Sign in to follow this  
KaitoGhost

Does this have the same Dev team as WoT Console?

Will the same people who run WoT Console run this?  Is it a different Dev team, but the same management?  Or will this be done by an entirely new team?

As far as I know from the FAQ, the team that works at WoWsC is a team that is different from all the others (like a sub-section).

But I don't know if they are the same or not, although why the question?

There is a separate team from the World of Warships studio working on this. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KaitoGhost said:

Will the same people who run WoT Console run this?  Is it a different Dev team, but the same management?  Or will this be done by an entirely new team?

Nah dude. WG Saint Petersburg.:Smile_great:

• Like 1

Fantastic.  In that case, I'm going to try signing up for the beta.

• Haha 2

I just want a special ship.. not sure what you guys are talking about. Why would a different devices matter? It seem your not telling me your complete picture.. are there things that need to be addressed... Are you not getting a thrill out of the PC side? What games do you think give you a thrill? For me it's team play. Team arguments and more. I hate players that don't talk..

5 hours ago, Peppa Chan said:

As far as I know from the FAQ, the team that works at WoWsC is a team that is different from all the others (like a sub-section).

But I don't know if they are the same or not, although why the question?

Wargaming Chicago( world of tanks console) is not a very popular group amongst the veteran WOT console playerbase on the forums.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KaitoGhost said:

I am glad the WoT Console team is not running this. The way Ops, earn ops, etc are run in WoT Console is not good. It is a different world in WoWS PC, the daily containers and ops make you want to play daily. 

21 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Wargaming Chicago( world of tanks console) is not a very popular group amongst the veteran WOT console playerbase on the forums.

I didn't understand

What does one have to do with the other?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Peppa Chan said:

I didn't understand

What does one have to do with the other?

If Wargaming Chicago had anything  to do with the development of wowsc then they would likely not

play it

Edited by Ruthless4u

1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

If Wargaming Chicago had anything  to do with the development of wowsc then they would likely not

play it

Well, to quote @RadarX, the game is being developed by a team other than WoWs.

6 minutes ago, Peppa Chan said:

Well, to quote @RadarX, the game is being developed by a team other than WoWs.

That will please more than a few people.

Thank god, this is good news although some might be a little upset that they won't see their favorite moderators on here

4 hours ago, dcr66 said:

I am glad the WoT Console team is not running this. The way Ops, earn ops, etc are run in WoT Console is not good. It is a different world in WoWS PC, the daily containers and ops make you want to play daily. 

Pretty sure the  devs don’t just go wild and do their own thing, they will be getting held accountable by the higher ups at wargaming, I mean I am sure they have some autonomy but things like update 4.5 would still be green lit from above I would assume.

Yeah my interestwould be less than zero if WGCB had anything to do with this games development. Lets hope for a better port this time around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our team is composed of WoWs veteran devs and some new faces (and brains!) and we're a part of the Wargaming St. Petersburg, where WoWs was birthed.

Also, this game is not a port 🙂 We do borrow 3d assets from the PC title, which speeds up the development, but Legends is its own game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Armoured reap3r said:

Pretty sure the  devs don’t just go wild and do their own thing, they will be getting held accountable by the higher ups at wargaming, I mean I am sure they have some autonomy but things like update 4.5 would still be green lit from above I would assume.

This seems to be a common confusion for most players as most players don't have  day jobs in software development.  Let me explain it since I have been in software dev for almost 20 yrs.

A typical dev team usually have programmers, QA, and lead(s). The "devs" are essentially the grunts that are carrying out the orders (in tickets usually these days) from the Product Manager(s).  The Product Manager(s) have the business plans and road maps that dictate how the product(s) will have going forward, they usually get finalized months before. Somewhere in there it will say these features need to be released when. Bug fixes will be thrown into the releases but the severity of the bugs aren't categorized the same way as the players see them.

There are certain "curious" decisions made by the PM(s) in WoT Console that have raised eyebrows of many. I am not going to get into those.

26 minutes ago, dcr66 said:

This seems to be a common confusion for most players as most players don't have  day jobs in software development.  Let me explain it since I have been in software dev for almost 20 yrs.

A typical dev team usually have programmers, QA, and lead(s). The "devs" are essentially the grunts that are carrying out the orders (in tickets usually these days) from the Product Manager(s).  The Product Manager(s) have the business plans and road maps that dictate how the product(s) will have going forward, they usually get finalized months before. Somewhere in there it will say these features need to be released when. Bug fixes will be thrown into the releases but the severity of the bugs aren't categorized the same way as the players see them.

There are certain "curious" decisions made by the PM(s) in WoT Console that have raised eyebrows of many. I am not going to get into those.

That's a somewhat bleak view of the things, which I would contest. Can't say what happens in other studios, but it's not like that here, dcr66.

1 minute ago, Philigula said:

That's a somewhat bleak view of the things, which I would contest. Can't say what happens in other studios, but it's not like that here, dcr66.

Philigula: I have to admit that I have been spending plenty of times in WoWS for a while now, more than I spent on WoT Console. There are many things that WoWS have done right compare to that other studio. 

22 hours ago, RadarX said:

There is a separate team from the World of Warships studio working on this. 

That is amazing news. Love the game on PC but the have to play on lowest graphics. Looking forward to see what you guys do with the console version. 

I'm seeing Sub_O and RadarX on these boards as well? Starting to think these two are the DD's of the WoWs forums. lol

On 6/21/2018 at 2:06 AM, LIBARYKEEPER483 said:

Thank god, this is good news although some might be a little upset that they won't see their favorite moderators on here

Start a petition to steal Rai and SecndChance?

3 hours ago, Corrupted Ewok said:

Start a petition to steal Rai and SecndChance?

I'll take Second but keep Rai off here please.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LIBARYKEEPER483 said:

I'll take Second but keep Rai off here please.

That's not very nice.  Can we all agree to keep a fresh, positive start to this new community?  Please?  This is a new game with a new team being supported by a fantastic studio!  I hope we can all shake off whatever we're jaded about from Tenks and give the WoWSL folks a fair shake!

Besides.... there's no way they'd drag Rai away from being Community Manager over there!

• Like 2

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.