LadyTanker

Will there be divisions on console during testing and afterward?

I've never played in a division while trying the game on pc. I was wondering if we will have that opportunity on console while testing? Will that capability be on console at all?  

Don’t you worry there, Lady!  I’m quite certain that we’ll see Division play in both tests and in the final release version!  “Squads” or “platoons” are a hallmark for online multiplayer games and that won’t be lost in WoWSL.  The only real question is what the size limit will be.... Divisions on PC are limited to 3 players in Multiplayer, but larger divisions are allowed for Clan battles and PvE modes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BrogueOne If the PvP battles are still 12 on 12 then I think we can reasonably expect divisions to still be limited to three and I think we will see a one tier spread maximum like we do on PC.  These are balance issues that were ironed out on PC and I don't believe WG is going to throw us for that big of a loop.   But who knows? We've been surprised with both good and bad *cough* Graf Zepplin *cough*, and I 'm excited to see what we get.

@LadyTanker With that being said, I really don't see why such a base function of all of WG's properties would be left on the cutting room floor, even for Alpha.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WastelandMadGod said:

@BrogueOne If the PvP battles are still 12 on 12 then I think we can reasonably expect divisions to still be limited to three and I think we will see a one tier spread maximum like we do on PC.  These are balance issues that were ironed out on PC and I don't believe WG is going to throw us for that big of a loop.   But who knows? We've been surprised with both good and bad *cough* Graf Zepplin *cough*, and I 'm excited to see what we get.

@LadyTanker With that being said, I really don't see why such a base function of all of WG's properties would be left on the cutting room floor, even for Alpha.

Agreed.  WoTsC has 15v15 battles and allows 5 man platoons though.... it also allows for some fairly egregious “fail platooning” because of the +2/-2 MM.  Its not uncommon to see a Tier V tank in a platoon with a Tier VI, or even VII and be in a match with tanks 3 tiers higher or more! 

But with WoWSL having a cap of 7 tiers, I imagine that Divisions will probably be restricted to same-tier ships.... but we’ll just have to wait and see I guess! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrogueOne said:

Don’t you worry there, Lady!  I’m quite certain that we’ll see Division play in both tests and in the final release version!  “Squads” or “platoons” are a hallmark for online multiplayer games and that won’t be lost in WoWSL.  The only real question is what the size limit will be.... Divisions on PC are limited to 3 players in Multiplayer, but larger divisions are allowed for Clan battles and PvE modes.

I've been meaning to invite you to platoon in WOT, but also figured you play mostly higher tiers. If we're in on testing, at least we'll all be on same level. But a lot of you will likely move ahead quicker than me. I moved too quickly in WOT rather than doing the full potential at each tier. I want be a purple crew woman. Lol. 

Edited by LadyTanker

2 hours ago, LadyTanker said:

I've been meaning to invite you to platoon in WOT, but also figured you play mostly higher tiers. If we're in on testing, at least we'll all be on same level. But a lot of you will likely move ahead quicker than me. I moved too quickly in WOT rather than doing the full potential at each tier. I want be a purple crew woman. Lol. 

Don’t be afraid to send me a message.  I admit that I’m a bit elusive, but I’m happy to spend a few hours in a platoon when I do come out of isolation(and if I manage to see the notifications, lol).  I still have plenty of grinds across multiple tiers because I have T.A.D.D..... Tank Attention Deficit Disorder...

being good at the game isn’t important..... when you genuinely have fun playing and actively learn from your mistakes as you do, you simply get better naturally.  I would expect that WoWSL will still have challenges that even veteran Captains will need to master that they might not have learned in the OG game.  But we’ll learn together!

• Like 1

Well, if it's like the alpha of pc, I don't think there'd be any divisions 😋.

But, it would be a good idea to implement it, to check what mistakes it has and not to make it like in WoWs Pc, for example: when the division commander is crashed the game, members are unable to go to battle or leave the division or when you take the game out in half a game, you can not use the chat of the division (although it would be interesting to know what the chat would be... I deviate from the theme hahahahaha). 

It would be interesting to test the divisions in the alpha, of course, with certain "limits", but preferably as in the pc version to test for possible failures.

• Like 1

This does kind of bring up the question of communication in general.  Typing isn't exactly an option, quick commands can be decent if used properly under the right circumstances, and open team voice channels can be a...mixed bag, to be nice about it.  I think the latter will unfortunately be the best solution but if you show up in a division you are likely to be in a party, which will shut out general voice comms.  So things may be a little weird or frustrating going in.

• Like 1

I know a good group of my PS4 WOT console clan. Our Darkest Hour [ODH]. Applied for alpha. So, we will definitely be running platoons/divisions/fleet of ships.

• Like 1

The [ONE] for WoT Console has 3 that have submitted their names to Legends Alpha.

2 of the 3 from the WoT Console [ONE] own the same name clan in WoWS, we kept the name..... 

2 hours ago, dcr66 said:

The [ONE] for WoT Console has 3 that have submitted their names to Legends Alpha.

2 of the 3 from the WoT Console [ONE] own the same name clan in WoWS, we kept the name..... 

That reminds me..... I’m probably going to keep with ELDER for WoWSL since most of our Clan is most certainly going to be playing once it’s live!  Also...... this is my chance to be CO instead of XO! Lol.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.