Ruthless4u

Unofficial closed beta feedback thread

Just thought I would create a thread for some unofficial feedback from the new closed beta testers. Tell us what you think. Please no I did not get in post, plenty of those already.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Lol there are a lot of reasons that will never happen.

Because your gunning for @T33kanne desk?

22 minutes ago, Squibeel said:

To put it nicely I made some " friends " in the management over at WOTC lol.

I'll just leave this here.

If any forum participants (that got the code) want it they can use it since I don't see a forum mask for them yet. No use trying to pretend you are in, we know who you are.

Untitled-2.png

7 hours ago, Squibeel said:

They would most likely keep moderation in-house, employees only. This is their site and liability, unlike Discord. 

23 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

They would most likely keep moderation in-house, employees only. This is their site and liability, unlike Discord. 

Could you imagine me working for Wargaming 

2 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Could you imagine me working for Wargaming 

I love games but wouldn’t want to make them. You work hard for years and ‘fans’ give you such a hard time. I’m trying to thank delelopers more when they create something I like, so it’s not just complaints they’re hearing but praise too.  

I'd really have thought there'd be a thread or folder in a closed area... >.>;;
Well, day one thoughts - I imagine I'll quite and revise or just come back and edit, after the second and third day. 

• I really like it so far. I didn't get near as much sleep as I probably should have last night. I haven't found any heroic level bugs with which to prove my worth, but I'm trying lots of things.
  • Some of the interface elements seem a bit small to me. I find myself really squinting and leaning forward trying to read them. I could make a list, or just try to establish a pixel threshold, if I can look up with the interface resolution is somewhere (I've done UI/UX, but not for a console game, so I don't know offhand what you design to)
  • I really miss being able to look into team scores and battle details on the results page.
  • It sounds silly, but after so many games for so many years, the game not explicitly saying "Don't worry, you won't be penalized for not watching the end of the battle." made me wonder for a moment - but, only until I saw the results came in. (I haven't found where to go back and look at those results yet, I don't think. I haven't looked for it, but I don't recall it jumping up at me.)
  • I got used to the control scheme fairly quickly, but I still hit the wrong button for some things after... Gotta be maybe 30 games so far?  speed adjustment and steering, mostly. I don't think I've ever confused port and starboard when going forward but looking backward on the PC game, but I've done it a lot on the console so far.  I assume that'll soak in, though.
  • A way to manage range rings on the mini-map, and maybe adjust the size and location of the minimap would be good. I'm not 100% sure which is visibility (spotted) and gun range, and I don't _think_ I've seen torpedo range at all.
  • I miss the ability to target lock and the way a locked target auto-tracks rather a lot. That seems like it's got to be a considered interface decision, but I miss it.
  • I haven't found where to see battle statistics / player record / medals and achievement type things. 
  • I'd really like 'sorry', 'thank you', 'good game', 'gl;hf' type radial command options.

And, another list for some questions maybe?

• Do you want screen caps of suspected bugs or odd occurrences? Is there an XBox account we could share or message them to?
  • Are we meant to spend free xp like mad to get to tier IV/V ASAP?
  • "Who do I have to f--- to get a drink around here?" probably isn't appropriate forum language, but who do I have to bribe, cajole, sweet talk, plead with, or have kidnapped or assassinated to get onto the not-weekend-only test team? (joking about kidnappings and assassinations probably isn't appropriate forum language, either, come to think of it, and when I typed a little winking emoticon so you wouldn't think I'm a psycho, CR and arrow keys stopped working. >.>;; )

I'll come back and add more stuff as I notice it, or it comes to me, or the coffee takes effect.

Evening all. I was hoping to get into the Beta and was thrilled when my code came through. So far it has lived up to my expectations. I've been playing WOT's for years and as an ex-matelot this has definitely been a welcome change. 

Finding the controls pretty easy to manage and generally really enjoying the gameplay. I like where the graphics are heading and there's nothing really I would want to complain about. Only mirroring the previous post about being able to have a break down of the results post battle and to review your own stats / profile. I'm sure this will be introduced though. Other than that, GG WG GG. 👍

I locked up hard today - it's a not-unknown xbox error you get across games - the sound goes to a harsh buzz and the screen locks for a while, then the game closes.  Took a few tries to get back in, nothing to replicate really, so I'll just note it here rather than in a bug report.

I've been playing WOWS on the PC for about a year now since I finally upgraded my PC and kind of let my trusty XBone sit by the wayside since WOT was getting a bit toxic for my taste... This is the first time I've done any testing and the first time I've played the console in months... I am thrilled to see this finally making its way to console!!! I like the way Commanders are set up and the gameplay in general, one thing I wish was available as an option is to make the mini-map follow your own orientation like in the PC version... Perhaps in a later version... All things being equal though GREAT WORK WG!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Honor MacDonald said:

I locked up hard today - it's a not-unknown xbox error you get across games - the sound goes to a harsh buzz and the screen locks for a while, then the game closes.  Took a few tries to get back in, nothing to replicate really, so I'll just note it here rather than in a bug report.

I'm going to tag @T33kanne with this just to make sure it's seen. I had a few disconnects yesterday but they already know about.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.