Ruthless4u

If you got into this closed beta, are you automatically enrolled in future closed betas?

I ask because a WOTC player ambassador says that  @Philigula said this over on the WOTC forums

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/226411-wows-beta-codedid-you-get-one/page__pid__4642866__st__100#entry4642866

Sounds like if mashman is correct, you don't automatically get into closed beta sessions after this. Can you clarify this Phil or T33kanne. I would hate for people to confused over this.

Edited by Ruthless4u

So instead of increasing the number of players every weekend they just keep rerolling them? Maybe they will increase the number of invites and also do a reroll but it just sounds so much of a pain when you think about the code distribution...

What got out of that wot post was you may not get in next time but you don't have to register again. But i'm old and forget things.....Wait what were we talking about ? 

3 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

I ask because a WOTC player ambassador says that  @Philigula said this over on the WOTC forums

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/226411-wows-beta-codedid-you-get-one/page__pid__4642866__st__100#entry4642866

Sounds like if mashman is correct, you don't automatically get into closed beta sessions after this. Can you clarify this Phil or T33kanne. I would hate for people to confused over this.

Players invited to this weekends CBT, will only have access during this period. I've had that confirmed by Phil.

2 minutes ago, electronaut1976 said:

Do we keep our progress from beta or will it be erased on release? That would suck...

And also do i have to delete WoWs after the weekend? 

As with most betas progress is wiped at release

55 minutes ago, electronaut1976 said:

Well no need to keep playing then

You do know the point of betas is to test right? WOTC did the same thing to its testers, as with almost all games with alpha/beta testing.

• Like 1

The intention of a beta test isn't to get an "early start" into a game but to help shape the game.

You have the oportunity most people, their intentions aside, are crying out to have in the forum so you took that place from them and are quitting? And remember, by not helping shape the game when you have that chance you have really no right to complain if you don't like something later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, electronaut1976 said:

Well no need to keep playing then

:facepalm:

I keep typing and deleting responses, but I just can't come up with anything more appropriate than the facepalm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T33kanne said:

Yep can confirm - only alpha testers will have access after the weekend 😉 

This is a tale of great sadness... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThRiLl_GmYr said:

Step 1- Delete WOWSL

Step 2- Download WOWS PC

WOWS on PC in my opinion is clearly the better game. That being said legends is an acceptable substitute until I can find space for my PC again to set it up. I still have fun with legends, but PC has more options that allows me to enjoy the game more. 

The best part is legends is perfect for my 10 year old, so he does not screw around with the PC version when I'm able to get back on lol.

Edited by Ruthless4u

I was able to play the beta this weekend and I enjoyed it very much. I played the pc version, which my 8 year old son now plays. One thing I would like to see is being able to see the hit points left on a ship when you are zoomed in. The game play was fluid and graphics were good. The other thing would be a better way to tell if you are a top tier or lower tier ship as far as power. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, diabloshiva said:

I was able to play the beta this weekend and I enjoyed it very much. I played the pc version, which my 8 year old son now plays. One thing I would like to see is being able to see the hit points left on a ship when you are zoomed in. The game play was fluid and graphics were good. The other thing would be a better way to tell if you are a top tier or lower tier ship as far as power. 

You can pull up the team list/enlarged map. It shows the ships/tiers of team mates and enemies. If you're a tier IV and see tier IIIs, you're top tier. 

Edited by RuefulCenturion
Typo.

11 minutes ago, diabloshiva said:

I think they are worried about the screen being too cluttered and hard to read if they use numbers  instead of health bars, especially if players are sitting on their couch playing.

As far as telling if your top/lower tier just look at the ship list on the map. I don't really think they could do that with the upgrade packages. On PC they had a comparison at the beginning of the match but not heard if they will add it here.

3 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

You can pull up the team list/enlarged map. It shows the ships/tiers of team mates and enemies. If you're a ier IV and see tier IIIs, you're top tier. 

Ninja'd me due to my overly long explanations

Thank you all for the chance to play. I  had a blast. Game is good for the most part few things here and there but players and me have already posted that. As far as some players wanting to have an edge when the game comes out...you do have an edge you know how the game works..how it is set up...where cits are..how close torps get before you see them and you don't have to figure it out like all the others will. It can all change i know but you have an idea what is what.  just my 2 cents

Havent received an invite to the Alpha, how come? Why not make things easier for yourselves and open the Alpha/Betas to Xbox One Insiders, so many companies do not choose to opt for their playtests to be pushed through the Insider Hub app on Xbox One and i cant understand why they dont? Its pretty dumb as the insider hub would provide and more broader audience and would give developers a proper idea of real world playtests not a very limited number playtesting, also by opening it to insiders its not like you run the risk of the build breaking as its not like a full Open Beta whereby all Xbox users are welcome to download and playtest. Can anyone comment on the Logic of not allowing it through the Xbox Insider Hub, regardless of what Insider Level or even maybe qualify with judt being an Insider for 3+ months or something?

23 minutes ago, woo67 said:

Thank you all for the chance to play. I  had a blast. Game is good for the most part few things here and there but players and me have already posted that. As far as some players wanting to have an edge when the game comes out...you do have an edge you know how the game works..how it is set up...where cits are..how close torps get before you see them and you don't have to figure it out like all the others will. It can all change i know but you have an idea what is what.  just my 2 cents

One would think knowing that stuff I would of done better.....

4 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

One would think knowing that stuff I would of done better.....

Just how i see it. Not trying to step on toes or anything like that.

9 minutes ago, woo67 said:

Just how i see it. Not trying to step on toes or anything like that.

No worries, Im just terrible at gaming in general lol. Still have fun.

that is what it's about...fun

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.