January Update: Fighting Spirit
- Xbox: January 16, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- PlayStation: January 16, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- Xbox One (S,X) ~1600 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~1700 MB
- PS4 ~1500 MB
- PS5 ~375 MB
- iOS ~700 MB
- Android ~650 MB
January Update: The Fighting Spirit
A new year is here, and it’s brought a new update with it, too! Let's take a look at what it delivers. Before we proceed though, an important public service announcement: This update is only 2 weeks long, with the next one arriving as early as January 30.
It's still the season of giving, in a way, so here's a code for some goodies—LBP9KWX7PY—which will bring you 1x Secret Santa '23 crate and 5x Holiday camos to extend the festive season a bit!
“The Party Never Ends” Campaign
This is a short-fuse campaign, available only for 2 weeks, with a corresponding reduction in the number of milestones and total rewards. One important thing to notice: The very first milestone will reward you with 1,250 doubloons if you have an Admiralty Backing, essentially significantly reducing the cost of acquiring one. The price to unlock all the campaign's milestones is scaled down as well, totaling 12,250 doubloons.
Rewards you can get without the Admiralty Backing:
- 25x Common Boosters
- 525,000 Research Points
- 125,000 Commander XP
- 100,000 credits
- 3,500 Global XP
- 8x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 2x Winter '23 Big Crate
Value of the rewards without an Admiralty Backing: 9,032 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 25x Rare Boosters
- 1,225,000 Research Points
- 125,000 Commander XP
- 650,000 credits
- 6,500 Global XP
- 14x Promotion Orders
- 3x Insignias
- 3x Commendations
- 1,250 doubloons
- 2x Winter '23 Big Crates
- 1x Commander Crate
- 1x Admiralty Backing special weekly mission, rewarding Renown
- 1x Super Santa '23 Crate
Value of the rewards with an Admiralty Backing: 20,968 doubloons
Brawl: Two Seasons
New, fun Brawls await! Season 4 is all about battleships—with increased damage... and increased dispersion! Cruisers will define the outcome of Season 5, with their damage, main battery and consumable reload time, and some other stats all boosted!
Specific details will be covered in an upcoming blog post before Season 4 starts on January 19.
New Ship of the Update
American Tier VII Premium cruiser Rochester
With super-heavy AP shells, high speed, and excellent firing angles allowing you to rain steel and fire down upon your foes, this new American cruiser has a very neat combo of features. She’s also equipped with Sonar and Smoke Generator! You can find her in the Store starting January 16.
- French destroyer rework: As many as eight ships have been significantly revamped, including Le Fantasque and Kléber, with British Caprice and German ZF-6 receiving slight changes alongside them. The changes heavily revolve around these ships receiving an additional Main Battery Reload Booster consumable.
- SAP shells for Italian Tech Tree cruisers: From Tier II upward, every ship has received modernization that allows them to fire SAP shells with their main battery guns.
- HE Shell logic reworked: The penetration value of the shell now needs to be the same as the armor thickness, not more.
- Finally, we're upholding the tradition of buffing Vanguard again with the addition of improved HE penetration to her shells.
You'll be able to read about the exact changes we’ve made to French and Italian ships in an article that will drop in the coming days.
- Rare cases of ships showing 0.2 kts speed at full stop.
- Incorrect names for Saipan's SB2C planes.
- Options sometimes missing when looking at other players' profiles.
- Players with Polish ships of the Pan-EU line hearing other Pan-EU voiceovers as Polish, no matter the specific ship.
- Roma's consumables sometimes appearing in an incorrect order in Port.
- Selling price of modifications sometimes incorrectly displayed in red.
- (Mobile) Battle log call-up button rendered over new player tips in battle.
- (Mobile) Various small issues with text in the Store incorrectly interacting with the screen borders.
Start the year with Legends, and turn the tide!