Philigula

Tune suggestions

Now that the weekend is coming it means I'm going to be undertaking my weekly Oleg challenge - 111K damage + Kraken in random with (you guessed it) Oleg. That can be frustrating sometimes, so to lighten(or darken!?) the mood I'm gonna listen to some hard rock/classic rock and take it all the way to some heavier stuff. And when if I fail to succeed I'm gonna mellow out to some chill stuff.

So, while we wait for the alpha play sessions to start, feel free to drop in some tunage that you feel either helps you concentrate or relax when your ship or tank is being actively focused, so we can try that out as well 👾

My (album) suggestions for the weekend:

To start the engines use Rival Sons - Head Down

Focus and dominate to Exmortus - The Sound Of Steel

Find your zen with Navvi - Omni

Feel free to share opinions on these, as taste is subjective and I'm thick-skinned 🙂 

I'm always looking for new music to enjoy while WoWsing (and soon Legendizing!), so shoot your suggestions and let's broaden each other's musical horizons. Rock (Insert favorite style) on! 💪

When I am heading into battle these are a few of the tunes going:

The Blue Saraceno- Dogs of War

Triarii- We Are One

DMX- X Gonna Give it to Ya (For Brawling)

Gopnik McBlyat- Snakes in Tracksuits

Martin Garrix- Tsunami

When I return to port and look to unwind however:

The Detroit Spinners- Rubberband Man (sometimes for battle too)

Ray Lynch- The Oh of Pleasure

Iggy Pop- The Passenger

Harmony Steel- Coming Home

Jonathan Coulton- RE: Your Brains

Thee only tune to sign when your out on the high see. 

Blimey, this tune is for a lively party!

Me Mateys love this classic!

Anything by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, or from the the 80’s/90’s thrash metal/hair metal scene.

I never listen to external music when I’m gaming, I find it distracting.  

However..... I do listen to music while I do other chores around the house!

If I’m doing intense work like out in the garage or garden I listen to late-90’s Drum and Bass.  DJ Deiselboy and DJ Ani are my recommendations.

If I’m relaxing or just want to feel good, I listen to 60’s/70’s Era Folk music from Canada and America.  Stan Rogers is a MUST LiSTEN!  Stan wrote almost all his music about ships, boats, and the water!  His brother Garnett Rogers is also amazing.

If I just want to go full on Berzerker Mode?? Black Dahlia Murders will have your teeth grinding and white knuckles the whole time!

Oh! If you’re looking for crunchy, heavy 70’s style metal that sounds similar to Black Sabbath?  Listen to The Sword

Do you mean Kraken the Rum? :Smile_Default:

As for tunes, I'm into the Gardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix 1&2 and I'm also listening to my classics like Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Prince and any good Rock and Roll (AC/DC, Stones, stuff like that).

The Amazon Dot is great for mixing up music. 

I don't listen to musc while gaming. I normally turn in game music off too.

But here are a few tunes that I would choose for my ship: Sailing by Christopher Cross, My heart will go on by Celine Dion (plus a box of tissues), Row, row, row your boat, Yellow submarine by the Beatles, 5 0'Clock Somewhere by Alan Jackson, Have you ever seen the rain by Rod Stewart

Gordon Lightfoot, The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald.

The Beach Boys, Sloop John B.

The Village People, In the Navy.

When we finally get to play, these three songs are going on an endless loop which I will happily broadcast over my in game mic. for everyone to enjoy. Your welcome.

:classic_biggrin: I tried to use the sarcastic grinning sailor emoji, but the emojis must be drunk and this one kept inserting itself. If I cant indicate sarcasm with some of my posts, I may get banned. lol.

• Haha 2

This died fast, didn't it? 🙂 Thanks for all the recommendations, the only one that was way too much of a blast (literal) from the past was the D'n'B stuff. Maybe we can get some more folks interested before the next weekend :happy_fish:

I rarely listen to music while gaming, I find it too distracting. 

When I do listen to music, some of my favourite bands are, Faith No More, Trivium, Slipknot and Stonesour. You can't go wrong with any of those, in my opinion anyway :classic_smile:

Matey, you never can go wrong with an hour long play list like this!

Posted (edited)

Pretty rhythmic.

EDIT: This one too.

Edited by Sled_dog07

Here are some....there are others, but I'm not sure if they would pass TOS.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, Philigula said:

This died fast, didn't it? 🙂 Thanks for all the recommendations, the only one that was way too much of a blast (literal) from the past was the D'n'B stuff. Maybe we can get some more folks interested before the next weekend :happy_fish:

Aww... we just need more people!  I’m sure we can blow this up once we hit open Beta and the floodgates open!

If the DnB was too much we can tone it down with some UK Trance from the likes of Union Jack or Paul Oakenfield.  Or maybe throw in some Trip Hop like Portishead or Massive Attack!

11 hours ago, BrogueOne said:

Aww... we just need more people!  I’m sure we can blow this up once we hit open Beta and the floodgates open!

If the DnB was too much we can tone it down with some UK Trance from the likes of Union Jack or Paul Oakenfield.  Or maybe throw in some Trip Hop like Portishead or Massive Attack!

Nah, it's not too much, just reminds me of a crazier 15 year-old me 🙂 I used to listen to a lot of UK hardcore and bordering styles then...

• Like 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.