Jump to content
Philigula

Playstation 4 status update

Recommended Posts

Legends and gentlemen! It is withoutWG_SPB_WoWS_Console_Kuma_Screenshot1_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.1973460e6eda44f445ecaac7f391cc43.jpg joy or sorrow that we bring you this update, but in essence PS Alpha is not going to start now, and it moves to the beginning of October. We don't have a delay in development, but rather decided to bring you the more polished product with many a bug already taken care of even at the alpha stage.

Development for PlayStation goes pretty much hand in hand with the Xbox process with some caveats. That said, the version PS testers will see is going to be identically updated to its Xbox counterpart, and leave you with a smaller "Known issues" list than we would have otherwise. So please stay put, we're getting closer and basically in a month you should be able to start turning the tide on your Playstation consoles!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Brace yourselves for what's coming phil

Hopefully the PS4 users are understanding of the situation and don't give you too much grief.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the status update on the PS4 Battleship... we need it polished and ready for the late Alpha/early Beta battle 😂😊 
Much appreciated 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

Brace yourselves for what's coming phil

Hopefully the PS4 users are understanding of the situation and don't give you too much grief.

Nothing to give grief about to be honest.

However, no need to log in every single day to the forums and discord in "hopes" if news. lol Meh, at least I can ditch a discord channel.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen this month, just too vague and too quiet, especially the closer we got towards the end of the month.

Thanks for the straight forward update Phil. No sarcasm or anything of the sort.  I truly appreciate having straight forward info rather than a blackout or a beat around the bush approach.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Sled_dog07 said:

Nothing to give grief about to be honest.

However, no need to log in every single day to the forums and discord in "hopes" if news. lol Meh, at least I can ditch a discord channel.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen this month, just too vague and too quiet, especially the closer we got towards the end of the month.

Thanks for the straight forward update Phil. No sarcasm or anything of the sort.  I truly appreciate having straight forward info rather than a blackout or a beat around the bush approach.

 

Unfortunately there is always one or two idiots that try and make a mountain out of a mole hill. I know most guys will be understanding.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the update, @Philigula. It's definitely better than leaving us hanging with a 'Soon™️'. :classic_wink:

On the topic of PS testers, will they be able to test on Xbox if they own one? Conversely, will current Xbox testers be able to take part in PS testing if they own a PS4 too?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Panbun said:

Thanks for the update, @Philigula. It's definitely better than leaving us hanging with a 'Soon™️'. :classic_wink:

On the topic of PS testers, will they be able to test on Xbox if they own one? Conversely, will current Xbox testers be able to take part in PS testing if they own a PS4 too?

In theory you could do both consoles, but we don't know which timeslots the PS sessions will occupy ATM.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, darn....  I’ll be here when you need me! Lol! Thanks for the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I think it's a wise decision to delay the PS4 Alpha a bit. You've got so many feedback over the last weeks that you need more time to sort out things and bake a new polished version of the game 🙂

When the PS4 Alpha starts we may get the Horn? 😉 

Edited by DerZipfel

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Unfortunately there is always one or two idiots that try and make a mountain out of a mole hill. I know most guys will be understanding.

Yup yup. 

But I did ditch the Discord channel. There's no point in having it until a possible email goes out. 

Just as Phil said, if the bugs on each console are virtually the same, well to me, having two Alpha's is redundant and unnecessary. Which would also correlate with his previous statement of "can't blame Sony for everything". 

It's all good though. This doesn't affect the timeline of the release despite what a couple of people were trying to say this morning, which was odd. 

But, I will just check in here from time to time and if my email gets tagged one day, "w00t", if not, well see ya when it gets released.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank's Phil for Update i still wait of your Email wow legends let's go it's ready for rumble 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I was hoping the alpha would start earlier. With the start in October there isn't much Time till RDR2 release. So there won't be much time left for testing for many players.

But thanks for letting us know 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the heads up, any news is better than no news. At least it will have less bugs which is a good thing. Hope to see you on the open seas in October.

Share this post


Link to post

Not going to lie i'm disappointed. I honestly don't care when the alpha starts, but I just want to be able to sign up for it so I can stop having to worry about getting access to it. I've been looking forwards to this for years so I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I'm seeing this 11 hours after it was posted and in most cases for alpha all the beta slots will have been gobbled up. That's my only concern.

Share this post


Link to post

how exactly do i sign up for the alpha test I've been a world of warships player since closed beta for PC but I've been itching to see how world of warships console would come out seeing as how world of tanks console is different from PC 

Share this post


Link to post

Phil, I'm ok with this, but remember, Phil, buddy, pal that I have never met or interacted with... my birthday is in October...

I know you won't let me down.

 

Share this post


Link to post

thx for update 🙂 sad news but it's better that leave us hangin' 🙂 cheers 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

I’d rather wait a bit longer for them to get it right than have it rushed and it becomes a nightmare to play. Can’t wait to see the final outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, Philigula said:

Legends and gentlemen! It is withoutWG_SPB_WoWS_Console_Kuma_Screenshot1_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.1973460e6eda44f445ecaac7f391cc43.jpg imageproxy.php?img=&key=64fc024d66954edfjoy or sorrow that we bring you this update, but in essence PS Alpha is not going to start now, and it moves to the beginning of October. We don't have a delay in development, but rather decided to bring you the more polished product with many a bug already taken care of even at the alpha stage.

Development for PlayStation goes pretty much hand in hand with the Xbox process with some caveats. That said, the version PS testers will see is going to be identically updated to its Xbox counterpart, and leave you with a smaller "Known issues" list than we would have otherwise. So please stay put, we're getting closer and basically in a month you should be able to start turning the tide on your Playstation consoles!

This is very good news. However, as a PlayStation Player it is a bit frustrating to hear this, but most players understand it would be better to have a working game a bit later than one with lots of bugs! However where can I sign up for the PlayStation Alpha test?

Share this post


Link to post

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×