Just is just some of my initial first thoughts on Legends. I have playing playing console tanks for 4 years, World of Warships on the PC for 3, and World of Warships Blitz for about 2 months. Some of these items might be more opinion based preferences than game issues.
1. The HUD layout feels a bit awkward. I think I would prefer the mini-map in the lower right hand corner as opposed to the upper left. It might just be me needing to take some getting used to, but after 3 hours of play this morning it still feels a bit off to me. Console Tanks and PC Ships are lower right and it feels more natural to me there.
2. Controller settings? How about using the letter buttons for consumables? Then using the D pad for adjusting weapon systems and throttle. 'UP' would be forward (several taps to increase throttle) and 'DOWN' would be reverse. 'RIGHT' could be ammo type (if using Guns) or Torp spreads, 'LEFT" would be weapon changing (torps or guns). Or at least making this layout an option.
3. I assume at some point we will be able to look at after action reports, see everyone's stats, kills, and so on.
4. I did notice a few times that when you turn your ship towards incoming torpedoes, your ship will block your view of the torps. DDs this isn't too much of a problem but on larger ships losing where that torp gets blocked by your ship. Maybe change the angles of the camera view a bit?
5. Changing camera views. I'm ok with using the button and that's not an issue. But maybe a 3rd view. You can have Close, Middle and Far. The ship always seems to close to the camera. Having a farther back view might also help with #5 above.
6. Radial Commands. I am going to guess that at some point we will have additional options? Like while in Radial view being able to press A or B to switch 'pages' to show additional communication options.
7. An option to see your ships stats while in game. I know on the PC simply holding down 'H' will your ships stats. Obviously we cannot do this on console. But maybe using the game menu button. Where you can quit, continue, settings on the left, on the right show your ships stats. Gun Range, Damage, Detection Range, Max Speed, Torp Ranges and Damage, Visibility ranges..
I'll probably add more to this thread as I play the game and get a better feel for it. I'm not even sure this is the right place for it, so Mod/Admin feel free to move it if needed.
I do like the game. It does seem a bit simplistic, closer in relation to Blitz like it's optimized for a mobile device instead of a console. I'll keep plugging away. Is there any NDA about posting videos on youtube on the game play? Can I do that? I probably missed a thread that said NOOOOOOO. lol