• Don't care
    • Other
  4. 4. Are you satisfied with the tiers going only to 7

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other
  5. 5. Do you like the linear upgrade progression system?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other
  6. 6. Do you like the commander skill system

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other
  7. 7. Do you see yourself spending additional money on the game

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other

Just a poll for the closed beta testers.

Of course feel free to expand on your answers in the comment section.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 2

Said yes to most but I dont like the linear upgrade system. It would be better if we had a choice what upgrade we want to reflect our play style.

Probably will spend some money, but the days of buying 60 dollar tanks/ships are long gone.

Im sure wows will eventually go past tier VII at some point. I missed out on wotc early days but didnt they cap out at tier VIIII?

Overall I enjoyed the game. I will play once this game gets released. But the problem with these types of games are that they are time sinkers. Might be hard to manage time between wotc/wows.

I votes yes to most also.  I can see playing when it comes out but the matches are long and the grinds will be lengthy.  I wasn't able to get to play it till today.  Wish I had more time to learn the controls.  Never did figure how to change to torpedoes.  Also didn't find out how to exit to main screen after dying and battle still going on.  

To switch to torpedos on ps4 just hit triangle. To exit game after dying, press the start button. But it doesnt say if you get to keep your xp if you leave battle.

It's solid. Once maps, nations and general quality of life features are added they will have a genuine contender on their hands. The linear prog system is fine for consoles and is perfect for newbs. The ai introduction isnt going to scare off new players like a t2 Mali and will help peeps hone their skills. Hard to be critical of a beta but I will say the music needs to be more shanty-ish, but I'll get that fetish rubbed when Skull and Bones drops.

Overall, I think the game is fantastic and the Beta Version is beyond my expectation. I will recommend it to my friends and other WOWS players in China, definitely.

However, I'd like to express some of my thoughts on this version. Hope it can do good to the future optimization of the game.

1. Suggest adding the custom options for game UI. To make it possible for the players to adjust the size, position and the kind of the UI factors on the screen. I played the game via XBX on my 55-inch TV in living room, but sometimes I found some UI factors was a little bit small for me (e.g. the minimap, weapon indicator, fire/flooding indicator). So I hope I can adjust the UI in future.

2. Suggest modifying the Captain system. I understand the Captain system in Beta version is much easier than PC version. The best thing I think should be a Captain can be used in different warships without re-education. I'm not sure this will also work in release version but it does save lot of the player's time. However, I don't think the current Perk-tree model is most ideal because I cannot choose the Perks I needed most. In this case, the different characterized Captains may not be possible and the fun of fostering a personalized Captain may be decreased.

3. Suggest opening the Tier VIII - X. I noticed that to fit the Tier system in Beta version, some warships' tiers have been modified (e.g. US BB New York to IV, US CA Baltimore to VII, etc.). I think the less tiers may be a reason for the more intense but short-time battles (9v9, 15min time limit). However, I don't think the WOWS on console should follow the same way on mobile devices. Mobile games need rapid battles, but I would like to spend much time in my couch with controller, just like or even longer than sitting in front of PC. I really enjoy unlocking and purchasing the warships, seeing my fleet grows bigger and stronger. In this regard, could you please add more tiers with more warships?

Thanks WG again for the efforts you have made on WOWSL. Hope I can have another chance to witness the improvement of the game.

• Like 1

One of the things I would like to see is a training room like wot for me it was a steep learning curve probably because I had not played this on pc but over all I enjoyed it and it was a great change of pace!!

I said yes to most of the questions. Right now I'm not open to spending money but maybe later down the line. I really would like tier 10 ships; I will respect whatever decision the devs make. The linear progression works but I think we can have the same version from PC, it's not as intensive like world of tanks. This is more of a quality of life thing for the commanders, instead of constantly changing skills when you use one commander on more than one ship. Have it so you don't have to change the skill before every match if you're switching between ships but have the same commander. I do want to say the progression we had in the beta felt to "grindy".  

Edited by Deadly_Dragon387

3 hours ago, Larry Johnson said:

One of the things I would like to see is a training room like wot for me it was a steep learning curve probably because I had not played this on pc but over all I enjoyed it and it was a great change of pace!!

You have the option of AI opponents. All the training you need.

• Haha 1

The new captain model is great, but if you change a perk, this change to all ships with the selected captain.

I think the change perk can effective only to a selected ship

Sorry for my english.

Esample, I use Togo Captain both for Battleship and HeavyCruiser (e.i. furutaka)

Jap ship with same captain with different perk:

BattleShip, Togo Captain, cannon traverse

HeavyCruiser, Togo Captain, not cannon traverse but the other (i don't remember and today the server are down)

Make a memory, same captain, differt ship, different perks

I have already made a thread with some thoughts on the game. 

I do like the game, the graphics are good, the game play is easy to figure out.  I did make a thread with some suggestions.

I do not care for the linear style of progression.  I think the Captain skills are interesting.  Will I spend money on the game, probably, but I'd like to see more improvements.

-Wraith

11 hours ago, OnyxWizard said:

Said yes to most but I dont like the linear upgrade system. It would be better if we had a choice what upgrade we want to reflect our play style.

I agree, I feel like a linear upgrade system like we have may cause some real issues if/when CV's are added to the game.

Lack of choice is never really a good thing. For toddlers maybe but teens and adults not so much.

10 hours ago, OnyxWizard said:

To switch to torpedos on ps4 just hit triangle. To exit game after dying, press the start button. But it doesnt say if you get to keep your xp if you leave battle.

I saw that part where to hit start to exit but not sure if battle would count or not so I stayed.  

I think it may just be new players to ships and the yolo bots that fill in gaps, but the battles felt a little too hectic and yolo-fest like.  I would like to see the strategy inherent in the PC version carry over. I realize this may be impossible given the console player mind set in general. I’ll still play some upon release.  

This biggest “flaw” (for lack of a better word) that I noticed is the target acquire system.  You can’t switch targets in torp mode and it would be better if you could. Also, something keeps happening where my gun sights disappear and I see a graphic of my LS (left stick) on the screen instead. I have to toggle to and from weapons systems to get my sights to reappear. 

6 minutes ago, Bullpup said:

I think it may just be new players to ships and the yolo bots that fill in gaps, but the battles felt a little too hectic and yolo-fest like.  I would like to see the strategy inherent in the PC version carry over. I realize this may be impossible given the console player mind set in general. I’ll still play some upon release.  

This biggest “flaw” (for lack of a better word) that I noticed is the target acquire system.  You can’t switch targets in torp mode and it would be better if you could. Also, something keeps happening where my gun sights disappear and I see a graphic of my LS (left stick) on the screen instead. I have to toggle to and from weapons systems to get my sights to reappear. 

BULLPUPBAKER? 

I think there will be a learning curve, players will get better, some/many won't. I remember watching some of Notser's earlier WoWs videos from 2-3 years ago mentioning their player base getting better and improving. So maybe all games go through that phase. 

1 thing I experienced a couple times is my ship turning by itself. Happened maybe 5-6 times. Also I wish you could load half AP and half HE rounds. Especially in Battleships. If a person could bind 2 buttons to fire half the main guns and then the other half of the main guns that'd be great. Couple times I was firing at a Battleship and a cruiser snuck up on me and murdered me with torps bc my AP over penned.

Well for starters great game would love to help with the beta test can see this game becoming something great and played with a couple people during the beta weekend enjoyed the battleships alot did the american line mainly as i started the japanese line on pc will enjoy starting that line again on console. Not much to say in the way of improving the game apart from some small things like allowing tier 5 to play with tier 4 but to balance it out maybe allow some tier 3 ships with the tier 5 ships make it possible to be top tier in about half the games or more. Also make divisions more visible to other players where possible and give more tiers in the ships don't mind grinding the experience and coin to get them I know it will be alot but worth it.

17 hours ago, pa-system said:

1 thing I experienced a couple times is my ship turning by itself. Happened maybe 5-6 times. Also I wish you could load half AP and half HE rounds. Especially in Battleships. If a person could bind 2 buttons to fire half the main guns and then the other half of the main guns that'd be great. Couple times I was firing at a Battleship and a cruiser snuck up on me and murdered me with torps bc my AP over penned.

The ship turn if you are directed to an obstacle like an island...

Hi,

I looove your game. I've got WoWs on PC, phone and now Xbox. I think your game is made for console, but it would be great if you made a training mision to learn the controls, just as you have done in the Blitz (phone). I think the manual control of the secondary batteries, that you have in Blitz should be copied to the other versions. 

Thanks for an entertaining game!

JKBE, Heenin and PaganPlayer80

I want to thank everyone who took a few minutes to respond to my poll and leave comments. Hopefully  phill or t33kanne can find the results usefull.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, RuefulCenturion said:

BULLPUPBAKER? 

I think there will be a learning curve, players will get better, some/many won't. I remember watching some of Notser's earlier WoWs videos from 2-3 years ago mentioning their player base getting better and improving. So maybe all games go through that phase. 

Yes, it’s me. 

41 minutes ago, Bullpup said:

Yes, it’s me. 

Good to see another familiar face.

I'm surprised respondents generally do like the progression system but not there being only 7 tiers. I wonder if it's phycological that 10 out of 10 is the best...?

12 hours ago, NoZephyr said:

I'm surprised respondents generally do like the progression system but not there being only 7 tiers. I wonder if it's phycological that 10 out of 10 is the best...?

Or they just want awesome ships? More ships in general? They want their Yammy, Shima, Gearing, Montana, Des Monies, Zao, etc. 

Edited by RuefulCenturion

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.