Hey there, Legends!

You might have spent some time with us already or be newcomers on these forums, but either way what I'm going to write below is something you might find useful in our future interactions.

As you likely noticed by now, we're pretty open when it comes to our communications with you. We absolutely intend to keep it this way going forward and foster a community that is built on mutual respect, friendliness and the ability to listen to each other. 

Now, if that wall of text below is scaring you, here's the TLDR version: Keep it civilized, use reason, speak your mind, be fair in your critique and share your ideas, but understand that development takes time and resources.

If you stop here and take those to heart - thank you 😉 

Now, if you're still reading - good, it means that I have some space to elaborate, so we can understand each other better. Here goes.

When it comes to forum topics we're going to try and engage in conversations that are stimulating and useful. Of course we're going to react to the most lively topics and see whether we can steer the dialogue in a constructive direction or just keep it there. Unfortunately, there will be times when interaction between us or between you and other players might devolve into a contest of sorts or an episode of unfunny sitcom. Such topics will be either locked or deleted altogether, as we're going to try and promote reason, self-control and adult behavior. That said, humans are emotional beings, and most of us on this forum and Discord channel are indeed humans, so some degree of giving into your emotions is of course understandable. Yet, if you feel that you were wronged by someone, insulting that person is never an answer. Please rely on moderation and report offensive behaviour, but also try to have some perspective. Many times we invest so heavily into an opinion that we don't see its potential shortcomings or outright fallacy. 

Also remember that what you've said is saved on the Internet pretty much forever. And you have ample opportunity to word your opinion/idea or retort in a way that would best bring your thought to life and let others work with it effectively and efficiently. 

Then there's the issue of flood. As the play sessions haven't started yet we're mostly conversing in the off-topic section and that's fine for now. We're still getting to know each other as we prepare to plunge into the depths of Legends. This means that tolerance for flood is going to be higher until the game is released, since we do need to converse and Discord might not be the preferred channel for you, as the rhythm of forums is something you may find more comfortable. 

Bored to tears yet? Wait, there's more! 

What about feedback? We're going to listen closely to what you have to say in your feedback reports, however, please understand that implementing a new feature is not as easy as typing in 'new feature'/implement. It's always a process with a lot of testing and quality control involved. A single ship can spend several months in modeling and balancing. And when it comes to features that require a separate development pipeline it's even longer. That said, if there is a feature that players (you) single out as a negative one, we look into it and see how we can improve it or simply get rid of it, but again, that requires time. Initial focus will be on making sure that the game is as polished and smooth as can be, and simply fun to play and spend your time in. If there's a suggestion, even one supported on our communication channels, we will still look at the wider population of players, poll them and see whether the proposed feature would really be an improvement for the most of them. So "develop - make sure it's working correctly - consider new features" would be our MO going forward.

We're open to opinions and critique as long as those are within reason. "Your game sucks" is an opinion, of course, but it has no way of starting or stimulating a healthy conversation that would lead to betterment of the game or the community. It's a throwaway statement that serves either to bait or taunt the developers and/or community members into a meaningless and sometimes hurtful exchange.

Now that we've got deep, perhaps deeper than anyone expected let's be clear: we want to stay on the same page with you and to do that we need to respect each other, each other's opinions and time.

Thanks for getting through this admitted wall of text and if you feel like this is simply too much info to digest in a single sitting, let us repeat the communication principles that we're proposing and going to follow ourselves to the best of our abilities:

• Keep it civilized
  • Use reason
  • Speak your mind
  • Be fair in your critique
  • Don't be afraid to share your ideas
  • Understand that development takes time and resources 

If you've read this all the way through, a sincere thank you! Here's hoping that we're stay connected and understand each other!

Turn the tide!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 1

I hope you don't mind if I paraphrase this onto the WoWS subreddit. Seems like something a lot of them (including myself tbh) need to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This forum post is why I stay with professional developers who care about their customer base and are proud of the game they produce!

• Like 5

Thanks, Philigula!  The worst experiences I’ve had with Wargaming have come from toxic community members.  Negative experiences from the “Community” can discolor one’s live game experience and that’s unfair.

Games are designed to make people happy.

Communities are designed to give help, feedback, and comraderie.

Game+Community= the total experience

I’m truly happy and grateful for this thread, your team, and the Community members who’ve signed on so far..... We’ve got some wonderful folks here who genuinely care about the games they play and the people they play with.  I’m sure we’ll be able to make this Community the most friendly and welcoming Community in the Wargaming Family of Games!!

• Like 3

I hope to be an active an valued member of the community, although I can be a bit blunt at times.

Very well put Big Phil and to be honest, I think that this statement is probably the most underrated and misunderstood part in the whole post among the majority of gamers: " Understand that development takes time and resources ". Development takes a very long time, from creation to product. What we see for instance in the latest patch in WoWs 0.7.6, has been talked about for well over a year and probably in active coding for close to that length as well. Testing for, and I'm guessing, closed in house started probably a year ago, ST's about 4 - 6 months ago in a closed server and finally, we started seeing them actively testing them on public a month before release. Keeping in mind all the balance changes to those ships along the way not only to ensure they are indeed "balanced", but to keep pace with the rest of the game as it progresses.

This is why multiple dev teams are there, but just because there are multiple teams doesn't mean that it's an instant fix. Cost is a huge factor, especially in the "Free to Play" realm.

I could go on, but I just wanted to touch on the time and resources portion as I know a lot of people really don't grasp the amount of time it takes to actually push a patch.

Anyway, thanks again "BP"! hhmm, BP = Big Phil, but also could be seen as simply missing the double "oo"'s for BooP.. hhmm

• Like 1

Thank you for your guys hard work and dedication to making a great game. Since day one I played WoW I hoped it would make it to console like its WoT partner. Here is the days that is becoming a reality! I look forward to being a part of this game at whatever point I get to either in alpha or the final game. But cheers to the WoW team! You guys rock!  

Tears fall down my face

:Zerocry:

I don't know why the text, but it's true, the community has started well and even with the little time I've had in the forum, I see that it's still good, if people are toxic and stuff like that.

• Like 2

Well said, I find the WoTc forum to be so toxic nowadays that as much as I love that game I would not hold  it against the devs if they shut up shop and called it a day, but equally there are alot of positive threads on those forums. I have found the weekly assault streams that have included Jeff Gregg etc have been invaluable to me personally in helping understand development processes etc, maybe something similar from an early stage after launch of this game would be scposotive thing for the community and allows to put faces to names etc.

Totally agree with everyone's comment's , sentiments. I'm just hoping that the community doesn't end up like  Wot .  I'm really looking forward to this game l know it's going to be good, l can feel it in my bones. 

Can l just add that you guys that have had experience with wows on p.c. go easy on us console peasant's .☺

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Runeviking560 said:

Totally agree with everyone's comment's , sentiments. I'm just hoping that the community doesn't end up like  Wot .  I'm really looking forward to this game l know it's going to be good, l can feel it in my bones. 

Can l just add that you guys that have had experience with wows on p.c. go easy on us console peasant's .☺

judging from what im seeing in forums, the alpha community will be quite civilized, we will need to wait until the closed beta and open beta to see if it goes toxic.

oh and i wont go easy, when i get in, im rushing for the Clemson (AKA Clubson) and going to make it as hard as possible for red team to gain xp at low tier)

Edited by Soldier09V5

On 7/6/2018 at 11:26 AM, JacKTh4RiPPa said:

I look forward to another wg excursion into console.

i wouldn't call Chicago's work an excursion in the first place.

it was more of a, lets put it as nice as possible.. 

fecal matter assault which had hit a spinning ceiling appliance.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:26 PM, JacKTh4RiPPa said:

I look forward to another wg excursion into console.

Can we look forward to seeing some Legends content on your channel? I've watched and enjoyed your WoTC content for quite some time. Implementing techniques you taught helped bring me from a 700 WN8 player at 4000 games to a 1600 WN8 player at 10,000 games.

On 7/8/2018 at 12:19 AM, Soldier09V5 said:

i wouldn't call Chicago's work an excursion in the first place.

it was more of a, lets put it as nice as possible.. 

fecal matter assault which had hit a spinning ceiling appliance.

lol, those are your words not mine. I try to stay neutral and constructive where possible. I also think chicago baltimore started off with some good idea's and directions. Where they are heading now i don't know so much. But i look forward to what the boys in St Pete can bring, i've heard a lot of good things and having met a lot of the WoWs community team i know they're a great bunch, expecting the same here.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:32 AM, RagingxMarmoset said:

Can we look forward to seeing some Legends content on your channel? I've watched and enjoyed your WoTC content for quite some time. Implementing techniques you taught helped bring me from a 700 WN8 player at 4000 games to a 1600 WN8 player at 10,000 games.

Oh 100%. I've been playing more WoWs on pc to be more ready for this game. I look forward to nerding up on more details and helping get them out to all 🙂 Hopefully in a slightly less nerdy way than i think about them that's a bit easier to understand 😄

I really love the fact that the devs are trying to be open with alot of the stuff.  That's one thing I'm not a fan of with WoT, they are pretty tight lipped about everything

Hope I can get in on the first go around, only experience with WoWs blitz, but had a great time playing that.  I love the request for adult conversation vs. the bashing that other games have become.  Intelligent useful speak will go a lot farther.

After reading a bunch of comments, this looks like a great community.  I'll stick around until I get in.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a great topic.

Hopefully it will keep the bs down.

Edited by DUB DOLL
Oops

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.