Sign in to follow this  
Ruthless4u

Can we have captured ships that can use commanders from 2 navies?

Captured Ships poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see captured ships in game, able to use commanders from more than one nation?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other

In WOT and WOTC they have tanks that were captured and could use crews from 2 nations.

I would like to see the same with legends, perhaps as premium ships.

A good example could be the French cruiser Lamotte Picquet which was captured by the Japanese 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cruiser_Lamotte-Picquet

I do realize that it will likely be some time before French ships are added, but I feel it's a potentially good direction to go with some premium ships.

What's the point though? They're already reducing the benefits of premium ships with global commander xp and allowing the same commander to serve in multiple ships. 

39 minutes ago, RuefulCenturion said:

What's the point though? They're already reducing the benefits of premium ships with global commander xp and allowing the same commander to serve in multiple ships. 

With the commanders skills sets limited, it would essentially give you more commander options for at least some  premium ships. In my example maybe French commanders don't have the skill set you want, you could use Japanese commanders that may have the ones you want.

As for captured vessels used again by another nation, they do not feature prominently in the era of naval combat involved in this game. I'd prefer they work on adding nations, adding lines, adding carriers.

I actually hope they don't use universal commander XP in the final release just because I don't think it will be beneficial to the long-term viability of the game.

in general - a clear no

however, there are exceptions like the Makarov, which originally was the nürnberg and who was given to the soviet union after the war.

Edited by KaLeuWillenbrock

Obviously, I'm not saying it never happened, but I think you will find very few ships that were captured and reused during the war, even fewer that were a type of ship that is in the game and not gunboats, mine layers, or coastal defense ships.

I might also offer that the Nürnberg wasn't captured until the end of the war and even then, it was refit before the Russians started using it again. More importantly, neither the Russians or the Germans are presently in the game, which is more to my point above.

those fletchers were sold to the bundesmarine and entered service in 1958. What tier should they have on console? 9?

the Germans had enough destroyers in ww2. Giving them a fletcher would simply be a copy paste thing. 

i don't really see commanders who served two different nations. I don't count german and russian commanders, who served in the imperial and their successive states navies. The only possible legend that comes to my mind is admiral brommy, who served in the Brazilian, Greece and german navies. But that was 200 years ago.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.