March Update: Seeing Green
- Xbox: March 6, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- PlayStation: March 6, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- Xbox One (S,X) ~2500 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~2400 MB
- PS4 ~2420 MB
- PS5 ~928 MB
- iOS ~1200 MB
- Android ~1200 MB
March Update: Seeing Green
A huge spring update is closing in: Let's take a look at everything we've prepared! For those of you who aren’t up for reading all the details, the TLDR is ready, too:
To claim your update bonuses—this time, it's the special spring potato patch and 3x Revolutionary camouflages—redeem the code Q43FL58C4S at https://wowslegends.com/code-redeemer/.
Lazare's Heritage Campaign
French Tier VIII cruiser Carnot—a well-protected, hard-hitting, and speedy cruiser—is the star of our newest campaign. You can expect the usual framework: 100 milestones over 5 weeks, Heroic Effort missions and catch-up mechanic in place, and a Battle Prowess mission for Admiralty Backing owners to earn even more Renown.
Here's a detailed look at all the campaign prizes, with or without the Admiralty Backing!
Rewards without the Admiralty Backing:
- 50x Common Boosters
- 14x Revolutionary camouflages
- 350,000 Research Points
- 125,000 Commander XP
- 750,000 credits
- 7,500 Global XP
- 15x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 4x Spring Big Crates
- 1x French Commander crate
- 1x patch background
- 1x patch symbol
Value of the rewards without the Admiralty Backing: 14,730 doubloons
Additional rewards with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 50x Rare Boosters
- 26x Revolutionary camouflages
- 1,400,000 Research Points
- 325,000 Commander XP
- 2,250,000 credits
- 32,500 Global XP
- 30x Promotion Orders
- 4x Insignias
- 4x Commendations
- 750 doubloons
- 11x Spring Big Crates
- 1x commemorative flag
- Admiralty Backing special weekly mission, rewarding Renown
- French Tier VIII Premium cruiser Carnot
Total value of the rewards with the Admiralty Backing: 74,400 doubloons
The Return of Racing Legends
Racing comes to Legends for the second time, and it’s better than ever! With three week-long seasons with playoffs and leaderboards, there's plenty of time to enjoy the high-octane race to first place. Special racing boats, Commanders, consumables, and even torpedoes will make your enemies limp to the finish! Participating—and winning—will net you Racing Legends Tokens, which can be spent in the Store on a variety of content, including the new ship (destroyer Bulletproof), three Commander guises, and special crates. The races are on from March 20—expect a dedicated blog post with all the details closer to the start! Please note: Racing Legends mode is not available on mobile.
St. Patrick's Day 2023
The first spring update also includes a themed range for St. Patrick's Day! It features a new ship, Tier VII Celtic; the Cara McMordoff Commander guise; and the return of Pot of Gold crates. Brady McMordoff will also get a unique voiceover! More details will be revealed in a dedicated post before the content drops on March 13.
Tier VIII Pack
Tier VIII ships attack! Five more Tech Tree lines are getting new branch-toppers. These will become researchable starting March 6, with the list including the following boats:
- American battleship Minnesota
- American cruiser Seattle
- Japanese destroyer Kitakaze
- British cruiser Drake
- Pan-Asian destroyer Chung Mu
As usual, we'll take a closer look at these high-tier monsters in the coming days. Keep your eyes on our socials in the meantime!
Pan-Asian Cruisers Go Researchable
Tier VIII Sejong paves the way for the Pan-Asian Tech Tree cruisers! They are now available to research: Go give them a try for their mix of deepwater torpedoes and Smoke Generator, reinforced by Torpedo Reload Booster at the higher tiers.
Ranked Battles Hit a New Milestone
Two Ranked battles seasons with high-tier ships await you, Captains! More details will be revealed in a special blog post before the start of season 39 on March 9, but we can tell you now that Season 40 will be the first time the mode sees Tier VIII ships—prepare in advance!
Debut of Pan-America
Our first Pan-American ship, Atlântico, arrives as a Tier VII Premium battleship with powerful, accurate, and long-range secondaries plus AP-only main battery guns. This mighty monster is available in the Store starting March 6.
Universal Pan-American Commander Pedro Lima Santos will be added to your account automatically upon purchasing this ship! A Pan-American battleship Commander will arrive in a future update.
The longest-reaching secondaries in Legends and torpedoes aboard—that's Schlieffen! The Project that will deliver you this brand-new German Legendary battleship is available for credits or doubloons in the Store.
This update sees a revamp of French Commanders and buffs and nerfs to a handful of ships. Read our Ministry of Balance Report article to find out every little detail.
- Pobeda’s aircraft rating was changed from 13 to 39—the calculation previously didn’t include skip bombers.
- Rare cases where the ships of disconnected players continued to shoot ad infinitum.
- Ray traced lighting sometimes causing colors to distort, especially in brighter Ports like Nagasaki.
- Winrate badge in Service Record showed up erroneously, even before a player had fought 200 battles.
- Bretagne was missing a piece of armor in the armor viewer.
- Report abuse screen sometimes stuck after a report had been sent.
- Several battleship turrets checked for "holes" that allowed for their incapacitation by lower-caliber destroyer shells. This should no longer be the case.
- Friending and blocking actions sometimes didn’t work after having rejoined a game following a disconnect.
- On-deck equipment of sunken ships remained above the surface in rare cases.
- Graf Spee in the Azur Lane skin lacked a few armor components in the armor viewer.
- (mobile) Removed the dark overlay on the right side of the screen in the Premium ship upgrade menu.
- (mobile) Anchor—the "favorite" sign—was sometimes displayed over a ship's name.
- (mobile) "Back" button was sometimes drawn twice in the control preset menu.
Added new SAP shell ship trait for Italian boats:
- Amalfi (instead of Broad Launch)
- Dante Alighieri B
- Duca D’Aosta
- Duca D’Aosta B
- Genova, Giussano, Montecuccoli, and Taranto (instead of Fast)
- Marco Polo (instead of Superior AP Damage)
- Trento and Zara (instead of Tough)
Weather on the New Dawn, Ring, and Trap maps was changed for better visibility during the battle. Tears of the Desert, Shatter, and Land of Fire now include new scenarios.
Finally, the National+ voiceover mode is in the game! This means that you can now hear multiple unique Commanders on your team speaking in their authentic voices simultaneously—from various collaboration Commanders to national Commander voiceovers! If you prefer this kind of polyphony, go to your sound settings and choose the National+ mode! Please note: National+ Voiceover is not available on mobile.
Winter Shards converted to credits (1 shard = 1,500 credits)
Various UI improvements
This includes Bureau labels (Recommended, Advanced, and Special).
Spend the spring with Legends, race, celebrate, and turn the tide!