Sign in to follow this  
Ruthless4u

WoWS submarine gameplay, will console or PC get subs?

For an upcoming Halloween event, submarine game play for PC. This is as the vid says a work in progress and no guarantee it will be added to either PC or console version, but Wargaming has used events as proof of concept in the past and if its popular enough it may come to PC and/or console.

So @Philigula is there a chance we will see subs here? You know I had to ask.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 1

@Ruthless4u, we do have our hands full with core gameplay and later on carriers implementation, not to mention commanders 🙂  So even if subs make it to the PC game as a separate class, it's not going to be a priority to adapt them to consoles if I'm honest. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Philigula said:

@Ruthless4u, we do have our hands full with core gameplay and later on carriers implementation, not to mention commanders 🙂  So even if subs make it to the PC game as a separate class, it's not going to be a priority to adapt them to consoles if I'm honest. 

Thanks for the response Phil, I would rather see carriers first myself but hopefully ( if added to PC)  we will see subs here eventually.

4 hours ago, Philigula said:

I cannot not even begin to conceive the amount of work remaining on the core game.  To think about carriers, and commanders what a towering mountain of work left to do.  Subs in 2021?  Seriously, I think we all can see the real grind in the game, good luck developers/testers!

Wargaming could make an entire game dedicated to submarine warfare.

Imagine platooning with friends to hunt and destroy shipping while constantly being searched for by surface ships, having to destroy a combined amount of tonnage to achieve victory. The combat between submarines would be a whole new ballgame given the extra dimension of movement required for depth, etc. , etc. 

There you go Phil, something for you guys to work on, on your next couple of days off. Yes, I would take a job as a writer, thanks for asking.

• Haha 1

I'm not really sure I want to see subs in the game, though it would give destroyers more to do. It really doesn't make a ton of sense considering the timeframe. Subs attacked shipping routes and, by in large, ran away from actual warships.

18 hours ago, Philigula said:

The subs are cool, but for sure other parts of the game are far more important at thus time plus it'll giving pc plenty of time to perfect sub gaming if implemented

I like the introduction of the u-boats and hope they will makte it into PvP in 2019. The current game meta is stuck after the years with all the smoke, radar and hydro ships now sailing around, so i think a complete new class will bring new game mechanics and strategies into the game and fresh up the game a lot. I play Destroyer as main class so i'm sure the u-boats will fit my playstyle :Smile_hiding:

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.