Sign in to follow this  
jonot6

Thoughts so far...

Colour me impressed. 

I love the higher torpedo view, the better perspective really helps when lining up shots. 

I love the captain system, the pc version just seemed fiddly and too micro intensive. 

I really like how the ship defaults to a straight line, so course corrections are exactly that. Corrections. Not commitments. 

Being a seasoned WOT Console player, the straight, situational, AP/HE choice is BEYOND refreshing. I’m known among my friends as a bit of a rager...many a controller has been lost on the line of duty.

But this hits the adrenaline just right, with soooo much less RNG/luck based punishments. It rewards skill. If you do badly, just learn and do better. If I surprise a destroyer he is RIP. I outplay him, poof, reward. 

I love the reload circles in the middle, I had no idea how you guys would implement that on console, but wow. Top notch, it conveys information such as gun position, turn rate, and the reload status of every individual gun/turret seamlessly. Seriously give the brain box that came up with that a bonus!! 

I like the module/upgrade progression system, if i were to be nit picky, I’d say it was a touch “too” simplistic, was hoping for more customisation, but I’m only at tier 4 so that may well come later!! 

One “tiny” other thing... we are all used to the map in the bottom right, wot console, wot pc and WOW pc are all bottom right... I find myself never looking at it or just glancing at my ammo selection. It’s like suddenly driving on the wrong side of the road... you can do it... but you’ll probably hit a lot more mountains... 

Anyway, thank you for putting up with my Essay, I’ll add more as I progress and if anything else jumps out at me! 

Thanks guys!! 

• Like 2

I am not a fan of the reload indicators in the reticle.  I think it is over complicated.  If it has to stay I wish it turned green when loaded.  The white color is weird.  It is the only UI feature I don't like.  Otherwise the graphics and UI are very good.

Played for a few hours yesterday.  The graduated start was a great idea especially for none players of the pc version like myself. Drip feed the info to let it sink in. My only gripe is getting used to using torps. No doubt my tiny brain will get there in the end. Excellent game tho top marks all round. Didn't come across any glitches just a few sunken ships 😉 happy dayz.

I was having problems looking around. One thing with the PC version, you were constantly popping in and out of zoom to see what was going on and find out where the enemy was or check who was firing at you, or where the incoming torps were. Is there a quick look? I can't imagine having to look around in BBs and having ti realign your guns.

I also had issues with the minimap. In the PC version, the minimap was right there in your field of view, so getting quick glimpses of the situation were a little easier. In the console version, you have so much real estate that I found I was having to "disengage" my attention to look at the minimap.

I would like the cross hairs to be beefier. There is so much detail in the graphics, that minor bits of the UI get lost in your field of view.

I have to say the graphics are awesome. A lot of the out of battle UI seems a little strange, but I think that is just because I am not used to it.

I have to agree with a couple of other people on the captains skill trees, they look a little more intriguing than the PC version.

3 hours ago, billy2hawks said:

I was having problems looking around. One thing with the PC version, you were constantly popping in and out of zoom to see what was going on and find out where the enemy was or check who was firing at you, or where the incoming torps were. Is there a quick look? I can't imagine having to look around in BBs and having ti realign your guns.

I also had issues with the minimap. In the PC version, the minimap was right there in your field of view, so getting quick glimpses of the situation were a little easier. In the console version, you have so much real estate that I found I was having to "disengage" my attention to look at the minimap.

I would like the cross hairs to be beefier. There is so much detail in the graphics, that minor bits of the UI get lost in your field of view.

I have to say the graphics are awesome. A lot of the out of battle UI seems a little strange, but I think that is just because I am not used to it.

I have to agree with a couple of other people on the captains skill trees, they look a little more intriguing than the PC version.

Hold LB to lock your guns in position, then look around. 

The handling on large ships is amazing, and the reverse speed in particular on some battleships seems insanely good...perhaps even a touch OP. 

They certainly dont lumber around around as much as on the PC, and that’s a good thing if you like BB’s, but I’ve seen many a cruiser player get surprise blapped expecting the BB to take an ice age to turn. 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.