Philigula

Beta weekend FAQ

Guys, who have registered for the beta weekend, this post is to clarify what the next steps are!

1. When?

The weekend will begin on Friday, December 21 and last until Sunday, December 24 (UTC 4:00 is when the servers will go down).

2. How do I know that I'm in?

If you receive a follow-up e-mail with a code that's a good indication! The mailouts will happen no earlier than 2 days before the weekend. Redeem said code in your platform store, download the game and join the fun! If you receive a letter with a code it means that the servers are live.

UPDATE: Mailouts are about to begin on Dec. 21 UTC 4:00

3. What if I don't receive anything?

You might not get access, but you will still get your goodies when the game is released! Moreover, this isn't the only beta-weekend we plan on having. Those goodies will include various consumables that can boost your progress in the game.

4. Is there a way to get something extra during the weekend?

Play 10 games in any mode and you will receive a special beta weekend flag when the game is released! 

5. What happens after the weekend ends?

We're going back to closed testing, however you'll be able to find everything that happens to the game. Moreover, there will be at least another beta weekend, so stay tuned!

6. Do I retain access to the game after the beta weekend if I registered recently? 

Unfortunately, no. We want as many people to join the fun and tell us what they think, but there is still much work to be done before we release, so we hope for your understanding.

7. Where do I find more about what WoWs: Legends is about?

It's a naval action game that offers you a great console experience with legendary warships and historic commanders keeping you company while wreak havoc upon the seas! 

To find out some more in-depth info, please refer to these posts: 

Why are Legends the way they are?

Commanders in Legends

8. I want to get better in the game! Now!

Easy, young commander! Feel free to go through our guides section.

9. I found a bug, I found a bug!!!!!!!

Please report it either here, or on our Discord server in the appropriate section. Also, check the Known issues thread first! If you're sure that your bug is new, please provide a brief description of it, any screenshots/videos, your platform, timestamp (with the timezone included). Sometimes we would also ask for your platform nickname but we will reach out to you for that.

10. Is there an NDA of any sort, may I stream?

We currently have no NDA, so please stream away. Unfortunately, you won't be able to stream with native Xbox tools yet, but otherwise we're not limiting you from sharing the fun.

Turn the tide!WG_SPB_WoWS_Web.jpg.5f5bb84328a178e19ef3d6039c0b736d.jpg

• Like 9

Seems like an odd time to have a beta so close to a holiday, how are the pre-register numbers looking currently for the beta?.

and Darn it this falls on the PC Clan battle times 😢

Just hope to get a chance to be part of the beta test , this is going to be brilliant , when will the testers be informed any ideas of the date please ?

2 hours ago, RuefulCenturion said:

When can more details of beta rewards be expected?

I was going to ask but thought it should be a surprise.

43 minutes ago, grompf-99 said:

iv i get acces to the closed beta, will i be allowed to publish my experiencen at my youtube channel?

Yes, you can Stream and make other content during the Beta Weekend. Just wait till the NDA is lifted. We will make an additional announcement soon.

Never quite clear to me although I registered again just in case... Will current Alpha Testers get automatic access to Beta Weekend?

11 minutes ago, dcr66 said:

Never quite clear to me although I registered again just in case... Will current Alpha Testers get automatic access to Beta Weekend?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

As an Alpha tester for WoWS, I'm really excited to see Warships coming to consoles.  I am worried about the beta weekend falling RIGHT before Christmas.  I hope my family will understand why I'm in the game room the whole weekend 🙂 

• Haha 3

I hope I get a code. Been hyping everyone up for this on Xbox for years. Thank you for finally getting around to it. I know it took some time and I appreciate you all at WG delaying to make sure you have everything in order as always. Hopefully if I do get a code for the beta weekend, I could play with some of you from WG. Thank you for all the attention and detail you put into the game. Hopefully the weather affects can be transferred to Xbox as well because the snow storm and the massive rainstorm in the dark are AMAZING! Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I personally can't wait to have a play around with the new set up of how the captain skills work (I'm not alpha testing) will there be more skills and captains available in the beta test weekend 

Edited by IDazzleBrushI
Sent early by accident

Okay so during the alpha, I tried to just read and find out how to register for the beta. I'm lost as to how to do this?

edit: Nevermind, I found it lol. Don't mind me.

Edited by huffdaddy2-6

Thank you W. G., we look forward to play the test version! Wind from the aft :Smile_bajan2:!

20181025_081418.jpg

Edited by Stefan Tanase
Picture from the sea

Just found out this is coming to console and signed up, probably too late to get access to the beta test, would be the 8th game I’ve beta tested. Love the concept and ease of use to all the world of “    “ games. Free to play and easy to learn, yet a degree of difficulty when going against other skilled players, avoiding torpedoes, crossing the enemies T, avoiding close in combat with heavier ships as a lighter combatant, this is a good balance between realism and simulation vs ease of use and keeping the action up. Keep up the good work guys, forever a fan of the games.

4 hours ago, Roberto Fernández said:

if we are chosen when will the game be available in the Xbox store to download it?

If you get a code, as soon as you enter it, it'll pop up for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.