Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Starboard side view of New Orleans heading home. This new generation heavy cruiser was a direct participant of the greatest battles of the World War II, including the Battle of Coral Sea, the Battle of Midway and the Battle of Eastern Solomons. She was one of the most decorated US ships of World War II. 

 WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_Console_1920x1080_08_11_New_Orlean_3.thumb.jpg.5d3030f2645a08b7800a173ad5d8b383.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just noticed the homepage banner no longer says. “Epic battles to begin this year”. Is the Legends not expected to release until 2019?

Share this post


Link to post

We'll lets just say it's better then the floating pinyata of free xp and credits that is the uss omaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Omaha is a terror to BB's and DD's if you play her to her strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, delp5117 said:

Omaha is a terror to BB's and DD's if you play her to her strengths.

true but it mostly a dead trap becase it is a floating citadel, 9/10 times you will hit the citadel 😛

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pure_General_NL said:

true but it mostly a dead trap becase it is a floating citadel, 9/10 times you will hit the citadel 😛

That's where continually changing speed and direction come into play in cruisers - especially when you are in open water.  Beyond that, use of distance (beyond detection range), teammates, and/or terrain to break contact with enemy ships is necessary at times, so you can re-position in a less exposed spot.

That said, playing cruisers is not a relaxing experience, but for me the challenge is really fun!  You are essentially food for BB's and other cruisers if you are not aware of your surroundings and diligent about avoiding sailing in straight lines at constant speeds.

Share this post


Link to post

Love this ship, but you're wright: one little mistake and you smell the salty water. On the other hand my mantra is: "Burn 'em all down..." - that's why I love cruisers and barbecuing so much :-)

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, delp5117 said:

That's where continually changing speed and direction come into play in cruisers - especially when you are in open water.  Beyond that, use of distance (beyond detection range), teammates, and/or terrain to break contact with enemy ships is necessary at times, so you can re-position in a less exposed spot.

That said, playing cruisers is not a relaxing experience, but for me the challenge is really fun!  You are essentially food for BB's and other cruisers if you are not aware of your surroundings and diligent about avoiding sailing in straight lines at constant speeds.

im not denying that, i meant to say is this: if you get hit, it will 9/10 times be a citadel hit

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2018 at 6:06 AM, Pure_General_NL said:

im not denying that, i meant to say is this: if you get hit, it will 9/10 times be a citadel hit

Cruiser citadels are generally big and not well protected.  Staying at greater range can help, but still not foolproof!

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Cruiser citadels are generally big and not well protected.  Staying at greater range can help, but still not foolproof!

Zig zagging might work as well, just need to practice more i guess, im more fan of the gun boat destroyers or the USS Atlanta at tier 7 ( premium at the pc version ) .

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Pure_General_NL said:

Zig zagging might work as well, just need to practice more i guess, im more fan of the gun boat destroyers or the USS Atlanta at tier 7 ( premium at the pc version ) .

Zig zagging helps a lot, actually.  You might get an angle for an autobounce (there is a fun iChase video where he shows a Yamato bouncing a Tier 3 cruiser that way in a training room) and it is generally harder to get citadel hits though the long axis of the ship, too.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Zig zagging helps a lot, actually.  You might get an angle for an autobounce (there is a fun iChase video where he shows a Yamato bouncing a Tier 3 cruiser that way in a training room) and it is generally harder to get citadel hits though the long axis of the ship, too.

can you give me a link to that video ? 😛

Share this post


Link to post

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×