May Update: Sea Giants
- Xbox: May 15, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- PlayStation: May 15, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- Xbox One (S/X) ~4500 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~4600 MB
- PS4 ~4600 MB
- PS5 ~768 MB
- iOS ~6080 MB
- Android ~950 MB+ ~5950 MB
May Update: Sea Giants
Captains, summer is just ahead! Let's prepare for it with the new update, shall we? But before we get stuck in, be sure to gear up with 6x Regia Marina camos: redeem the code B8P947NL2X at https://wowslegends.com/code-redeemer/. Not feeling ready to read all this text? Here's your TLDR:
Italian Destroyers in Early Access
It’s time to deliver a fresh line of ships for you to research so you can give our balance department some more numbers to crunch once you're done unleashing the beasts. These destroyers have a special Engine Boost consumable that’s more powerful than it is for other nations but also doesn't work as long. Additionally, the Exhaust Smoke Generator you know (and maybe love) from Italian cruisers is making its way into destroyers' arsenals. Finally, they are equipped with SAP shells in addition to HE ammunition, giving you an option to inflict reliable direct damage when required. We expect these new ships to be very competitive in 1v1 destroyer situations, but their visibility will hinder their performance if there are too many watchful eyes. Isolate your targets wherever possible and get out of dodge using your consumables if things get too hot.
The new ships are available through crates that are sprinkled throughout the campaign and the new calendar (more on that later)! This time, however, you can also try your luck with random bundles: We'll tell you how this new way of acquiring items works in a dedicated article next week.
Jötunn of the Seas Campaign
Ägir, the Norse giant who rules the seas, finds his name stamped on the steel armor of an impressive German cruiser project. The would-be O-class cruiser is armed with nine 12-inch (305 mm) guns housed in three turrets and a serving of 2x4 533 mm torpedo launchers, made to finish off those unfamiliar with the etiquette of keeping distance on the cold waves. Let's take a look at what goods you can acquire as campaign rewards, both with and without the Admiralty Backing.
Rewards you can get without the Admiralty Backing:
- 50x Common Boosters
- 25x Hunter camouflages
- 350,000 Research Points
- 125,000 Commander XP
- 800,000 credits
- 7,500 Global XP
- 15x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 3x Spring Big Crates
- 2x Italian Destroyer crates
- 1x German Commander crate
- 1x patch background
- 1x patch symbol
Value of the rewards without the Admiralty Backing: 14,633 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 50x Rare Boosters
- 25x Hunter camouflages
- 1,400,000 Research Points
- 325,000 Commander XP
- 2,950,000 credits
- 37,500 Global XP
- 30x Promotion Orders
- 3x Insignias
- 3x Commendations
- 750 doubloons
- 7x Spring Big Crates
- 8x Italian Destroyer crates
- 1x commemorative flag
- 1x Admiralty Backing special weekly mission, rewarding Renown Points
- German Tier VIII Premium cruiser Ägir
Total value of the rewards with the Admiralty Backing: 71,300 doubloons
Squadrone Sfuggente 5-Week Calendar
We present a new calendar that works the same as the Hunt for Agincourt and Holiday calendars! This time, it will run for 5 weeks, with daily and weekly rewards on offer. The final reward is the new Italian destroyer Commander, Carlo Bergamini, available during this update only through the calendar and arriving in your roster already promoted to Rank 7! We'll cover Squadrone Sfuggente in detail very soon in a special article.
Please note: the Daily Boost missions will not be available during this update for console players.
This feature isn’t yet available on mobile.
New Tier VIII Ships
Did someone say more Tier VIII NON-battleships? Good, cause that's what we've got*:
- Soviet cruiser Petropavlovsk
- Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy
- Italian cruiser Brindisi
- Italian battleship Lepanto
- Pan-European destroyer Småland
*As you can see, one more battleship still slipped through our nets. Oops!
Three Brawl seasons with fun new rules are present in this update. The first variant of the mode gets underway on June 1. Stay tuned for a breakdown in our blog before it commences!
Arpeggio Returns to the Store
A sweet surprise: Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova- content will be available in full from May 15 through June 5! Go to the Store to find themed ships, Commanders, and crates!
© Ark Performance / Shonengahosha, Arpeggio Partners
New Ships of the Update
American Tier VII Premium battleship Constellation
Besides her beautiful name, this magnificent ship features torpedoes and the Radar consumable. Not bad for a battleship! She’ll be available in the Store starting May 22 on her own and as part of XL and XXL bundles.
Italian Tier VI Premium Destroyer FR25
Exhaust Smoke Generator, SAP shells, and Engine Boost to top it off: A swift damage machine is at your service! This ship will be available in the Store starting June 5.
Pan-American battleship Commander Henrique Fernandes
He will be available through a special mission, that you'll get while purchasing Atlântico in the Store. Captains who already have Atlântico will receive the assignment automatically in the first days of the update. Keep an eye on our blog for the details!
This batch of balance changes includes changes to various ships, including French battleships, as well as changes to Epic Modernizations and a major reshuffle of ship traits. Details are available in our latest Ministry of Balance article, but you probably spotted them already!
We’ve also introduced new versions of higher tier maps that have been reworked for mid-tier battles. You should find five new scenarios to battle on from Tiers III to VI.
- The incidence of incorrect ship parts becoming “damage saturated” should now be close to zero. This refers to cases where a shell hit a ship’s bow but the stern became fully damaged, for example.
- Fixed ship winrate numbers displaying differently on various statistics screens.
- Some Stellar Clash mode medals displayed incorrect titles in the Service Record.
- Izumo’s detectability after firing main guns was incorrectly shown as less than her detectability range by sea.
- Fixed weird turret behavior on Benson with the Halloween skin equipped.
- New Orleans’ radar now correctly rotates.
- The Rather Be Torching skill description incorrectly displayed 2 km activation distance at every rank.
- Added missing “card flip” sound to various collection browsing actions.
- (mobile) When zooming in and out of epicenter circles on the Tactical Map, the circles did not scale up and down correctly.
- (mobile) Incorrectly colored textures sometimes popping up on damage-saturated ship parts.
- (mobile) Improved compatibility with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Android devices.
- (mobile) Repeated use of Smoke Generator sometimes didn’t produce an effect icon.
- (mobile) The “Ship obtained” message was missing the actual ship title.
We're also delivering some new features for the mobile version of Legends. Those are:
- Mobile version of Legends is now available to players from France (Android devices only) and Brazil!
- New client for Android devices! Be sure to download it
- You can now log in to the game with Google services on iOS
- Service Record first iteration
- Optimized secondary menu item buttons
- Performance optimization
- Both slim and full game clients now have reduced size
- Various bug fixes
- Starting from this update, the rewards and prizes you get will be separated in several categories. You'll be able to tell them apart upon obtaining a certain item thanks to color identification.
- Remaining Racing Legends Tokens were converted into credits, with 1 RL Token equaling 1,500 credits.
- Frag counter camos for Conqueror, Napoli, and Kléber added to the Forge.
Prepare for summer with Legends and turn the tide!