Peppa Chan

The Beginner's Guide

Posted (edited)

Well, since many of them come from WoTC, WoT, WoWsB or elsewhere, I've thought, why not introduce them to the fabulous world of warships and how to do it; easy, with a guide that is constantly updated, besides having reliable sources such as articles published by the developers, by members of the Wiki, as well as guides that can be found in the PC game forum.

And well, I ask that if there's a problem, suggestion or something in the topic that needs a change, please quote what's wrong with editing it (since you can't edit it like Wikipedia T. T).

General aspects

What exactly is World of Warships?

How is it different from its PC counterpart?

Technical information about the game.

How to enter the Alpha

The Game 1/2

Downloading the game

-Xbox

-Playstation

The port

-Boat panel

-Game types

-To the Battle

Important tabs

-Port

-Modules

-Outside

-Technological Tree

Warship Class

-Destroyers

-Cruise ships

-Battleships

Nations

-Japan

-U.S.A

The Game 2/2

Resources

-Credits

-Doubloons

-XP

-Free XP

-Premium

Captains

-Elite Commander XP

-Skills

Consumables

-

Improvements.

-Boat modules.

-Boat improvements.

Statistics (post-battle).

-

Playing as a team.

-Divisions.

-Teams.

-Clans.

Mechanicals

Controls.

-

Types of projectiles

-HE

-AP

-Torpedoes

Artillery

-Primary weaponry

-Secondary weaponry

-AA armament

Aiming

-Third party view

-Binocular view

Caliber

-

Sigma

-

Dispersion

-

Citadels

-

Shielding

-

Terms in the game

-

Extras

.-Reasons for editing

-Topic colors

-Bibliographic references

What is World of Warships: Legends?

Spoiler

It's a free-to-play MMO action that immerses players in the intense naval battles of the first half of the 20th century. The game offers players a huge naval fleet from which they can have the opportunity to take command of legendary units and fight for domination at sea. Each ship has a unique and realistic combination of firepower, speed, armor and strength with all its historically accurate technical specifications.

How is it different from its PC counterpart?

Spoiler

Basically they share the same idea, in theory the contents and styles of the games, the most notable difference would be the platforms, since not being in PC, it puts an "obstacle" concerning the controls, but this is still a mystery.

Technical information about the game.

Spoiler

So far they have not given much information about it yet, but what I have obtained from information is the following:

- Approximately 30 GB space required for both platforms (Xbox / PS).

- In the case of Xbox use GOLD on the account?

- In the case of PS use of PS+ in the account?

- Internet connection.

- You want to play the Alpha!

How to enter the Alpha.

Spoiler

First we go to the game page WoWsC, once on the page, we go to the blue box that says JOIN THE RANKS!

image.thumb.png.96bba4ce7b93184bc7866f4086b94b86.png

A box will appear where we have to put our mail (from Xbox or Play) and accept that we are over 18 years old.

image.thumb.png.a516a9134390cc7010fbb645c610c2ab.png

Once that is done, we go to our mailbox and a survey should appear.

image.png.f3c893d2c9931cb40282beb19c05567d.png

To be able to enter the Alpha you have to take the survey obligatorily, don't worry, it's no big deal (or maybe it is, because they asked me my blood type *it's a joke*).

image.thumb.png.d9fe7869fd3c37ba70f020e5f4cf8483.png

Once the survey is done, it's just a matter of waiting.

Edited by Peppa Chan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The Game

Warship Types

In World of Warships: Legends, there are 3 types of ship classes (there will be no CVs at the moment), which have different characteristics with which you can try and adapt to the class in which you feel most comfortable.

Destroyers

Spoiler

They are the fastest and most agile kind of ships. Lightly armored, they have excellent handling characteristics and are armed with torpedoes with which you can damage and destroy even the toughest warships. They also have the ability to use smoke screens, which allows them to hide their movement or protect allied ships. Capable of acting alone or in groups, the destroyers are masters of ambush.

Advantages

-Torpedoes

If successfully deployed, torpedoes can sink any kind of warship.

-High Mobility

Exceptional maneuverability allows destroyers to stay out of range and avoid enemy attacks while stealthily approaching enemy ships.

-Smoke Screen

A versatile tool, smoke screens can be deployed to hide allied movement, confuse enemy ships and avoid enemy fire.

Disadvantages

-Life

Few life points compared to the other classes.

-Weak Shielding

Because they are light ships, they are very weakly shielded.

Cruisers

Spoiler

Cruise ships can perform a multitude of functions in battle, as well as being a problem for enemy ships of all classes. The cruisers are the most balanced class of the game, thanks to their moderate armor and effective weaponry, as well as having the maneuverability necessary to avoid fire or enemy torpedoes. Many cruisers also come equipped with torpedoes, making them more dangerous in close combat.

Advantages

-Air Defense

Anti-aircraft weapons can wreak havoc on enemy aircraft squadrons.

-Accuracy and speed of shooting

Cruise ships can rain projectiles on ships of any kind, causing damage and distracting enemy captains.

-Versatility

Defend the battleships from air strikes, approach and attack with torpedoes, avoid enemy fire and capture flags *the cruisers can perform a number of important functions.*

Disadvantages

-Multifunction

Because it can play many roles, it may be one of the most decisive ships in battle.

-Size

Because of its size, its concealment is not as good, so keep it in mind, as you can take a lot of damage with you.

Battleships

Spoiler

The battleships are the heavyweights, capable of doing and taking a lot of damage. With powerful weapons and heavy armor, they are like fortresses at sea, but suffer from low speed and maneuverability. Capable of supporting the Allies from the rear thanks to the range of their cannons, the battleships can also be part of the vanguard and launch into battle while absorbing the damage.

Advantages

-Fire power

The main battery of a battleship is capable of penetrating thick armor and inflicting massive damage.

-Survival

The great armor and the ability to restore life points, allow these ships to suffer serious damage and continue to fight.

-Control of the battlefield

Battleships can stop enemy ships and block possible long-distance attack routes.

Disadvantages

-Recharge time

The recharging time is the longest of all classes, normally taking up to 20s.

-Weight and maneuverability

It's great weight makes it slow and it takes a long time (and it takes a long time at sea) to maneuver.

-Concealment

There's nothing to say hahahaha.

Nations

At the moment, there are only 2 nations confirmed (it will be updated when there is more news from more nations).

Japan

Spoiler

Well, they're ships of the Japanese empire's navy.

Imperial Japanese Navy - IJN

United States of America 

Spoiler

U.S. Navy Ships

United States Ship - USS

Edited by Peppa Chan

Posted (edited)

Terms in the game

Edited by Peppa Chan

Posted (edited)

Extras

Reasons for editing

Spoiler

- Thursday June 21st 12.38: Creation of the Post.
- Thursday, June 21 12.38: Set aside comments for future arrangements.
- Thursday, June 21st 12.44: Editing spelling mistakes.
- Thursday 21 June 12.38: Complement index.
- Saturday 23 June 12:40: Complementing the index.
- Saturday June 23rd 12.58: Add content to "Extras".
- Saturday June 23rd 12.58: Add content to "Extras".
- Saturday June 23rd 01.00: Edit "The Game 1/2".
- Saturday, June 23rd 01.00: Edit "The Game 2/2".
- Saturday 23rd June 01.00: Edit "Mechanical".
- Saturday 23rd June 01.00: Edit "Terms in the game".
- Saturday 23rd June 01.04: Add content to "Extras".
- Sunday 24 June 6.36: Add content to "The Game 1/2".
- Sunday 24 June 6.40: Edit "Extras".

Topic colors

Spoiler

Color: Full Theme
Color: Unfilled theme
Color: Non-existent theme
Color: Deleted theme
Color: Obsolete theme

Edited by Peppa Chan

2 minutes ago, dieWildkatze said:

Why we need a guide for a Alpha Game? We all know what WoWs is. 

I explained at the beginning of the topic, why the guide (I think), is aimed at players who know nothing about WoWs, is still in development, but I wanted to see what I needed to change, so I decided to post it.

It's for players who only know the name but nothing else.

Hey, kudos for the thought, we'll be able to start filling it in soon 🙂

• Like 2

I am a WoWs noob, and will really appreciate this thread. Thanks in advance for the hard work.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the guide peppa chan.

Im a warships noob along with mister hooper, so this will be very handy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GROG said:

Thanks very much for the guide peppa chan.

Im a warships noob along with mister hooper, so this will be very handy.

Grog, you are 2 for 2 on avatars that represent my favorite fictional characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The1970Hooper said:

Grog, you are 2 for 2 on avatars that represent my favorite fictional characters.

Lmao. Spud from train spotting and the goofy dude from trailer park guys?

They also are two of my favourite fictional characters. I see a little of both of them in me.:Smile_great:

11 hours ago, Philigula said:

Hey, kudos for the thought, we'll be able to start filling it in soon 🙂

Thanks but I have a problem hahahaha 😅, could you check the private message?

Excellent work!  I lack the patience for such deeply detailed guides.  But I’m fairly certain this one is going to come in handy, even for veterans!  I anticipate that the fundamentals will be all too familiar, but the UI and controls might be difficult for someone who mostly plays PC games.

5 hours ago, GROG said:

Lmao. Spud from train spotting and the goofy dude from trailer park guys?

They also are two of my favourite fictional characters. I see a little of both of them in me.:Smile_great:

The goofy one is Bubbles and he, and the rest of the cast remind me of friends and family. I wish that was a joke.:Smile_sad:

13 hours ago, The1970Hooper said:

The goofy one is Bubbles and he, and the rest of the cast remind me of friends and family. I wish that was a joke.:Smile_sad:

Lmao. I know far to many Ricky’s in real life.

Im probably the one from my family who reminds everyone of the trailer park guys.

:Smile_hiding:

32 minutes ago, MADMAX_1980_ said:

+1 for helping newbie's like me out 

Hahahahahahaha is a pleasure to do the guide, when I came to play at WoWs there were no things like this (or maybe because it was CB?).

Over the next few days, I will continue to update the topic.

@Peppa Chan you will need Xbox Live Gold to play the game. I've asked this question and got an answer from Philigula.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, DerZipfel said:

@Peppa Chan you will need Xbox Live Gold to play the game. I've asked this question and got an answer from Philigula.

PS plus is not needed 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.