WastelandMadGod

Let's Over-analyze a Picture Together

The UI looks a little rough (well expected at this stage) but I like what it says about how the controls are shaping up.  What do you guys think?  

Also this thread will be good just for posterity's sake. 

Legends Screenshot.jpg

Posted (edited)

It's interesting. The map looks quite a bit smaller than PC, a weakness IMO but it doesn't look too small. I'm curious to see exactly how ammo switching works (I know its the X button) and consumable usage, since a lot of higher tier ships have many consumables to be used at any given time. Also would like to say they better have a lock button for main guns so we can look around without traversing turrets.

Edited by Kevnx

I wouldn’t say it looks “rough”, just different for now.  I’m sure if things prove not so great we’ll have the test sessions to help sort it out.  

One thing to bear in mind when it comes to building a Console game(well, two things actually) is that the available hardware has a set performance limit.... the other thing is that most WoWSL players will be playing on a flat screen television in their living rooms.  I can tell you that the UI for WoWs definitely feels different in a big screen because I’ve done it(it is pretty sweet btw) and this early look feels like it might work well on a TV.  I actually pulled the image up on my PS4 browser and I thought it was pretty good.

Posted (edited)

It's gonna  take some time to get used to having  the  map in the wrong  corner (unless it's a changeable setting) and I'm also curious to see how much they have stripped down from PC in order to  make it work with a lot less buttons  on the controller.

Edited by Rubbelito

Interesting  that the health bar looks segmented, vs a solid one that just goes down when you lose ship health. Wonder if it changes colors once it goes down far enough.

15 hours ago, WastelandMadGod said:

The UI looks a little rough (well expected at this stage) but I like what it says about how the controls are shaping up.  What do you guys think?  

Also this thread will be good just for posterity's sake. 

I like what I see so far. I've tried War Thunder and Armored Warfare. The UI on those games is intolerable for me. Personally, I like this design better than the World of Tanks UI. From the shapes to the colors--more minimalist and clean looking.

• Like 1

I don't really like the map being to the left. No idea why tho but it just doesn't stick well with me.

I guess the trend is because it's mostly on the right?

Looks nice,  is this the only pic?

Looks nice expect the lighting looks off though, the ship itself is far too bright in contrast with the water.

I hope you can customize the UI a bit, like placement or size of the mini map. 

2 hours ago, LIBARYKEEPER483 said:

Looks nice expect the lighting looks off though, the ship itself is far too bright in contrast with the water.

Considering it's an early build - that's probably not the focus yet.

5 hours ago, LIBARYKEEPER483 said:

I imagine that it will look better when it's past testing stages

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.