General poll part 2  

40 members have voted

1. 1. If possible would you like to see submarines added to the game

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you like to see anime or other non historical themed ships or camo added to the game

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other
  3. 3. Would you like to see mercenary ships similar to what world of tanks console just added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
    • Don't know
    • Don't care

I like underwater botes..... but I think they’d require a whole different UI/HuD config and might not be possible.  I’d damn sure like to see them though!

I’m ok with Arpeggio and HSF(even if we can’t disable non-historical themes) because it’s only visual.  Boat shaped boat still has guns.... I just hope I can disable or change those godawful anime voices!!  They put so much care and attention into the historical aspects that I’m perfectly fine with them getting playful or whimsical, I flat out think it’s fun!

I actually genuinely like the Mercs on WoTC.  There’s not many more truly unique tanks that can be fit into the TTs there, honestly.  Even the Joco/Beta proposals are mostly just prototypes and rearrangements of existing equipment, and sooo many others(like the Italians, new French Heavies, and Polish Tanks) are bordering on pure fantasy. Oh... Chinese TDs as well...

But, that being said, I seriously doubt we’d ever see a Mercenary Navy.  There’s such a long and rich legacy of naval shipbuilding that WoWS and WoWSL will likely never run out of material to draw on. C’mon, WoWs has been out for years now and they’re still finding historically significant ships and blueprint ships to add to the game at a relentless pace!  

However....... I do think it would be cool to have a few one-offs based on historical rogue captains or pirates(20th century, of course) if such stories exist.

• Like 1

While I personally am not a fan of anime, people seriously do not know there history with regards to the use and impact of anime during WW2.

It wasn't solely the Japanese that used cartoon type shows for propaganda, in fact the U.S. did the exact same thing with the help of Walt Disney. Transforming Donald Duck (orginally came about in 1934) into "Commando Duck" in 1944 for the sole purpose of being aimed at spreading anti-Japanese material. 

Japanese anime started in 1917 and during the second world war, they had a lot more films for anti-American as well as reinforcing Japanese nationalism than the U.S. did (with regards to films).

I know a lot of people don't like or even don't understand how anime connects to WW2, but "anime" (in other words, cartoons, animation, etc.)  were very critical in trying to rally public approval for each respective government.

Sorry for the long winded response. On my phone atm so I can't see how much I've typed until a novel has been published. lol

If subs can be introduced in some playable and enjoyable way, then why not add them? I personally don't like the anime stuff, didn't like it in WOT or WOWS. I feel like it takes a little away from the immersion, even if the anime ships look cool. Not sure about the Mercenary thing, seems like something to maybe consider well after launch and instead now we should be focusing on ships/balance/bugs/game modes, etc.

Subs would be fun.  Used to love playing navy field years ago, that had subs

Posted (edited)

1.Don't know

2.No

3.Heck NO

I'm genuinely worried that some people are going to try to get some of those idiotic ideas in WG's head. 11 year olds ruined WOT console, I don't want them to do the same to Warships.

Edited by LIBARYKEEPER483
  • Like 1

Me personally I really liked the Arpeggio of blue steel ship skins, of course if they get added they should only be skins and the option for players to turn them off like the WoT paint should be there too

Posted (edited)

I think that Subs would cause a problem in the meta. They would possibly be underpowered and eventually buffed to higher heck, inadvertently causing people to use subs more than other ships or vise versa. But hey, I might be completely wrong with my prediction and they'll be the most balanced thing in the entire game if they're added.

I wouldn't mind seeing non-historic ships, a little changing it up a bit wouldn't hurt anyone. However, if anime ships are added, I'd love to see a volume slider for the captain. Jokes aside, I wouldn't buy them unless they looked nice, but I wouldn't care if they're added. And if camos are also added, i'd like to see it implemented in the same way that paint is in World of Tanks.

I think the concept of mercenary vehicles is interesting, but as mentioned before, there are still many ships out there that can be added into the tech trees. So there isn't any real need for them in my opinion.

Edited by WarAngel505

From a battleship perspective I think there is enough torps flying around without adding more from the depths lol. But subs would add an interesting aspect to gameplay although I don't know if that could be implemented. Time will tell I suppose.

Subs, nah. I don't feel like they really fit the game altogether . Furthermore I can't see a sub tech tree with Tier 2-10, there just isn't enough differentiation between classes.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.