Sign in to follow this  
Meatballsaws

Torp tips wanted.

Hey all, been having some difficulty with my torp accuracy from range. I notice on pc the torps have a reticle of sorts to assist in range finding. Having a bit of trouble gauging lead from 5kms or so. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Meatballsaws said:

Hey all, been having some difficulty with my torp accuracy from range. I notice on pc the torps have a reticle of sorts to assist in range finding. Having a bit of trouble gauging lead from 5kms or so. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

When you switch to aim torps, look at the white circle on your mini-map. The bots are very good at evading torps at times, and if you send from max range, it gives players time to change direction. 

Also it helps if the ship your targeting is distracted by fighting one or more other ships in closer proximity.

On some maps it's possible to blind fire into areas that you know ships will be coming through.

dont forget you have the option of wide or narrow spread.

42 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

When you switch to aim torps, look at the white circle on your mini-map. The bots are very good at evading torps at times, and if you send from max range, it gives players time to change direction. 

Ahh mini map, didnt think of that. Cheers mate.

34 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Also it helps if the ship your targeting is distracted by fighting one or more other ships in closer proximity.

On some maps it's possible to blind fire into areas that you know ships will be coming through.

dont forget you have the option of wide or narrow spread.

I generally use the narrow spread as Im assuming a better accuracy, but I seem to have better luck with the wide spread as I hit targets Im not aiming for sometimes, lol. 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.