YUKI3371

Ship Lines in the Alpha

Will we get the Japanese destroyer and battleship line in the Alpha?

I think the following images answer the question.

IJN

Spoiler

japan.jpg

USS

Spoiler

usa.jpg

Be partially of what is shown there i reckon seeing how this is just entering closed alpha

1 hour ago, Peppa Chan said:

IJN

Reveal hidden contents

japan.jpg

USS

Reveal hidden contents

usa.jpg

Except no carriers for a while and only to tier VII. I think a lot of the paper ships will be left behind.

I think we will see four lines without CVs.  I'm guessing USN and IJN are definite, likely the Germans as well, and I really don't see this game starting without the Royal Navy.  I don't think anyone wants to sail through the storm of "WHERE MY ROYAL NAVY" yet again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Except no carriers for a while and only to tier VII. I think a lot of the paper ships will be left behind.

Yeah, but it's an idea of how the tech tree might be on the alpha.

49 minutes ago, WastelandMadGod said:

I think we will see four lines without CVs.  I'm guessing USN and IJN are definite, likely the Germans as well, and I really don't see this game starting without the Royal Navy.  I don't think anyone wants to sail through the storm of "WHERE MY ROYAL NAVY" yet again.

Even if the 4 nations were to launch, it would be the United States, Japan, Russia and Germany.

They haven't launched most of the HMS vehicles on pc yet, and I doubt they do it here.

1 minute ago, Peppa Chan said:

Yeah, but it's an idea of how the tech tree might be on the alpha.

Even if the 4 nations were to launch, it would be the United States, Japan, Russia and Germany.

They haven't launched most of the HMS vehicles on pc yet, and I doubt they do it here.

Britain and Russia have almost the same amount.  Russia lacks BB's and Britain lacks DD's.  I didn't think about Britain lacking DD's so it may just be the first three we see since the USN, IJN, and KMS all have BBs, CAs/CLs, and DDs.  Then again we are speculating based off the PC version and we may end up getting smacked in the face by some surprise console exclusive ships that we've just never dealt with before. 

2 minutes ago, WastelandMadGod said:

Britain and Russia have almost the same amount.  Russia lacks BB's and Britain lacks DD's.  I didn't think about Britain lacking DD's so it may just be the first three we see since the USN, IJN, and KMS all have BBs, CAs/CLs, and DDs.  Then again we are speculating based off the PC version and we may end up getting smacked in the face by some surprise console exclusive ships that we've just never dealt with before. 

For in WoWsB, they have not brought anything "exclusive", they are the same ships except for some that have different names, but it is a known model.

1 minute ago, Peppa Chan said:

For in WoWsB, they have not brought anything "exclusive", they are the same ships except for some that have different names, but it is a known model.

Then I'm going to rest my bets on the big three so far being what we go to alpha with.

Yeah it’s alpha so thinking small selection to start with and the focus being on mechanics to begin with maybe.

6 minutes ago, dieWildkatze said:

Screenshots from PC WoWs? 

We're thinking about how the game might look based on your brother WoWs.

2 hours ago, dieWildkatze said:

but it is in Q&A.

Yep, I feel like a complete moron... Right at the bottom of question five "At the alpha stage you'll be able to try out the Japanese and American ships." I am taking it we're getting the 36-39 ships sans CVs from these two lines up to tier VII and playing with those.  And for a what I am assuming will be a very limited time frame those ships will more than satisfy, and I am perfectly content with all this, but there is this one clawing thing I can't help but shake.  A sluggish beast down in the pit of the lower tiers, something forged by nightmares and rage.  It sings its discordant songs yet again.  It knows we approach its furiously guarded gate for the first time in years and no Free XP will sidestep it this time.  We must do battle with it...the beast hungers for our tears......

Kawachi.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WastelandMadGod said:

Britain and Russia have almost the same amount.  Russia lacks BB's and Britain lacks DD's.  

Not really. It's been discussed to death on wows forum and at least 100 other places on the internet.

Britain has the most complete navy in the world till the 20's. From there onwards it loses to the Americans but remains the 2nd, maybe 3rd in the world. 

Soviet navy on the other side is far away from being a blue navy starting from Tsushima. In the time period used in wows comes after USA, Britain, Japan, Germany, France and Italy, and by far too.

3 minutes ago, Amon69it said:

Not really. It's been discussed to death on wows forum and at least 100 other places on the internet.

Britain has the most complete navy in the world till the 20's. From there onwards it loses to the Americans but remains the 2nd, maybe 3rd in the world. 

Soviet navy on the other side is far away from being a blue navy starting from Tsushima. In the time period used in wows comes after USA, Britain, Japan, Germany, France and Italy, and by far too.

I agree with you, but my comment on the amount of British and Russian ships was just for their in game tech trees in WoWs.  The Russian line doesn't have BB's yet and the Brits don't have a DD line yet leaving both sides with roughly the same amount of tech tree ships in game.  Russia having a bit more with their DD tree split.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WastelandMadGod said:

I agree with you, but my comment on the amount of British and Russian ships was just for their in game tech trees in WoWs.  The Russian line doesn't have BB's yet and the Brits don't have a DD line yet leaving both sides with roughly the same amount of tech tree ships in game.  Russia having a bit more with their DD tree split.

You were talking in game. Now i understand. Yes, you are correct then.

• Like 1

I'm sure in the Intro FAQ, they said it would launch with 10 nations with the British, IJN, USN, Russian, French and German lines being complete at launch...

unless I've totally misread something!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Peppa Chan said:

IJN

Hide contents

japan.jpg

USS

Hide contents

usa.jpg

That is the old tech tree before the splits. I suspect the more current tech tree for USN and IJN will show up in the final release. Alpha and Beta tests are more into testing the game engines, controls, etc.

3 hours ago, WastelandMadGod said:

Yep, I feel like a complete moron... Right at the bottom of question five "At the alpha stage you'll be able to try out the Japanese and American ships." I am taking it we're getting the 36-39 ships sans CVs from these two lines up to tier VII and playing with those.  And for a what I am assuming will be a very limited time frame those ships will more than satisfy, and I am perfectly content with all this, but there is this one clawing thing I can't help but shake.  A sluggish beast down in the pit of the lower tiers, something forged by nightmares and rage.  It sings its discordant songs yet again.  It knows we approach its furiously guarded gate for the first time in years and no Free XP will sidestep it this time.  We must do battle with it...the beast hungers for our tears......

Kawachi.jpg

Don’t get me started!

The good news is we have so many options available thanks to existing work that's been completed.   Obviously every ship won't be included in the Alpha but we'd love to hear what you'd pick. 

4 hours ago, RadarX said:

The good news is we have so many options available thanks to existing work that's been completed.   Obviously every ship won't be included in the Alpha but we'd love to hear what you'd pick. 

K I T A K A M I

:ufufu:

• Haha 1

So I found something that piqued my interest in the Shortest FAQ.

Ships pictured on our promo screens are confirmed 🙂

The center one is the Arizona.  I'm not sure if they are doing premiums for Alpha.  Do you guys think the Arizona is replacing the New Mexico at tier VI, there will be premiums in alpha, is it an Alpha award ship, or are we about to see a very overpowered tier III battleship?

PLEASE NO KITIKAMI D:

there was enough teamkilling in the CBT for PC. never again.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.