Sign in to follow this  
Patrick 0

Closed BETA feedback

Being new to the game, this BETA was a fun experience.  The controls are easy to understand and the game ran smooth on my xbox one x.  After several hours in battle there were just a few suggestions I had thought about and whether previously discussed or not I would like to share them here.  

Pressing select in battle brings up the map and was thinking it would be nice to have some sort of numbers and letters on the grid as an easy reference to coordinate with others in my division.  A way to select a grid square on the map and "ping" it would be even better.

Using torpedoes has been a lot of fun.  After explaining how they work to a friend, we both thought it might be easier to understand "leading" a target if the lead indicator wasn't the exact same as your torpedo aiming line. Perhaps two different shades of gray or one having a pattern to differentiate between the two.

Going through the commanders screen I was thinking it would be useful to add an explanation on screen of the promotion orders and how to receive them (if applicable in the BETA).

Overall this has been really enjoyable and I can't wait to play more nations and ships in the next BETA or full release.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:34 AM, Patrick 0 said:

Being new to the game, this BETA was a fun experience.  The controls are easy to understand and the game ran smooth on my xbox one x.  After several hours in battle there were just a few suggestions I had thought about and whether previously discussed or not I would like to share them here.  

Pressing select in battle brings up the map and was thinking it would be nice to have some sort of numbers and letters on the grid as an easy reference to coordinate with others in my division.  A way to select a grid square on the map and "ping" it would be even better.

Using torpedoes has been a lot of fun.  After explaining how they work to a friend, we both thought it might be easier to understand "leading" a target if the lead indicator wasn't the exact same as your torpedo aiming line. Perhaps two different shades of gray or one having a pattern to differentiate between the two.

Going through the commanders screen I was thinking it would be useful to add an explanation on screen of the promotion orders and how to receive them (if applicable in the BETA).

Overall this has been really enjoyable and I can't wait to play more nations and ships in the next BETA or full release.

Agree.  I wasn't sure about how to use the torpedoes until a friend explained the mechanic to me.  Overall, the game was enjoyable and I didn't observe any bugs or crashes in the 15 odd games I played.  

I had never played WoWS before. This was enjoyable. Thank you. I hope to participate in further beta tests if possible. I have been playing WoT: Mercenaries for three years now and was looking forward to this. So, for my feedback:

I had no crashes. Everything seemed to be smooth running except for some loading issues in the port. It would take a while for the ship to load and it seemed to load in pieces. It looked like the ship was being assembled. Hull, towers/masts, batteries, etc. Sometimes, I wouldn't get loaded into the battle until there was only five seconds or so before the battle started.

The controls were easy to learn. I noticed that with my Elite controller, the quick triggers didn't work. I had to use the slower full pull on the triggers to zoom in and fire. Being accustomed to being able to use the quick trigger in WoT:M, I was confused for my first match. 

Around the reticle, I saw a torpedo indicator. Awesome! Once torpedoes are spotted, I can know where they are! Not quite. The indicator always shows the torpedo pointed at my ship. I found myself taking evasive maneuvers for torpedoes that were just passing by. If my ship can see the torps, can my indicator also show the direction they are traveling so I know whether I need to take action or can continue to focus on my target?

During a few matches, the gun firing sound effect would seem muffled or non-existent. First volley: BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!! Second volley: silence. I will go through my recorded matches to see if I can find an example.

During the matches that I had loaded into quicker, I had wanted to tell my teammates where I was planning on going and couldn't ping the map. Did I miss something or is this not an available function? I also tried speaking to teammates using my headset and there was no response. I don't know if they heard me or not, but I never heard anyone else speaking. The quick command wheel works though.

One thing I miss, is the end game results for both teams. Seeing what I did is great and all, but knowing how I performed relative to my team and the opposing team is very helpful.

Thank you for the opportunity to join in on this beta. I enjoyed the game very much. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Awesome fun game!  I agree with other comments above concerning having grids labelled on the map and having the torpedo marker a slight different color.  Would be nice to see how everyone did in the battle instead of just you.  This is my first beta test and would enjoy the chance to test more in the future!  Thank you 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.