Sign in to follow this  
beta_clone_347

My comments on closed beta, long

WOW PS4 Console comments

I and a friend are trying out WoW:legends, I have experience with WoW On pc and pad, my friend is new to WOW. Both of us play a lot of WoT.

We both enjoyed WoW:legends but don’t expect to replace our tanking time with this but it provides a great alternative to tanks when getting tired of tanking, which occurs occasionally.  We really appreciated the opportunity to play the beta.

Overall play was fun and with no obvious bugs to us.  

Now our nits and comments.  

I had little trouble getting into the game since it is similar to the other versions.  My friend however was challenged.  

1. You will definitely need tutorials and more information for beginners.  
    1. For example is how driving a ship is different for cars or tanks.  When you select stop, the engine stops and you are still coasting and you need to actually apply reverse thrust to come to a complete stop quickly.  Another example is 
    2. the range of torpedoes.  In the beta this isn’t clearly documented so I see people make many wasted shots at extreme range.  Torpedo tutorial would be recommended.
    3. Load screen tactics hints like WoT would be helpful for people not familiar with fleet tactics.  Especially need to address nautical terminology: port, starboard, bow, stern, etc.
    4. The repair and cool down process is different from WoT and needs to be explained, though we did pick it up quickly.
    5. Didn’t catch on to buoys near shore warn of shallow water until we got grounded a couple time, it is clear the shorelines are shallow, just some straits were more shallow than expected.
  2. They were also overloaded by the amount of information in the game screen.   I suspect that  this is in part being new to the game.  I really don’t know if there is a good way to address this, most all of the information is helpful and critical.

Some of the interface problems we encountered:

1. In the game, white on blue for the smaller fonts doesn’t work well.  The load screen, the white on blue is ok since the font is big enough and we have more time to view the information.
  2. The steerage indicator was mostly useless. First I thought the yellow box around the zero heading was the current steering, and so I thought the indicator was broken, only later I noticed the little white caret underneath the steerage.  Difficult to see and takes too long to look at in combat.   Either bigger brighter caret, use yellow box around steerage, or current steerage is centered....  as is this is useless but important.
  3. Speed indicator can be more obvious, as is its in the noise.  As part of this use alternate color for when in reverse so the player is aware that the steerage has a reverse effect on heading.
  4. Ship modification path, would be very nice to see what the upcoming mods are without having to select them. 
  5. Coming from WoT, some of the control and button choices were different and created some confusion.  E.g., when dying early in battle, X normally kicks you out in WoT PS4, here we needed to select option and then select exit.  This is a nit, not a problem, just consider the audience you are hoping to appeal to.

Good work and we hope to play this this more.

11 minutes ago, beta_clone_347 said:

WOW PS4 Console comments

I and a friend are trying out WoW:legends, I have experience with WoW On pc and pad, my friend is new to WOW. Both of us play a lot of WoT.

We both enjoyed WoW:legends but don’t expect to replace our tanking time with this but it provides a great alternative to tanks when getting tired of tanking, which occurs occasionally.  We really appreciated the opportunity to play the beta.

Overall play was fun and with no obvious bugs to us.  

Now our nits and comments.  

I had little trouble getting into the game since it is similar to the other versions.  My friend however was challenged.  

1. You will definitely need tutorials and more information for beginners.  
    1. For example is how driving a ship is different for cars or tanks.  When you select stop, the engine stops and you are still coasting and you need to actually apply reverse thrust to come to a complete stop quickly.  Another example is 
    2. the range of torpedoes.  In the beta this isn’t clearly documented so I see people make many wasted shots at extreme range.  Torpedo tutorial would be recommended.
    3. Load screen tactics hints like WoT would be helpful for people not familiar with fleet tactics.  Especially need to address nautical terminology: port, starboard, bow, stern, etc.
    4. The repair and cool down process is different from WoT and needs to be explained, though we did pick it up quickly.
    5. Didn’t catch on to buoys near shore warn of shallow water until we got grounded a couple time, it is clear the shorelines are shallow, just some straits were more shallow than expected.
  2. They were also overloaded by the amount of information in the game screen.   I suspect that  this is in part being new to the game.  I really don’t know if there is a good way to address this, most all of the information is helpful and critical.

Some of the interface problems we encountered:

1. In the game, white on blue for the smaller fonts doesn’t work well.  The load screen, the white on blue is ok since the font is big enough and we have more time to view the information.
  2. The steerage indicator was mostly useless. First I thought the yellow box around the zero heading was the current steering, and so I thought the indicator was broken, only later I noticed the little white caret underneath the steerage.  Difficult to see and takes too long to look at in combat.   Either bigger brighter caret, use yellow box around steerage, or current steerage is centered....  as is this is useless but important.
  3. Speed indicator can be more obvious, as is its in the noise.  As part of this use alternate color for when in reverse so the player is aware that the steerage has a reverse effect on heading.
  4. Ship modification path, would be very nice to see what the upcoming mods are without having to select them. 
  5. Coming from WoT, some of the control and button choices were different and created some confusion.  E.g., when dying early in battle, X normally kicks you out in WoT PS4, here we needed to select option and then select exit.  This is a nit, not a problem, just consider the audience you are hoping to appeal to.

Good work and we hope to play this this more.

To make it more visible... 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.