Through the Spy Glass: Ägir
Representing a variant of the super-heavy O-class cruiser design, Ägir features high speed and the excellent level of protection that was planned for those ships, which is reflected in her solid in-game HP pool. In reality, the O-class cruisers never progressed to the construction stage despite having been planned and ordered—a lack of materials and changing shipbuilding priorities prevented it.
Ägir comes equipped with nine imposing 12-inch (305 mm) main battery guns, eighteen 5-inch (128 mm) secondary guns, and eight 533 mm torpedo launchers. To complement this competitive armament, she possesses a versatile set of consumables that includes Sonar, Repair Party, and Enhanced Secondary Targeting! You also have the option to trade Sonar for Defensive AA Fire with +200% damage.
We recommend the following build: Günther Lütjens with his Gimlet base trait, increasing your cruiser’s main gun AP shell damage by up to 5%.
We'll set him up with a build that makes the most of the ship’s potent Sonar and main battery armament.
- Ingenious for increased gun traverse speed and reduced incoming splash damage (this skill also shows a warning indicator for the number of ships currently targeting your ship with their main batteries).
- Exposé to make the most of Ägir’s long-duration Sonar consumable, increasing its duration by an additional 7.5% and its torpedo acquisition range by up to 1,200m!
- Velocious to increase your maximum movement speed by up to 5%.
- The newly added skill exclusive to Günther Lütjens: Loyalty to the Navy, improving your main battery shell grouping (Sigma, for the technically minded) when shooting at battleships, cruisers, or destroyers by up to 7%/3%/3%, respectively.
- Fully Packed to improve the cooldown time for all consumables and add an additional charge for all consumables.
Regarding Inspirations, you should try:
- Francesco Mimbelli to improve your cruiser main battery reload time by up to 6%.
- Gunichi Mikawa to improve your ships detectability range by sea up to 6%.
Conquer the seas with Ägir and Turn the Tide!