Sign in to follow this  
LMN118

Account Migration from PC

This has probably been asked before, and I know the answer but thought to get a definitive answer as I just found about the game today.

Will there be any migration of accounts from PC to Xbox?

If no, will you consider a welcome package for PC veterans? I.e. Premium time/ships.

As someone who has played WoWs since release I've spent a significant amount of money on it, although I haven't played since switching mainly to xbox. I was a long term WoT PC player as well spent money on that and then I've been playing WoT console for a little more than a year, I've spent more money on that too.

The chances of me spending more money on another WG title that I have already invested on in a different platform is not high. It is also the reason I don't play War Thunder and Armoured Warfare on Xbox.

I am sure I am not the only one suffering from fatigue with companies not having a unified account system.

48 minutes ago, LMN118 said:

This has probably been asked before, and I know the answer but thought to get a definitive answer as I just found about the game today.

If no, will you consider a welcome package for PC veterans? I.e. Premium time/ships.

As someone who has played WoWs since release I've spent a significant amount of money on it, although I haven't played since switching mainly to xbox. I was a long term WoT PC player as well spent money on that and then I've been playing WoT console for a little more than a year, I've spent more money on that too.

The chances of me spending more money on another WG title that I have already invested on in a different platform is not high. It is also the reason I don't play War Thunder and Armoured Warfare on Xbox.

I am sure I am not the only one suffering from fatigue with companies not having a unified account system.

Definitive no on transfer. There are simply too many differences between the versions for it to be feasible 

As far as a welcome package I can't say for certain but they have stated they don't want to take players from the PC version. Maybe @Calypso can clarify that part of your question.

Edited by Ruthless4u

On 12/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, LMN118 said:

Hello! There will be no migration or cross-platform experience between PC and consoles. We want to state that WoWs: Legends is a separate project. 

As for the welcome packages - it is still too early to talk about that. We shall share more information closer to the release. Believe me, if we have spoilers for you - we will deliver them immediately 😉

• Like 1

I understand why account migration can't happen, but WG could start thinking about how to incentivize/reward players that play on both platforms.  I would rather play both than have to quit one for the other...

15 hours ago, delp5117 said:

I understand why account migration can't happen, but WG could start thinking about how to incentivize/reward players that play on both platforms.  I would rather play both than have to quit one for the other...

I think they are worried about pulling players from the PC version. I really think that's why we got the dumbed down version of the game, to make sure they would not lose players on the PC. IIRC T33kanne even said they don't want PC players to jump ship there.

well.

If they don't want me to abandon the PC version, they should stop adding ships lines like the royal navy battleships and DDs. Ship lines so pumped up with gimmicks, it almost hurts.

The DDs are the latest offenders. Improved AP shell impact angles, extremely high HE fire chance, in built acceleration mod, excellent smoke system, usable torpedoes with single fire capability, high concealment … their only trade off is that they don't have engine boost. The ones who play on PC know how the battleships are. 

its not because those ships are op (some of them are on the stronk side of the spectrum), its because they are handing out gimmicks like candy and because of that, those lines don't have a special perk that makes them interesting to play.

same with the grozovoi (soviet tier 10 DD). The grozo never was a bad ship - it was actually balanced but they gave it another gimmick to make people play it. the only reason it was buffed, was because people did not play it enough. Not it can mount five consumables at once and it will be a very, very, very good ship wafter the carrier rework, because it has defensive AA as a standard pick. 

add ships like the Stalingrad and the graf zeppelin disaster to the list and you know why some people are fed up - including me.

Poorly balanced or poorly designed ships/lines and the recent power creep made me quit PC (at least for now) … and the fact that i came to like console gaming a lot more than PC gaming.

i have faith in the console team, because they stated multiple times, that legends is a different game, with a different design team on board. from what i have experienced over the last five months, i am pretty positive that they will make a better, more balanced game. 

39 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

i have faith in the console team, because they stated multiple times, that legends is a different game, with a different design team on board. from what i have experienced over the last five months, i am pretty positive that they will make a better, more balanced game. 

It really depends on how dependent they are on PC for content. Are they just taking code from PC, tweaking it for consoles and adding it to the game like WOTC, or do they intend to create their own significant unique content not on PC, unlike WOTC.

Removing options and reorganizing a few tech tress does not make them different, just a scaled down version of the original.

i have a feeling it's going to be more selective copy/paste from PC than original content, just like WOTC.  Still fun to play, but not the " different " game they claim.

Edited by Ruthless4u
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

well.

If they don't want me to abandon the PC version, they should stop adding ships lines like the royal navy battleships and DDs. Ship lines so pumped up with gimmicks, it almost hurts.

The DDs are the latest offenders. Improved AP shell impact angles, extremely high HE fire chance, in built acceleration mod, excellent smoke system, usable torpedoes with single fire capability, high concealment … their only trade off is that they don't have engine boost. The ones who play on PC know how the battleships are. 

its not because those ships are op (some of them are on the stronk side of the spectrum), its because they are handing out gimmicks like candy and because of that, those lines don't have a special perk that makes them interesting to play.

same with the grozovoi (soviet tier 10 DD). The grozo never was a bad ship - it was actually balanced but they gave it another gimmick to make people play it. the only reason it was buffed, was because people did not play it enough. Not it can mount five consumables at once and it will be a very, very, very good ship wafter the carrier rework, because it has defensive AA as a standard pick. 

add ships like the Stalingrad and the graf zeppelin disaster to the list and you know why some people are fed up - including me.

Poorly balanced or poorly designed ships/lines and the recent power creep made me quit PC (at least for now) … and the fact that i came to like console gaming a lot more than PC gaming.

I don't think they intend to be "gimmicky", I think they just want lines to be noticeably different from each other. Keep people interested, and give them a reason to play each line. Fortunately, I don't think we'll move beyond 4 different consumables per match. I do hope we get the option to choose them though. But your complaints are probably one of the reasons why they're holding off on adding high tier ships.

26 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

I don't think they intend to be "gimmicky", I think they just want lines to be noticeably different from each other. Keep people interested, and give them a reason to play each line. Fortunately, I don't think we'll move beyond 4 different consumables per match. I do hope we get the option to choose them though. But your complaints are probably one of the reasons why they're holding off on adding high tier ships.

I don't think we will see more than 4 per match, at least if they want to keep them on the D-pad. I can see both sides of the gimmick/national flavor issue, but I can be a real problem if done badly. As far as higher tiers is concerned I think 7 tiers can work. But again if done badly it really won't be fun. I'm interested in seeing how they implement carriers with the condensed tier,what tier they start at, XP grinds, etc.

Vor 8 Minuten, RuefulCenturion sagte:

And that's a good decision. High tier on PC is campy, boring and repetitive. 

they tried to make the British lines stand out and it is important to make them stand out, when you already have several other lines in the game. The problem is, that they tried to do it by throwing gimmick after gimmick at the new ships. Imho, it did not make the lone stand out in a positive way. I made it look like freak show.

ruthless. legends is off course a spin off and it does share a lot of the recourses but if they balance the game on its own, its a different game.

lets look at the British DDs. On PC, they consist of gimmicks and power creep, to make people play them. On console, they don't need to go that route.

iirc, CMS already mentioned, that they will balance legends the way they want - this exactly what is needed to avoid later problems. the belfast was released in an utterly broken state. Even without IFHE (skill trees had not been reworked at that time), the ship had insane dpm, radar, concealment, smoke AND hydro. you could not really counter that ship, except with another radar - problem was, that only premium ships at tier seven have radar. Another problem was, that most DDs torpedoes had a shorter range, than the radar. That made it risky to saturate the belfasts smoke with torps. You needed a premium to counter a premium. Off course people adapted. The ship was released despite super testers said them, that the ship was too strong. 

this can be avoided if tue current team stands for what they said. That is good enough for me.

on your "its a reduced (dumbed down) version" i can only say - good. Because i have played enough high tier matches on PC to make me quit high tier because of the gameplay. Off course other people like high tier but for me, its simply not fun to flee from four radar ships per side, who are camping rocks. 

tier eight on PC is a total 💩 show, tier nine is a filler (except fletcher and the premiums) and tier 10 is extremely min-maxed and full of paper ships. Add passive gameplay and long range sniping to the mix.

i am more than willing to give legends a chance to stand their ground and get better than PC. It surely has the potential.

High tier problems will always be high tier problem regardless of how many tiers you have, whether it's 7 or 70. Player are going to want what they think are iconic/legendary ships and by compressing the tiers they made balance harder, not easier. I really think for example adding the Yamato will cause some real headaches for them balance wise. 

As far as radar, I bet we will see it here and the issues will be the same. 

have you played high tier on PC?

when the us light cruisers were introduced, there were up to five radar ships per side. They had long lasting radar, because of certain upgrades. One des moin with a minute of radar was already tough and even highly skilled players said, that it was nearly a death sentence to get caught by that.

now imagine ships, that are apex killers at close ranges with radar and because they can shoot over islands, they could not ben countered. 

yeah … the yamato would be hard to balance but other ships would be even harder. The yamatos only difficult feature would be her guns and you could fox that by adding armor to other potential tier 8 ships. Other ships would be really difficult, because of their entire design.

High tier us cruises would have everything that is needed to crush everything - high rate of fire, excellent HE, excellent AP, radar, hydro, def AA, good concealment, rainbow arcs (godlike if you get used to them) and usable armor. a des Moines would really be difficult to balance … and don't get me started on the Worcester - that thing is not even balanced on PC.

radar is not going to be a problem in legends, because the teams are smaller, radar is not long lasting, turret traverse is slower, rate of fire is slower as well. less ships, less radar, lower duration and less shells in the air. Radar can and will hurt enemy DDs but it will not be as devastating as it is on PC.

2 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

have you played high tier on PC?

when the us light cruisers were introduced, there were up to five radar ships per side. They had long lasting radar, because of certain upgrades. One des moin with a minute of radar was already tough and even highly skilled players said, that it was nearly a death sentence to get caught by that.

now imagine ships, that are apex killers at close ranges with radar and because they can shoot over islands, they could not ben countered. 

yeah … the yamato would be hard to balance but other ships would be even harder. The yamatos only difficult feature would be her guns and you could fox that by adding armor to other potential tier 8 ships. Other ships would be really difficult, because of their entire design.

High tier us cruises would have everything that is needed to crush everything - high rate of fire, excellent HE, excellent AP, radar, hydro, def AA, good concealment, rainbow arcs (godlike if you get used to them) and usable armor. a des Moines would really be difficult to balance … and don't get me started on the Worcester - that thing is not even balanced on PC.

radar is not going to be a problem in legends, because the teams are smaller, radar is not long lasting, turret traverse is slower, rate of fire is slower as well. less ships, less radar, lower duration and less shells in the air. Radar can and will hurt enemy DDs but it will not be as devastating as it is on PC.

We also only have one radar ship at the moment, bit soon to tell. They could change the duration and cooldown of consumables as well. 

i highly doubt that they will make radar a lot stronger on console. They are not even happy with how radar is balanced on PC and they are working on the issue.

16 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

i highly doubt that they will make radar a lot stronger on console. They are not even happy with how radar is balanced on PC and they are working on the issue.

You never know what they will do in their quest to be " different " from PC. 

well … they wont be different from PC, if they make it more like the PC version. 😉 

Edited by KaLeuWillenbrock

29 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

well … they wont be different from PC, if they make it more like the PC version. 😉 

But don't get caught in the trap that because it's different it will automatically be better.

• Like 1

Vor 22 Minuten, Ruthless4u sagte:

But don't get caught in the trap that because it's different it will automatically be better.

only if you don't get caught in the trap because its the same it will automatically be good. 😉 

I am certainly not caught in that trap, because i know the PC version, its high tier gameplay and the imbalances that have not been fixed yet. 

although i have to admit, that i did not touch the game since July but i follow all the major CCs and news.

16 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

only if you don't get caught in the trap because its the same it will automatically be good. 😉 

I am certainly not caught in that trap, because i know the PC version, its high tier gameplay and the imbalances that have not been fixed yet. 

although i have to admit, that i did not touch the game since July but i follow all the major CCs and news.

I will admit it's been about a year since I could really play the PC version, getting ready for baby then dealing with his health problems. So I could be a little off base in some of my thoughts lol.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, Calypso said:

Hello! There will be no migration or cross-platform experience between PC and consoles. We want to state that WoWs: Legends is a separate project. 

As for the welcome packages - it is still too early to talk about that. We shall share more information closer to the release. Believe me, if we have spoilers for you - we will deliver them immediately 😉

Thank you for getting back to me (and to everyone else who posted). I didn't expect their to be so not too disappointed. The Welcome packages would be nice, as a Beta tester from the PC version I moved to Xbox for most of my gaming needs last Christmas when I purchased an Xbox X. So it is, personally, great to see WoWs coming to console. In this case you would not taking players from PC, more welcoming them back. 

One major criticism of PC at the moment for me is the inability to switch server, so I hope that is going to be an option on console (see WoT console) as right now there are only 3000 players odd on the EU server which makes playing lower tiers difficult. In the case of the WoT console I switch to NA from EU and can play fine there. 

I think there is no possibility for it. But i hope someday we'll see cross play between consoles. That's enough for me and for game it self.

• Like 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.