MINISTRY OF BALANCE REPORTS: A FLURRY OF CHANGES
This update brings a ton of balance changes to some favorites at high tiers and in the feedback channels alike. Monarch gets her "Hull B," Stalingrad's rear turret firing angles have been improved, and many historical camos are now craftable!
We'll go tier by tier—this update, we're focusing on the top tiers with nerfs and buffs to several ships.
"German science is the world's finest!" Schlieffen has extremely high burst damage and significant early game impact in battle. We're reducing the damage output of this ship some so that there is more time to react against her in battle.
- Main battery reload time increased from 30 to 32 s
- Secondary battery 150 mm gun reload time increased from 8.0 to 10.2 s
- Secondary battery 105 mm gun reload time increased from 3.5 to 4.4 s
The once and future king! Stalingrad has fallen from grace over the past couple years, so we're applying some of the most popular improvements from your feedback to boost the ship back to her former glory.
- First and foremost, the rear turret firing angles for Stalingrad have been improved to allow for firing from extreme angles at long distance targets
- Main battery AP shell damage increased from 8,000 to 8,800
Addition: main battery HE shells:
- Damage: 4,500
- Fire chance: 33%
- Penetration: 51 mm
HP distribution changed:
- Bow HP reduced from 9,800 to 4,900
- Casemate HP reduced from 10,600 to 5,300
- Superstructure HP reduced from 11,600 to 5,800
- Stern HP reduced from 11,600 to 5,800
Alaska has been greatly overshadowed by other Legendary Tier cruisers, so we're enhancing her capabilities across the board.
- Main battery firing range increased from 16 to 16.15 km
- Main battery reload time reduced from 20.0 to 18.0 s
- Fire duration increased from 30 to 45 s
Hull HP and HP distribution has been improved:
Ship HP increased from 54,720 to 60,800
- Bow HP reduced from 7,000 to 3,500
- Casemate HP reduced from 13,800 to 6,900
- Superstructure HP reduced from 7,400 to 3,700
- Stern HP reduced from 8,400 to 4,200
- Ship HP increased from 54,720 to 60,800
Sonar consumable improved:
- Duration increased from 96 to 100 s
- Sonar ship detection increased from 4.4 to 4.9 km
- Sonar torpedo detection increased from 3.1 to 3.4 km
Easily the most popular Legendary Tier destroyer, Shimakaze also has a significant impact in battle, so we're making her easier to spot and counter by reducing her concealment abilities.
- Detectability range by sea increased from 6.7 to 6.9 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 3.35 to 3.5 km
- Detectability while firing in smoke increased from 2.5 to 2.6 km
During the testing of Hizen, we found that she needed some additional help to stand out at Tier VIII, so we're increasing her offensive abilities.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 36 to 33.5 s
- Main battery range increased from 17.18 to 17.38 km
- Main battery shell grouping increased by 2.5% (from 1.8 to 1.85)
- Ship speed increased from 28.2 to 29 knots
- Detectability range by sea reduced from 15.84 to 15.51 km
- Detectability range by air reduced from 12.67 to 12.47 km
- Detectability while firing in smoke reduced from 15.4 to 15.15 km
Like Schlieffen, Prinz Rupprecht has exceptional burst damage potential and battle impact, so we're toning down her secondary damage output.
- Secondary battery 150 mm gun reload time increased from 8.2 to 8.5 s
- Secondary battery 105 mm gun reload time increased from 3.5 to 4.0 s
Saint Louis is fairly unpopular, as she didn't feel like an upgrade over Charles Martel. We're increasing her damage output to give her greater presence in battle.
- Stock main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 10.0 s
- Upgraded main battery reload time reduced from 10.0 to 8.5 s
Neptune sits in an odd spot between Edinburgh and Minotaur, so we're increasing her abilities and concealment to fit between the two ships better.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 5.0 to 4.5 s
- Detectability range by sea reduced from 12.36 to 12.05 km
- Detectability range by air reduced from 7.42 to 7.23 km
- Detectability while firing in smoke reduced from 5.99 to 5.76 km
Allen M. Sumner
Sumner has been dominating the Tier VIII destroyer field, possessing the same or superior abilities to even Gearing. She receives a sizeable nerf to reduce her abilities, as she currently dominates in almost all aspects of destroyer gameplay.
- Upgraded main battery reload time increased from 3.0 to 3.5 s
- Upgraded torpedo range reduced from 16.5 to 12 km
- Detectability range by sea increased from 7.04 to 7.12 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 3.52 to 3.56 km
- Detectability while firing in smoke increased from 2.62 to 2.65 km
By popular request and to improve the upgrade of this ship over Akizuki, Kitakaze is getting a big buff to her main guns in both damage output and HE penetration.
- Main battery reload time reduced from 3.3 to 2.8 s
- Main battery HE shell penetration increased from 20 to 30 mm
Monarch is getting her "B Hull" applied, which comes with a series of improvements to her HP, anti-aircraft weaponry, and rudder-shift time, as well as to her fire resistance.
- Ship HP increased from 53,900 to 60,500
- Rudder-shift time reduced from 21 to 15 s
- Fire resistance multiplier improved from 0.6667 to 0.6337 (normal for Tier VII; 0.6667 is for stock hulls and 0.6337 is for upgraded hulls—a lower number means more resistance)
- Anti-aircraft firepower improved
- Minor visual changes
Kansas is a top battleship at Tier VII with exceptional firepower. The accuracy and firepower-focused playstyle of the ship is unchanged, but we're reducing her damage output to bring her in line with her peers.
- Main battery AP shell damage reduced from 12,400 to 11,500
- Main battery reload time increased from 34 to 35 s
Like Saint Louis, we're improving the damage output of Charles Martel to improve her standing at Tier VII.
- Stock main battery reload time reduced from 12 to 11 s
- Upgraded main battery reload time reduced from 10 to 9.5 s
San Diego arrived with too many compromises to the ship's abilities so she could have both SAP shells and Main Battery Reload Booster. This update will improve the ship in several areas to address her shortcomings.
- Ship HP increased from 27,900 to 33,500
- Bow HP increased from 1,300 to 1,600
- Auxiliary room HP increased from 3,600 to 4,300
- Stern HP increased from 1,500 to 1,800
- Hull HP increased from 20,900 to 25,100
- Magazine HP increased from 14,000 to 16,800
- Steering gear HP increased from 8,400 to 10,100
- Superstructure HP increased from 2,000 to 2,400
- Engine room HP increased from 27,900 to 33,500
- Main battery SAP shell damage increased from 1,800 to 2,300
- Main battery reload time increased from 5.5 to 6 s
- Main battery reload booster duration increased from 15 to 16 s
Mogami has been overshadowed over time by other cruisers at Tier VII, so we're buffing her damage output.
- Main battery HE shell damage increased from 3,300 to 3,400
- Main battery reload time reduced from 15 to 14 s
Riga has always been an oddball, and now she seems like a low point in the line compared to Tallinn and Petropavlovsk. We're improving the ship's accuracy to make her dispersion more consistent and reliable.
- Main battery shell grouping increased by 2.5% (from 1.8 to 1.85)
- Main battery dispersion improved by 9% (Riga's dispersion becomes the same as normal cruisers)
- Stock main battery reload time reduced from 16.5 to 15.5 s
- Upgraded main battery reload time reduced from 15.5 to 14.5 s
Flandre is seeing a few improvements for her return and to make her better suited for secondary builds and setting the world on fire.
- Main Battery reload time decreased from 32 to 30.5 seconds
- Secondary Battery dispersion improved by 32.5% (This brings her secondary accuracy almost to the same level as German alternative battleships like Zieten)
- Secondary Battery 100 mm gun fire chance increased from 5% to 7%
Secondary Battery Modification 3 for Cruisers
High tier cruisers with the ability to mount fourth slot modifications now have access to the Secondary Battery Mod. 3 if they have secondary battery guns.
Historical camouflages can now be obtained in exchange for Paint. Here's a complete list of ships these camouflages can be mounted on:
- La Galissonnière
- Prinz Heinrich
- Luca Tarigo
- Le Fantasque
- Vittorio Cuniberti
- Prinz Rupprecht
- Chung Mu
- Großer Kurfürst
- Henri IV
- Cristoforo Colombo
- Des Moines