Ruthless4u

Your opinion on maxing out tiers @7

As per the FAQ the max tier in game will be tier 7. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Good, bad, don't know? Please keep all discussions civil and constructive.

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Philigula said:

It's not a copy-paste from the PC seven tiers. Ships get reshuffled 🙂

So I don't know?  Sounds like they may squish down the tiers?  Good for less grinding?  Or will the individual grinds be longer?

Linky:  

Edited by Gallant Prime

39 minutes ago, Gallant Prime said:

So I don't know?  Sounds like they may squish down the tiers?  Good for less grinding?  Or will the individual grinds be longer?

Linky:  

I don't see the grinds being shorter, players would progress through the tiers too fast. Grinds will likely be much longer.

It sounds like some ships may not be included, which giving players less options seems like a bad idea. This could be alleviated with multiple lines per nation to address the missing ships. 3 BB lines instead of 2 for example. Also they could be put in as premiums, which again may agitate any players switching from PC having to pay for favorite ships that were tech tree.

Could really mess with CV placement in the tiers, given on PC you can't start them till Tier 4 iirc. That's even if they add them( yes I know they plan to). Dreadnoughts in the lower tiers could have a rough time against CV's.

Will add more thoughts later as I have time, screaming 2 month old to feed lol.

Multiple BB lines would be interesting.  For some reason from the FAQ I got the impression they were just eliminating some of the lower tier stuff--starting it at tier 3 or something.  That may have been someone else's wish though.  Speaking strictly from WoT experience, I think that would be smart in some ways--depending on what is eliminated.  If there is something iconic down there, people are going to want to play it, but it may make for more lower tier premiums.  But you may be right--they may be thinking high tier premiums--some will see soon enough I guess.  

Posted (edited)

I think that having the set idea of "Tier 10 is the standard" is a misconception. Not saying that you said this OP, but I've heard it referrenced a few times now. 

Taking into consideration that this is a stand alone game, but is influenced heavily or a decent portion by World of Warships, the amount of Tiers becomes moot and here is why. Look at the current WoWs Tech tree for IJN DD's and USN Cruisers. 

The IJN DD line, from Tier 6 to 10, there are 10 separate "non-premium" ships due to the DD split awhile ago. The USN Cruiser line mimics this from Tiers 6-10 having another 10 ships that are "non-premium", though both lines have premiums available.

Despite having two ships per Tier on those lines from 6 - 10, each split line plays differently and brings a unique flavor. 

So with regards to having a cap at Tier 7, I don't see any problem with it as they can split each line they introduce if they so choose. Let's say they introduce 6 lines and split each at Tier 4, with the exception of BB's and CV's. That would be a total of 48 ships among all of the lines (Tiers 4-7= 8 ships per line, 8*6 = 48) instead of an initial 24 without the split.

So really, the possibilities are endless and in my humble opinion, the amount of Tiers aren't that big of an issue. If anything, having Tier 7 be the top may just help the MM.

Edited by Sled_dog07
  • Like 1

What's tier 10 like on PC? (highest tier atm is a 7 premo ship) Is it as bad as tanks tier 10.

So will, say the Bismarck be a tier 7? 

Posted (edited)

I am perfectly fine with ships being removed from the game, Especially if the ships are like Izumo on PC, that ship has no business being a T9 IJN BB, its play-style does not match up with what you learned from playing the tech tree, and it doesn't match up at all with Yamato.

Edited by Soldier09V5

4 hours ago, StockrA said:

What's tier 10 like on PC? (highest tier atm is a 7 premo ship) Is it as bad as tanks tier 10.

So will, say the Bismarck be a tier 7? 

Warships T10 is not terrible, T8 ships do stand a chance against them, that being said, with T7 being top tier for console, Bismarck will most likely not be T7, probably a solid T6, with GK being the T7. but we will have to wait and see, the alpha will only have IJN and USN.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soldier09V5 said:

Warships T10 is not terrible, T8 ships do stand a chance against them, that being said, with T7 being top tier for console, Bismarck will most likely not be T7, probably a solid T6, with GK being the T7. but we will have to wait and see, the alpha will only have IJN and USN.

That's if they add the Bismark

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

what makes you think they won't? it's an inconic ship of WW2.

29 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Perhaps just a general current Tier 8 on PC being a Tier 6, ie Bismarck, Amagi, North Carolina or even the Benson, new Cleveland, Mogami, etc . Maybe even making the current Tier 9's a Tier 6.5, thus closing the power creep greatly in the MM, who knows.

I think there are plenty of options and room for all the current ships in the PC version if Legends chooses to add them and more. All they have to do is split the lines.

Anyway we look at this, I think we are looking at something new and personally I am pretty stoked to see what they have in store.

13 minutes ago, Soldier09V5 said:

what makes you think they won't? it's an inconic ship of WW2.

It would make sense to have it, but just because something makes sense to add doesn't mean it will be.

Time will tell, just depends on if and how they split the lines.

If they get rid of all the paper ships then 7 tiers should be enough. By using 10 tiers they somehow included few paper and hypothesis ships.

• Like 1

I had a brief PM with Ruthless on the subject and I suppose I’ll add my own “musings” on the subject here...

I think, for starters we need to consider that WoWSL is not WoWs.  It’s going to be philosophically similar, but different in practice(and not one of you doesn’t know what that means thanks to WoTC).

The key thing to consider is that this game is called “LEGENDS”.  This means most, if not all of the seven tiers of ships will contain iconic or important ships as their main focus.  I predict that Bismarck will become the top tier German BB because that is her iconic, legendary place in history.  Perhaps we’ll see(and correct me if I’m wrong) a different Iowa Class BB like the New Jersey as top tier?

We still have to wait, but I’m excited to see what they do..... even with 7 tiers and “ships reshuffled” there’s room for lots of ships(and upgrades! How many current ships are really just upgrades of the previous hull?).  And there’s always premiums/reward ships!

I think we just have to wait for them to release the 7 tiers Legend tech tree, then comment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrogueOne said:

I had a brief PM with Ruthless on the subject and I suppose I’ll add my own “musings” on the subject here...

I think, for starters we need to consider that WoWSL is not WoWs.  It’s going to be philosophically similar, but different in practice(and not one of you doesn’t know what that means thanks to WoTC).

The key thing to consider is that this game is called “LEGENDS”.  This means most, if not all of the seven tiers of ships will contain iconic or important ships as their main focus.  I predict that Bismarck will become the top tier German BB because that is her iconic, legendary place in history.  Perhaps we’ll see(and correct me if I’m wrong) a different Iowa Class BB like the New Jersey as top tier?

We still have to wait, but I’m excited to see what they do..... even with 7 tiers and “ships reshuffled” there’s room for lots of ships(and upgrades! How many current ships are really just upgrades of the previous hull?).  And there’s always premiums/reward ships!

What I'm worried about is the most legendary ships all being premiums. Bismark, Big Ben, Missouri, Yamato etc all being locked behind a paywall would not be fun.

5 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

What I'm worried about is the most legendary ships all being premiums. Bismark, Big Ben, Missouri, Yamato etc all being locked behind a paywall would not be fun.

Let's hope they don't go down the same road as tanks :Smile_teethhappy:

We need in game pictures fast lol, itching to see some

Never know, once the game's out for everyone, they might consider putting in tiers 8 to 10, big hope though, after reading through the Q&A

Assuming they are cutting the paper ships, it's gonna take some work balancing Yamato to fit in Tier VII with Iowa, Bismarck, and Vanguard (KGV won't do). There is also the possibility they will do away with what's in Tier I-III and Tier IV will be the new Tier I. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius67 said:

Assuming they are cutting the paper ships, it's gonna take some work balancing Yamato to fit in Tier VII with Iowa, Bismarck, and Vanguard (KGV won't do). There is also the possibility they will do away with what's in Tier I-III and Tier IV will be the new Tier I. 

Doing away with paper ships would hurt some of the nations lines pretty bad I would think( Russia for ex) so I would think at some point they would have to add them.

2 hours ago, Tiberius67 said:

But, my St. Louis.

It all depends on which ships get cut, but right now I'm not optimistic about only having 7 tiers.

I can’t  be the only one who is disappointed with the fact that there won’t be the full roster of ships that the pc version had. I just think it’s been cut back, which just seems lazy.

1 hour ago, Lodthedeadguy said:

I can’t  be the only one who is disappointed with the fact that there won’t be the full roster of ships that the pc version had. I just think it’s been cut back, which just seems lazy.

Most might be waiting to see what the tt looks like, we don't know what we're getting at the mo

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, Ruthless4u said:

The likely buyers of these premiums (if they are in Legends) will likely be console players who have not played that much of WoWS PC.

My Bismarck came from an earn op 1.5 yrs ago. Yamato I finally get it over the weekend after finishing up the p.o.s. Izumo. Missouri I got from 750k free xp. Also got Musashi from another 750k free xp 1 week back. I have other premiums that I bought with $$ in WoWS PC but the likelihood of paying for them in console in unlikely for me.

15 hours ago, Lodthedeadguy said:

We don't have enough information to know if this is good or bad. Even though the IJN and USN lines are lean on paper ships, we'll have some insight on how they are planning on doing this once we see the Alpha TTs (if chosen, of course). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius67 said:

We don't have enough information to know if this is good or bad. Even though the IJN and USN lines are lean on paper ships, we'll have some insight on how they are planning on doing this once we see the Alpha TTs (if chosen, of course). 

Pretty much this and I think that people are still a bit confused about the game as a whole with regard to the fact that it isn't a clone of the PC game or even the mobile.

It's a stand alone version that is influenced by the PC version. And in that manner, it opens up a ton of aspects and possibilities that none of us know yet. 

Not saying this to you Tiberius, I'm directing this to the person you quoted and others that are speculating and running with possibilities atm.

• Like 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.