Sign in to follow this  
RuefulCenturion

Marks of Excellence

Someone asked about the possibility of adding something like Marks of Excellence(MoE) for WoWs Legends, so I thought I'd resurrect it as a thread to discuss it. For those who don't know, Marks of Excellence is a feature in WoT that shows your proficiency(based on average damage) in a particular tank relative to the rest of the player base. Usually over a certain amount of  time, but they do get reset so they're not impossibly difficult to earn. 1 MoE indicates that you have done better than 65% of the player base in that tank, 2 MoE for 85%, and 3 for 95% respectively. There are various forms they come in depending on nation. On PC you can lose them after attaining them, on WoT Console you don't. 

I think it would be cool if Legends players can have some cosmetic to show their prowess in certain ships, but I don't think they should be so noticeable that they get prioritized. Also, they can encourage more campy gameplay from less skilled players trying to get them. 🤔

Good idea as it gives players something to strive for other than just grinding.

Just where to put them.

Posted (edited)

there is a system on PC … badges.

you earn them by reaching a certain average damage over a course of a certain amount of matches.

Edited by KaLeuWillenbrock

17 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

there is a system on PC … badges.

you earn them by reaching a certain average damage over a course of a certain amount of matches.

Are those visible on the ships? I never really paid attention.

no. They are visible for the player you just sank. 😁

let's be honest. Tankers got marks of excellence and ships got battle stars and combat ribbons. They were small paint jobs on the ship and not really visible from range.

i am not sure how or if the imperial japanese navy marked their ships. Iirc, the german ships did not get ribbons or stuff like this. The seamen and commanders got medals at best.

let's be honest. Those ribbons are a way to show off - and that's totally ok … but if you are showing off, the enemy should see it and it should be in a way that has roots in reality.

i think that the badges are totally ok and they are optional.

1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

Good idea as it gives players something to strive for other than just grinding.

Just where to put them.

On a flag ,as long as you can remove it if you wanted to 

Vor 53 Minuten, janesta5 sagte:

On a flag ,as long as you can remove it if you wanted to 

That is a nice idea. 

but as a second flag - i still would want to show off my alpha flag. 😎 

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.