast at her tier! Also have the ps4 codes been emailed out for the alpha testers or are we still waiting?

No email's as off yet might be at the end of gamescom or end of the month 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonlevelUK said:

No email's as off yet might be at the end of gamescom or end of the month 

K sounds good just been hearing a lot of back am forth answers, but I've seen nothing about it on here or email wise so wad curious an kinda anxious lol

6 minutes ago, dreadnought8283 said:

K sounds good just been hearing a lot of back am forth answers, but I've seen nothing about it on here or email wise so wad curious an kinda anxious lol

It's in the Developers Corner under the "shortest faq's". It says that PS4 will start sometime after X-box.

Moreover, look at how the X-box was announced just on the forums. There's no missing it, right? So why would they deviate from that? 

This doesn't even go into the pinned announcement and the redundant welcome message in Discord stating that the PS4 codes will be released sometime in August. 

I get it, people are excited, so am I (I'm a PS4 user myself). But in a very literal sense, people are over looking information or sections of information. Heck, I've seen people ask about PS4 codes within a half hour or so of each other in Discord, only to receive the same response. 

Where are the conflicting "back and forth" answers coming from?

• Like 1

how can i register for a code? i have an xbox and ps4 but im on this website(obviously) but no where do i see a link to register

У меня такая же ситуация. Хочу поиграть на ps4 но не знаю как зарегистрироваться чтобы получить код. 

6 hours ago, ThaImmortal18 said:

how can i register for a code? i have an xbox and ps4 but im on this website(obviously) but no where do i see a link to register

There is a link on the home page.

Registration is closed atm, however when more testers are needed they will open it up again. PS4 testing has not started yet and they are hoping to start handing codes for that this month.  Keep an eye out on both the forum and the discord channel for the announcement.

I love how everyone is talking about the PS4 alpha! 

(Because I'm super stoked too.)

Wait, Fletcher... tier 9... nani-tf, I remember being miffed and disappointed that the lines were only going to tier 7. Or was there some miscommunication and it was the current testing stage only involving up to tier 7. Also, if we are pinup-ing the tier 9s can we get a shot of my most anticipated ship the IJN Izumo being her gorgeous self ;D

12 hours ago, EternalAutotaku said:

Wait, Fletcher... tier 9... nani-tf, I remember being miffed and disappointed that the lines were only going to tier 7. Or was there some miscommunication and it was the current testing stage only involving up to tier 7. Also, if we are pinup-ing the tier 9s can we get a shot of my most anticipated ship the IJN Izumo being her gorgeous self ;D

I think they're going to probably condense and rearrange the tiers. I don't think it means we're losing 30% of the ships. 

My wishful thinking is that they will be able to make several new lines by condensing the tiers, and then there might be 2 US destroyer lines that play slightly different from one another, for instance.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, Sled_dog07 said:

It's in the Developers Corner under the "shortest faq's". It says that PS4 will start sometime after X-box.

Moreover, look at how the X-box was announced just on the forums. There's no missing it, right? So why would they deviate from that? 

This doesn't even go into the pinned announcement and the redundant welcome message in Discord stating that the PS4 codes will be released sometime in August. 

I get it, people are excited, so am I (I'm a PS4 user myself). But in a very literal sense, people are over looking information or sections of information. Heck, I've seen people ask about PS4 codes within a half hour or so of each other in Discord, only to receive the same response. 

Where are the conflicting "back and forth" answers coming from?

Well for starters I don't use discord, and nor do I have an abundance amount of time to research things thoroughly, and with that said is why I ask the question got a problem with that? An besides ever heard ask an you shall receive, and guess what I received on the very 1st response. So if ppl asking questions is annoying you I'd suggest getting over or keeping your input to yourself 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, dreadnought8283 said:

Well for starters I don't use discord, and nor do I have an abundance amount of time to research things thoroughly, and with that said is why I ask the question got a problem with that? An besides ever heard ask an you shall receive, and guess what I received on the very 1st response. So if ppl asking questions is annoying you I'd suggest getting over or keeping your input to yourself 😉

If you don't have a lot of spare time then why do you want to be an alpha tester?  Not trying to be a jerk about it, but if you are unable to put the time in why take a space for somone who could?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

If you don't have a lot of spare time then why do you want to be an alpha tester?  Not trying to be a jerk about it, but if you are unable to put the time in why take a space for somone who could?

Who says that I will be? Doesn't hurt to try now does it? It's the same right, thrill, and enjoyment to why everyone is signing up need I say more?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Avant wait though to finally test&play a naval combat game. The wait will be worth it.

14 hours ago, dreadnought8283 said:

Who says that I will be? Doesn't hurt to try now does it? It's the same right, thrill, and enjoyment to why everyone is signing up need I say more?

I signed up to test the game and offer contstuctive feedback, not to goof off for a preview of the game. Yes it can be fun but that's not the reason people should be signing up, which seems all that your interested in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

I signed up to test the game and offer contstuctive feedback, not to goof off for a preview of the game. Yes it can be fun but that's not the reason people should be signing up, which seems all that your interested in.

Funny considering I've beta tested wows pc, wot console, and been playing everything wg has made since 2010....but fun is all I'm interested in.... an I do believe I've seen you on the wot forums what happen? I don't believe I've seen you their post in quite some time now considering I check in from time to time throughout the day.

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2018 at 6:12 PM, TacticAngel said:

I think they're going to probably condense and rearrange the tiers. I don't think it means we're losing 30% of the ships. 

My wishful thinking is that they will be able to make several new lines by condensing the tiers, and then there might be 2 US destroyer lines that play slightly different from one another, for instance.

With the expansion of lines going on on the PC, Jap gunboat DDs and American CL lines, do we really need new lines being made out of older material. Seems kind of short sighted if that is the case, just my initial thought. Could risk people "finishing" the game too fast; like I personally, on WoTC, want all the tier 10s (regardless of how much I detest the Jap heavies) and still after 4 years, not always playing but racking up the equivalent of 154 days, still haven't attained that goal.. been bouncing around the new content.. if they don't want the player base for this drying up, ha pun in the context of a naval game, too fast you need that balance of available content and anticipated content, not sure that tier 7 cap is gonna fulfil that but we shall have to see.

16 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Now that I think about it you're one of the only testers who are in it for the good of the game, seems most just wanted a sneak peek at the game and nothing more.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EternalAutotaku said:

With the expansion of lines going on on the PC, Jap gunboat DDs and American CL lines, do we really need new lines being made out of older material. Seems kind of short sighted if that is the case, just my initial thought. Could risk people "finishing" the game too fast; like I personally, on WoTC, want all the tier 10s (regardless of how much I detest the Jap heavies) and still after 4 years, not always playing but racking up the equivalent of 154 days, still haven't attained that goal.. been bouncing around the new content.. if they don't want the player base for this drying up, ha pun in the context of a naval game, too fast you need that balance of available content and anticipated content, not sure that tier 7 cap is gonna fulfil that but we shall have to see.

I've been thinking about the implications of 7 versus 10 tiers. I actually think it's pretty smart, because it keeps the players together more. If 1000 people are playing at any given point, if it was evenly distributed, that's 100 per tier in a 10 tier system, and 140ish in a 7 tier system.

Now, we know that's not how it's going to work, because you really do for through the first few tiers. People bunch up more and more until tier 10, sometimes so much so that it makes playing 8's and 9's so terrible that you don't even want to bother.

As a fellow WoTC player (with 20-some 10's unlocked and suffering through the Type 4 right now, myself), I think the more lines there are, the more likely that people will be grinding rather than sitting at 10. It would be like having twice as many tanks to unlock from 7-10 (which is sort of a daunting thought, but there are like three times as many tanks in WoT PC as there are in WoWs PC so maybe that isn't as bad). They probably can't (and shouldn't) all be available at launch, I agree with that, but it would allow them to keep pumping out new and interesting content.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.