Ruthless4u

Thoughts for the closed beta testers

Just thought I would copy paste a couple things that may be relevant from the PC version.

A few general terms you will see in guides and gameplay tips.

kitting,angling,knowing the limitatons of your AP and HE,learning when to switch ammo.

kitting is not that hard if you use a agile ship,you show the stern(the rear of the ship) to the enemy,giving him a smaller target to shoot than broadside,your moment to shoot is when he is reloading,so you can angle the ship to use all guns,after he is done reloading he will fire again,go stern mode again and repeat.

angling is well know to wot players,increasing your armor by angling it.

some AP shells are fragile(italian cruisers) while others are pretty good(german cruiser),the knowledge of your ammo can save you from shattering your shells or saving them for the right time(when the enemy goes broadside to flee or to shoot).

sometimes shoting AP isn't enough,you will have to switch ammo,HE is a good choice because it ignores armor but it deals less damage,some ships relies on fire,while others like boise and ndj can stack up damage with HE because they have high number of guns.

try to learn where the enemy citadel is located,hitting it allows your shell to deliver full damage(if your AP maximum damage is 10k,the citadel hit will drain 10k of the enemy hp). ships have ammoracks too,just like tanks.

Don't sail in straight lines for long periods of time, it makes you an easy target for both torpedoes and being citadeled.  Remember Mr torpedo is my friend not yours.

A viable tactic that will be used against you is players will start a fire on your ship, wait for you to put it out then hit you with torps to cause flooding damage while you wait on the repair cooldown.

Don't  with your guns blazing, it doesn't work. But I will have fun sinking you when you do.

Try not to get isolated from teamates, a lone ship is a dead ship. This is especially true for battleships.

Just some non NDA violating tips, some from P.C version some my own from playing PC.

Apologies for the font, most of its a copy paste using my crappy phone. Now I can club you guys without feeling bad,  seeing I helped with tips.

Anyone have anything to add please do as long as it don't violate NDA.
Edited by Ruthless4u

57 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Just thought I would copy paste a couple things that may be relevant from the PC version.

A few general terms you will see in guides and gameplay tips.

Kiting, angling, knowing the limitatons of your AP and HE, learning when to switch ammo.

Kiting is not that hard if you use a agile ship, you show the stern(the rear of the ship) to the enemy, giving him a smaller target to shoot than broadside, your moment to shoot is when he is reloading, so you can angle the ship to use all guns, after he is done reloading he will fire again, go stern mode again and repeat.

Angling is well known to wot players,increasing your armor by angling it.

Some AP shells are fragile(Italian cruisers) while others are pretty good(German cruiser), the knowledge of your ammo can save you from shattering your shells or saving them for the right time(when the enemy goes broadside to flee or to shoot).

Sometimes shooting AP isn't enough, you will have to switch ammo, HE is a good choice because it ignores armor but it deals less damage, some ships relies on fire, while others like boise and ndj can stack up damage with HE because they have high number of guns.

Try to learn where the enemy citadel is located, hitting it allows your shell to deliver full damage(if your AP maximum damage is 10k, the citadel hit will drain 10k of the enemy hp). Ships have ammoracks too, just like tanks.

Don't sail in straight lines for long periods of time, it makes you an easy target for both torpedoes and being citadeled.  Remember Mr torpedo is my friend not yours.

A viable tactic that will be used against you is players will start a fire on your ship, wait for you to put it out then hit you with torps to cause flooding damage while you wait on the repair cooldown.

Don't (go in?) with your guns blazing, it doesn't work. But I will have fun sinking you when you do.

Try not to get isolated from teamates, a lone ship is a dead ship. This is especially true for battleships.

Just some non NDA violating tips, some from PC version some my own from playing PC.

Apologies for the font, most of its a copy paste using my crappy phone. Now I can club you guys without feeling bad, seeing I helped with tips.

Anyone have anything to add please do as long as it don't violate NDA.

Here you go. Made some edits(spacing, capitalization, spelling), hope you don't mind. 🙂

Edited by RuefulCenturion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

Here you go. Made some edits(spacing, capitalization, spelling), hope you don't mind. 🙂

No worries, most of it was copy paste using my phone so it's not entirely my fault lol.

But now when we club seals they can't say no one posted anything usefull. I can sink them with a clear conscience and even a bigger smile.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Another thing I think I should bring up. No one ship class is invincible. They each have a counter. This is from my experience as a PC player.

DD's generally counter Battleships

Cruisers generally counter DD's

Battleships counter Cruisers.

This is of course in general terms, and their are exceptions to this as some ships don't always fit very well into a classes historical definition.

One of the most important aspects is consumable management, knowing when and to to use the correct consumable at the right time can make all the difference.

There are some PC YouTube vids that can act as a general guide, if I get time I will post a few or maybe some others can.

On 12/9/2018 at 12:24 AM, Ruthless4u said:

No worries, most of it was copy paste using my phone so it's not entirely my fault lol.

But now when we club seals they can't say no one posted anything usefull. I can sink them with a clear conscience and even a bigger smile.:classic_biggrin:

But what if they sink you? 

We might have to let you read this Topic... :tongue:

9 hours ago, Momowala said:

But what if they sink you? 

Don't you know who I think I am?:classic_biggrin:

This may explain it better

• Haha 1

On behalf of newbies to WOWS, thanks for these tips! I didn't know that it was a strategy for some players to particularly wait for you to repair before they'd torp you to higher heaven to start flood damage.

• Like 1

I'm going to post a few guides in spoilers. They are a bit dated and are for the PC version but the base information is sound. 

Battleships

Spoiler

Cruisers

Spoiler

Edited by Ruthless4u

2 hours ago, OnyxWizard said:

Great info. Just what I was looking for to help improve my game. Thxs.

Here's another one that can be usefull as well

On 12/11/2018 at 12:16 PM, WarAngel505 said:

On behalf of newbies to WOWS, thanks for these tips! I didn't know that it was a strategy for some players to particularly wait for you to repair before they'd torp you to higher heaven to start flood damage.

...Or hit you with more HE, so you can feel the burn 🙂

Edited by Honor MacDonald

2 hours ago, Honor MacDonald said:

...Or hit you with more HE, so you can feel the burn 🙂

Of course both is best:Smile_trollface:

• Haha 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.