February Update: The Dragon Strikes Back
- Xbox: January 30, 1:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 11:00 AM UTC
- PlayStation: January 30, 1:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 11:00 AM UTC
- Xbox One (S,X) ~2870 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~2750 MB
- PS4 ~2857 MB
- PS5 ~941 MB
- iOS ~919 MB
- Android ~900 MB
February Update: The Dragon Strikes Back
There's a lot to unpack with the first major, 5-week update of the year, but for those who prefer the shorter version, here's your TLDR:
- Lunar New Year content
- Azur Lane Wave IV
- “The Gryphon of the Baltic” campaign
- Pan-Asian cruisers in Early Access
- Italian Legendary cruiser Napoli as a Bureau Project
- Ranked & Brawl seasons—five in total
- Enhanced Service Record
- Epic modernizations
- And more, as usual!
To get your update goodies (this time it is 4x dragon camouflages—2x Air Dragon & 2x Fire Dragon—and 1x common container), redeem the code GKJK8M6EQM at https://wowslegends.com/code-redeemer/.
Lunar New Year
The Rabbit has arrived! Welcome the symbol of the Lunar New Year with an array of themed content: a new Port; Pan-Asian Premium destroyer Northern Dragon; the Celestial Guardian Commander guise with a unique roaring voiceover; and a revamped crate, also containing goods from the previous years' celebrations. Themed skins for Pan-Asian ships also will be waiting for you.
Keep an eye on our socials for a themed flag & patches!
Pan-Asian Cruisers: Early Access
The new Tech Tree branch arrives within the Early Access framework with this update. The following list of four ships, wielding deepwater torpedoes, Smoke Generator, and Torpedo Reload Booster (the latter for the higher tiers), will be obtainable through Pan-Asian Cruiser regular and Big Crates:
- Tier IV Chungking
- Tier V Rahmat
- Tier VI Chumphon
- Tier VII Harbin
With the guarantee system in place for Pan-Asian Cruiser Big Crates, you can find the exact droprates here: https://wowslegends.com/containers/. Each ship comes with a personal mission. A dedicated Commander—Chen Shaokuan—will also be making his debut alongside the new branch. More on him later!
Tier VIII Sejong will become available and crown the branch with the arrival of the first spring update on March 6, meaning the line is going researchable.
“The Gryphon of the Baltic” Campaign
Pommern has arrived! Get her with an active Admiralty Backing after completing 100 milestones of the 5-week campaign. As usual, the catch-up mechanic and Heroic Effort missions for extra Renown are in place, reinforced by Battle Prowess missions, returning after their first appearance at the end of last year to become a permanent Admiralty Backing feature.
Pommern brings to the table powerful secondary (ATBA) armament, mighty AP shells, and a solid HP pool to tank incoming damage with. All that makes her a solid choice to take into battle, even with the wide variety the current roster of higher-tier German battleships offers.
Let's take a look at the campaign prizes, which you can acquire with or without an Admiralty Backing:
Rewards you can get without the Admiralty Backing:
- 40x Common Boosters
- 18x Hunter camouflages
- 6x Air Dragon camouflages
- 6x Fire Dragon camouflages
- 350,000 Research Points
- 225,000 Commander XP
- 225,000 credits
- 2,000 Global XP
- 16x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 2x Pan-Asian Cruiser crates
- 1x Pan-Asian Cruiser Big Crate
- 1x German Commander crate
- 1x patch background
- 1x patch symbol
- 1x personal mission
Value of the rewards without an Admiralty Backing: 15,085 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 40x Rare Boosters
- 30x Hunter camouflages
- 12x Air Dragon camouflages
- 12x Fire Dragon camouflages
- 1,400,000 Research Points
- 175,000 Commander XP
- 2,400,000 credits
- 25,500 Global XP
- 29x Promotion Orders
- 4x Insignia
- 3x Commendations
- 750 doubloons
- 3x Lunar New Year '23 crates
- 8x Pan-Asian Cruiser crates
- 2x Pan-Asian Cruiser Big Crates
- 1x commemorative flag
- 1x Admiralty Backing special weekly mission, rewarding Renown
- German Tier VIII Premium battleship Pommern
Total value of the rewards with an Admiralty Backing: 73,860 doubloons
Azur Lane Wave IV
The latest wave of our collaboration with Azur Lane will arrive on February 6! It includes as many as five new Commanders:
- AL New Jersey
- AL Neptune
- AL Roon
- AL Chapayev
- AL Saint Louis
Besides the Commanders, there are two new ships, three new skins, and a new crate. Make sure to check out our dedicated article to find out all the details!
Azur Lane and its characters are trademarks of Yostar, Manjuu & Yongshi. ©2017 Manjuu Co., Ltd. & Yongshi Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. ©2017 Yostar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. ©Wargaming.net. All Rights Reserved.
The first Italian Legendary is here! The ultimate reward of the corresponding free Bureau Project, this ship is a true menace. See for yourself: SAP secondaries—check; high speed and good concealment—check; Exhaust Smoke Generator—check! Go get her now!
New Service Record
You asked for it, and we're happy to say that the new stat pages in the Service Record are finally live. You'll be able to browse your overall statistics and check it for different game modes. The patch menu has also been optimized for better navigation. As for the specific ship statistics, please expect those in the near future!
New Ships of the Update and More
Pan-Asian Tier VII Premium destroyer Northern Dragon
Not to be confused with the Southern and Eastern Dragons, this ship is a unique beast. She brings to the fray a solid HP pool, rapid reload and range on her guns, and decent torpedo and AA armament. Northern Dragon will be available in the Store from February 1 through March 6.
Pan-Asian Commander Chen Shaokuan
A dedicated Commander for Pan-Asian cruisers, Chen Shaokuan, is reinforcing the branch with his arrival. His base trait reduces incoming damage while your cruiser is within a smoke screen, and his unique skill improves cruiser concealment while also increasing torpedo range. You can obtain Chen Shaokuan in the Store for 900,000 Commander XP or as a drop from Commander crates, including Pan-Asian ones.
A new map has been added for Tier VI–Legendary Tier battles. Riposte features an array of isles that divide the map vertically and offers a range of tactical options for different ship types.
Hsienyang received Torpedo Reload Booster consumable with 2 charges in slot #4
Rochester's concealment was improved:
- Detectability Range by Sea reduced from 14.1km to 12.6 km
- Detectability While Firing In Smoke reduced from 9.1 km to 7.1 km
- Detectability Range by Air reduced from 8.9 km to 7.5 km
Ranked & Brawls
This update will be the best to date for competitive Captains. With as many as FIVE total seasons of Ranked battles and Brawl combined, there will be barely any days on which you can't engage in competitive seasons while this update is live. Expect the details, as usual, in our dedicated article, which will arrive shortly before first season of Ranked battles starts on February 1.
Importantly, Brawl credit and experience earnings have been reduced by 20% on average, as Brawls provided the single best points per minute rate in the game, often incomparable to other modes. Finally, Brawl will also be available on mobile.
- Epic modernizations are here! They differ from the common ones by their distribution—you can obtain them through missions that will pop up in your Campaign & Mission tab automatically—and stats, of course. Any Epic modernizations you earn during this update will be yours to keep, but we see this as the beginning of an extended test, so please be prepared for their stats to change, perhaps even drastically in the future. These modernizations introduce an active component to how the mods work, improving your stats for particular actions on the battlefield allowing to stack the bonuses five times until the battle ends. Modernizations include any bonuses provided by the regular versions. Special bonuses of epic mods only work in Standard battles and battles Versus AI. The mods are:
- Gun Fire-Control System Mod. 2: Main battery range +2% per every 50 shell hits
- Artillery Plotting Room mod. 2: Dispersion of main battery –2% per two citadel hits
- Main Battery Mod. 3: Main battery reload time –2% per every 50 shell hits
- Secondary Battery Mod. 3: Secondary battery reload time –5% per 50 secondary shell hits
- Torpedo Launchers Mod. 3: Torpedo reload time –2% per every three torpedo hits
- Unmounting these mods costs 250 doubloons and selling them nets you 2,500,000 credits
Alongside the introduction of Epic Modernizations, we are also doing a balancing pass on some 4th Slot modernizations. This is intended to help accommodate the new Epic Mods and change the popularity of some of these mods. The changes are:
Gun Fire-Control System Mod. 2: Changed from a 10% range increase to a 5% range increase with a 3% dispersion improvement. (Cruisers and Destroyers)
Artillery Plotting Room mod. 2: Slightly decreased from an 11% dispersion buff to a 10% dispersion buff (USN battleships)
Main Battery Mod. 3: Nerfed from a 12% buff to rate of fire with a 13% nerf to main battery traverse speed to a 10% buff to rate of fire with a 15% nerf to main battery traverse speed.
Hsienyang's trait Nimble Aim was swapped for Repeater
Musashi's trait Superior HE Damage was swapped for Superior AP Pen
Rochester's trait Hidden was swapped for Powerful AA Defenses
Multiple ships that suffered from hindered shooting abilities due to turret elevation at particular turn angles had those shooting angles improved:
- Prinz Heinrich
- Prinz Rupprecht
- Ibuki B
- Added rotation to Cleveland's radar.
- Xbox Series X with HDR and RT on at 4K resolution sometimes flickered.
- Rare cases of players staying flagged as non-crossplay after leaving a Division with a different player with crossplay disabled.
- Rare cases of a black stripe on the horizon in Port with a low-level account.
- Reduced the potential for weird physics when ships collide with terrain.
- (mobile) Instances where the picture became oversaturated with brightness.
Embrace the power of the dragon, and turn the tide!