Sign in to follow this  
Ruthless4u

So which game requires more skill, WOTC or WOWl ?

Meant for friendly discussion.

In the current state of both games which do you feel requires more skill to be succesfull, world of tanks console or warships legends?

Interesting question...

I feel the shell ammunition in this game is more balanced. You often need premium rounds(and premium time/tanks to even earn silver when firing those rounds) to be competitive in WoT. In this game, you have AP and HE and both are effective depending on the situation. You can always contribute to your team in some way. 

Both games can really punish you if you're in a bad spot. You can't get tracked in a ship, but your steering and engine can get knocked out. You can get your engine, driver, and even commander knocked out in WoT. Both games rely on consumables to help alleviate that problem. It is more difficult to maneuver in a ship than a tank, because it takes longer to accelerate, reverse, and to turn. 

I think the biggest difference ultimately though, is environment. Despite islands, there's less cover in WoWs. In WoT you can feel a lot safer when you can find some cover. But that can be harder in WoWs as ships can fire over islands, an it will feel even less safe when carriers eventually get added. 

I would say ships right now.  Unless you are an experienced pc player, there is just soooo much to learn that isnt served up to you.  Ammo selection is pretty straight forward for tanks.   Not so much for ships.  Lots more variables to account for on the ships side.  Effective use of consumables.  Tanks you just use said consumable when needed and they really only help out the tank they are being used on.  Ships, again not so much.  There are consumables like smoke, radar and hydro that can dramatically swing an engagement depending on when  and how they are used. You also have the choice of using your smoke, hydro and radar to help other team mates, not just yourself.  Tanks, you only have to worry about a few other tanks being able to one shot you back to the garage and that tank might not even be in your game.  Ships, any bb can dev strike a bb or ca back to port, most dd can dev strike any ship back to port with torps. Barring detonations and ammo racks.    I think in tanks you can be a little more care free.  If you poke your nose around a house in tanks and get spotted, you can probably pull back without taking damage.  If you poke your bow around an island and get spotted, your probably going to take some damage before you get stopped and backing up.   

I think that would depend on how the person plays the game. If the person likes to hang in the back it would be wowsl cause you can not hide a ship in a bush lol. If the player likes to go all out then wot cause there is a lot of things going on at once very close and there is almost no time to react.

Edited by Guest

Only about 30 battles in the WoWS beta, but I'd say both games take a lot of knowledge. I had a few games that I considered ok in ships, but overall felt like I was potatoing around. It wasn't uncommon to turn a corner and run into a wave of torpedoes. I only made it as far as tier 3, I would guess that the low tiers are a lot like WoT where things are a little faster paced and unpredictable as people haven't figured out how to play yet.

WoT takes a lot of experience to know positioning on maps, how to use your armour effectively, weak spots to cover up or aim for on other tanks, how to scout etc. Etc., that lots of us have figured out after years of playing. Compared to ships, it seems effortless, but really isn't when you're starting out.

Experienced ship players may have to correct me on this.

Reasons why Tanks require more skill:

1. Tanks benefit from more fine maneuvering and player accuracy: you must have better hand-eye coordination.

2. As a tanker, you have a larger and more varied variety of maps you need to understand very well to be effective.

3. Tanks has several times more tanks and several times more guns which makes for a steep learning curve in knowing which tanks to hit where.

Reasons why Warships require more skill:

1. To be a good Captain, you have to have much better better situational awareness since they're not many places to hide and every ship is vulnerable to every ship it can face, unlike an MT-25 taking on an Object 252, and speaking of lightly armored vehicles, do you remember where and when that enemy destroyer was spotted or how long ago he fired his torpedoes?

2. Captains have a greater effect on their games. You're one ninth of your team, so potatoes have 6 less people they can hope carry them to victory.

3. Being a good Captain requires foresight. If you're reacting to the shells flying at you or the torpedoes to port after you see them, it's already too late.

Interesting question, to be sure.

I find Warships to be far more cerebral. I cannot stand WoT’s “peek-a-boom” spastic gameplay, and though I’ve only been playing it just over a year, the awful gameplay from players in tiers IX and X have soured me on it completely.

I’ve had great battles in Warships which I’ve lost, but they weren’t ROFLstomps. 

I just find Warships’ rather methodical gameplay far more rewarding. So, I suppose I feel Warships takes more raw skill overall, due to needing to really think ahead and have good spatial awareness, because being out-of-position seems far more punishing. 

The thing that I like about ships over tanks is the fluidity of the game play.  Depending on your ship class, you really have to plan out what your moves are ahead of time and keep track of multiple friendlies and enemy ships simultaneously.  Tanks is a lot more of 1v1 side scraping, terrain abusing, etc...

• Like 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.