Jump to content
Calypso

Die Hard: Nagato

Recommended Posts

Did you know, that Nagato is the only Japanese battleship that survived the WWII? She was also the first battleship to mount 16-inch guns. Although after the war Nagato was selected as a target vessel for Operation Crossroads and was destroyed by a series of nuclear weapons during the tests, you can still admire her power by joining WoWs: Legends.  

Would you like to try her out in a battle?WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_Console_1920x1080_Nagato.thumb.jpg.0530b98151fc5c93d650357369fba276.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Ah this makes me wish I could be a tester, I love Nagato battleships which is why when this goes live it's my first goal.First ship in the world to be armed with 16 inch guns which shocked many nations considering in the 1920s  14 & 15 inch guns were considered to be powerful.The Kongo is my second goal as I'm from Britain which is where she was built in her original battlecruiser form-later modernised in 20's and 30's becoming the battleship we see in photos.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2018 at 10:28 AM, Nagato is my Waifu said:

Ah this makes me wish I could be a tester, I love Nagato battleships which is why when this goes live it's my first goal.First ship in the world to be armed with 16 inch guns which shocked many nations considering in the 1920s  14 & 15 inch guns were considered to be powerful.The Kongo is my second goal as I'm from Britain which is where she was built in her original battlecruiser form-later modernised in 20's and 30's becoming the battleship we see in photos.

I think the most beautiful ships are Japanese battleships.

Are you a PS4 player? If PS4 Alpha comes in October, hopefully you get a chance to join in. :classic_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Panbun said:

I think the most beautiful ships are Japanese battleships.

Are you a PS4 player? If PS4 Alpha comes in October, hopefully you get a chance to join in. :classic_happy:

Unfortunately I'm a Xbox player so not sure might stand a chance and Japanese battleships are quite beautiful which is why one day once I have enough money I'll go to Japan to see the Mikasa in Yokosuka Harbour.

Share this post


Link to post

She is pretty. Still want an Izumo more, I feel that is a very niche opinion though which makes me sad... just cus she is different doesn't mean she is bad, just means she is unique and you should treat her as such.

Share this post


Link to post

Izumo just has a funky turret layout and burns like a Viking funeral barge.  Other than that, her guns are hard hitting and quite accurate.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah her, the Arkansas and the Prince eugen burned at bikini atoll on those tests. What a waste of legendary ships. 

Share this post


Link to post

Japanese hit hard but man some of those US BB's just bounce Japanese AP. Pretty trolly rng. 

Share this post


Link to post

that's a crying shame, such a beautiful ship deserved to be preserved, but I guess in history that is probably the ultimate definition of friendly fire, guess that's the fate of humanity so to speak, treat things for granted, cant be helped mean its like the Nevada battleship the americans had, kinda crazy (and scary) how that ship actually survived its nuclear blast test btw fun fact nagato was also the flagship for admiral isoroku yamamoto during the attack on pearl harbour

Edited by Kituneki

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2018 at 1:26 PM, Kituneki said:

that's a crying shame, such a beautiful ship deserved to be preserved, but I guess in history that is probably the ultimate definition of friendly fire, guess that's the fate of humanity so to speak, treat things for granted, cant be helped mean its like the Nevada battleship the americans had, kinda crazy (and scary) how that ship actually survived its nuclear blast test btw fun fact nagato was also the flagship for admiral isoroku yamamoto during the attack on pearl harbour

Yh thats a real shame, cant wait to see all the other ships as well tho, espacially the yamato 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Pure_General_NL said:

Yh thats a real shame, cant wait to see all the other ships as well tho, espacially the yamato 🙂

well that's if and when it gets released, no real confirmation on that one yet

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/21/2018 at 4:03 AM, Kituneki said:

well that's if and when it gets released, no real confirmation on that one yet

I’m tipping it’s released post launch with the addition of new tiers.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2018 at 2:28 AM, Nagato is my Waifu said:

Ah this makes me wish I could be a tester, I love Nagato battleships which is why when this goes live it's my first goal.First ship in the world to be armed with 16 inch guns which shocked many nations considering in the 1920s  14 & 15 inch guns were considered to be powerful.The Kongo is my second goal as I'm from Britain which is where she was built in her original battlecruiser form-later modernised in 20's and 30's becoming the battleship we see in photos.

im already a tester on the EU server 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

i know that the battlecruisers are going to be the Battleships but it would be fun to see a battlecruiser line in world of warships 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Pure_General_NL said:

i know that the battlecruisers are going to be the Battleships but it would be fun to see a battlecruiser line in world of warships 🙂

Does any one nation have enough battlecruisers to make a whole line?

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, NoZephyr said:

Does any one nation have enough battlecruisers to make a whole line?

I think the british, or let it begin from tier 5 or 6 ans maybe 2 or 3 tier up

Edited by Pure_General_NL
Wrongly typed

Share this post


Link to post

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×