Calypso

Battleship or Battlecruiser

Did you know that Kongō was the last Japanese battleship built abroad? She was constructed by the British naval engineer Sir George Thurston. Kongō was also a unique IJN ship because she was the first among battlecruisers and battleships to have 356 mm guns. She participated in multiple operations during WWI as well as afterward and was considered one of the fastest units of Japan’s battle fleet.WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_Console_1920x1080_08_11_Kongo_2.thumb.jpg.5e3df1a8aa1c572175f134e3240ce368.jpg

• Like 5

Здравствуйте! как получить приглошение на альфа- тест кораблей?

• Like 1

Se ve tan genial que no puedo esperar a que este juego esté en ps4

i have always considered her a fast battleship

On 11/17/2018 at 12:14 AM, Alpha_Jackson said:

Can we just take a second to appreciate that beautiful photo of the beautiful Kongo?

We are glad you like it ☺️

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 8:35 PM, Teodorchik85 said:

Здравствуйте! как получить приглошение на альфа- тест кораблей?

Здравствуйте! Мы советуем присоединиться к официальному серверу Discord и внимательно следить за новостями.

i did a little search about it I think Kongo means "indestructible Dimond" and its named for Mount Kongo i think it took part and on WW II at many naval Actions of the Pasific War 

i also added its Specifications of the ship 

Class and type: Kongō-class battlecruiser
Displacement: 36,600 long tons (37,187 t)
Length: 222 m (728 ft 4 in)
Beam: 31 m (101 ft 8 in)
Draught: 9.7 m (31 ft 10 in)
Propulsion: Steam turbines, 4 shafts
Speed: 30 knots (35 mph 56 km/h)
Range: 10,000 nmi (19,000 km) at 14 kn (26 km/h)
Complement: 1360
Armament:
  • 1913:
  • 8 × 356 mm ( 14 in ) naval gun (4×2)
  • 16 × 6-inch ( 15 cm ) 50 caliber naval guns  (16×1)
  • 8 × 76 mm (3 in) naval guns (8×1)
  • 4 × 6.5 mm (0.26 in) machine gun
  • 8 × submerged 533 mm (21.0 in) torpedo  tubes
  • 1944:
  • 8 × 356 mm ( 14 in ) naval gun (4×2)
  • 8 × 152 mm ( 6 in ) naval gun (8×1)
  • 8 × 127 mm (5.0 in) guns (4×2)
  • 122 × 25 mm Type 96 Antiaircraft autocannon
Armor:
  • Decks: 2.3–1.5 in (58–38 mm) (later strengthened +101 mm on ammo storage, +76 mm on engine room)
  • Turrets: 9 in (230 mm)
  • Barbettes: 10 in (250 mm)
  • Belt: 8–11 in (200–280 mm)

Source https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=IJN-Kongo

Edited by nti9
Word Correction

Did you know that the Yamato was sent into its last battle knowing it was never going to come back

Also they sister ship of the Yamato and the Kongo class were defeated and sunk in the battle of Leyte gulf by the sunken battleships at Pearl Harbor 

O I look forward to seeing this on PS4. It was easily my favorite low tier BB on the pc version. And it’s history is fantastic. I really hope War Gaming will include a little history section on each ship in the ship descriptions. Maybe like a mini encyclopedia. I think they had one on pc but can’t remember. 

On 11/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, Des-kane said:

O I look forward to seeing this on PS4. It was easily my favorite low tier BB on the pc version. And it’s history is fantastic. I really hope War Gaming will include a little history section on each ship in the ship descriptions. Maybe like a mini encyclopedia. I think they had one on pc but can’t remember. 

We do consider the historical details as an important part of the games that adds up to the atmosphere. You can definitely expect some information about ships and other historical references. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 3:30 PM, Calypso said:

Did you know that Kongō was the last Japanese battleship built abroad? She was constructed by the British naval engineer Sir George Thurston. Kongō was also a unique IJN ship because she was the first among battlecruisers and battleships to have 356 mm guns. She participated in multiple operations during WWI as well as afterward and was considered one of the fastest units of Japan’s battle fleet.WG_WoWS_SPb_Screenshots_Console_1920x1080_08_11_Kongo_2.thumb.jpg.5e3df1a8aa1c572175f134e3240ce368.jpg

One ship which is better is IJN fuso

On 11/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, nti9 said:

i did a little search about it I think Kongo means "indestructible Dimond" and its named for Mount Kongo i think it took part and on WW II at many naval Actions of the Pasific War 

i also added its Specifications of the ship 

Source https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=IJN-Kongo

The ship was also in midway where it was sunk by American bombers

On 20.11.2018 at 14:51, nti9 said:

Ich suchte ein wenig darüber. Ich denke, Kongo bedeutet  "unzerstörbarer Dimond" und sein Name ist nach Mount Kongo benannt. Ich glaube, er hat daran teilgenommen, und am Zweiten Weltkrieg war er an vielen Marineaktionen des Pasific War beteiligt 

Ich habe auch seine Spezifikationen des Schiffes hinzugefügt 

Quelle  https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/detail.asp?ship_id=IJN-Kongo

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.