GrampyCuish

Some of my thoughts and questions during Beta weekend..

I was not sure where to post this so I stuck it here.

I have been enjoying playing so far, have not raged once, I play vs AI until I get a feel for the ship then go in to PVP.

I assume you get more experience for pvp?, maybe it is mention in game and I missed it.

I like the looks and feel of the game, have had no issues with lag or crashes, loading in to matches has been smooth, I did notice the zoomed in twitch which is already a known issue.

I like the ability to mute individual players or just shut voice chat off, definite +1 from me.

I found scoring system confusing at first, red flag on left, blue on right, I thought numbers under red flag were for red team and vice versa.

Looking around seems slow when locking guns and trying to see what I may be running into.

Mini map location and size, too small for me, can not tell how close I am to teammate etc and I am always looking in bottom right corner for it.

Have had trouble backing up a few times after running in to islands, ship did not seem to want to go in reverse.

After battle results is there a way to see these for everyone?.

Some sort of destroyer tutorial might help, was not sure what smoke and engine boost were until using them and shooting torps when everything was lined up very rarely hit anything, I was confused for a bit.

Spectating controls legend, I watched a few games from other ships before I realised pressing triangle was free view.

Ship sorting?, I am starting to get a long line of ships and can not figure out how to sort them by Nation etc.

Does gold and experience acquired stay in your account after beta test?.

If I notice anything else I will add it here but so far so good, I  will definitely be playing World of Warships Legends when released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a guy that made a thread on off topic for this but then again I can understand why you didn't check there (because game discussion would make more sense). 

1 minute ago, Squibeel said:

There was a guy that made a thread on off topic for this but then again I can understand why you didn't check there (because game discussion would make more sense). 

I don't think I could create threads in game discussion at the time. Can't rememnber lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Ruthless4u said:

I don't think I could create threads in game discussion at the time. Can't rememnber lol.

It was locked yes. We could always ask for it to be moved here now.

1 minute ago, Squibeel said:

It was locked yes. We could always ask for it to be moved here now.

I tagged T33kanne and asked him to move it.

Agree with just about everything from the OP 👍 

Will mention that ships have a fair amount of inertia so can take a while to get moving and even more time to stop and reverse if already moving. 

Agree with OP been fun adjusting. My only negative experience so far is when switching from zoom to 3rd person and back my reticle will be at maximum depression. Anyone else experience this?

i am registered for the closed beta but can't actually find the game to download on the xbox. it doesn't come up in a store search and I don't know anywhere else to look. where do I go to download the closed beta game to play?

hi @chris mann sorry to hear having issues  but did you get a code from our Legends Stuff ?

Edited by nti9
Word Correction

1 hour ago, chris mann said:

i am registered for the closed beta but can't actually find the game to download on the xbox. it doesn't come up in a store search and I don't know anywhere else to look. where do I go to download the closed beta game to play?

If you received a code in your email, redeem that code on your console store.  If you didn’t receive a code, you have not been invited to test.

What's the highest tier we can grind too in pvp ? I just unlocked the aoba tier V IJN cruiser but I sat in que for forever and no game and so it only lets me play it in pve 

59 minutes ago, John-berg1995 said:

What's the highest tier we can grind too in pvp ? I just unlocked the aoba tier V IJN cruiser but I sat in que for forever and no game and so it only lets me play it in pve 

Tier 7, but there may not be enough players at the higher tiers to get standard matches.

• Like 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.