Halloween Update: Double the Fun, Double the Trouble
- Xbox: 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 11:00 AM UTC, October 4th
- PlayStation: 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 11:00 AM UTC, October 4th
- Xbox One (S,X) ~4000 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~4000 MB
- PS4 ~4000 MB
- PS5 ~4000 MB
Autumn on the high seas continues! A double-headed campaign, two Halloween events, and more new ships: let's dive in right now.
Element of Choice Campaign
It's time to choose! With an active Admiralty Backing, you can pick between the first Pan-Asian ship, Tier VII destroyer Loyang, or Pan-European Friesland of the same tier and type as the final reward of the campaign. In case you want them both, you can acquire the ship you didn't choose, too, for 17,500 doubloons.
Loyang is a Benson-class destroyer that has access to improved concealment and the Sonar consumable, providing a nice mix between firepower and staying in the shadows. She does, however, sacrifice a whole gun, making her main battery salvos less impactful. If you choose the Pan-Asian ship, you will also receive a universal Pan-Asian Commander, Ding Ruchang*, whose Gunslinger base trait bolsters the main battery reload time. The other choice—Friesland—is, perhaps, the gunboatest of the gunboats for one simple reason: she's a destroyer without torpedoes. She belongs to the European faction, and should you lack a specific Commander when obtaining her, you will get Jerzy Świrski*, who as you may know by now, can improve the concealment rating of any ship with his Hide'n'Seek base trait.
*Both Ding Ruchang and Jerzy Świrski are going to serve as starting universal Commanders for Pan-Asian and Pan-European ships, as soon as such branches make it into the game. Keep an eye on the updates!
As we mentioned, this campaign is unique in terms of its rewards, with a choice between two destroyers as the final prize. We aim to provide more flexibility, and, most definitely, Element of Choice wouldn't be the sole campaign that allows you to choose its reward, but don't expect every campaign from now on to offer two ships at the end.
Rewards you can get without the Admiralty Backing:
- 45x Common Boosters
- 12x Type 1 camouflages
- 12x Type 2 camouflages
- 12x Type 3 camouflages
- 9x Victory camouflages (get 9x more and 1x common container with the code 9VX29Y9D8G at https://wowslegends.com/code-redeemer)
- 262,500 Commander XP
- 200,000 credits
- 2,500 Global XP
- 14x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 3x Soviet Cruiser crates
- 1x Soviet Cruiser Big Crates
- 1x Commander crate
- 1x Patch background
- 1x Patch symbol
Value of the rewards without the Admiralty Backing: 12,968 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 30x Rare Boosters
- 25x Epic Boosters
- 20x Type 1 camouflages
- 20x Type 2 camouflages
- 20x Type 3 camouflages
- 20x Victory camouflages
- 137,500 Commander XP
- 1,800,000 credits
- 17,000 Global XP
- 26x Promotion Orders
- 3x Insignias
- 3x Commendations
- 750 doubloons
- 7x Soviet Cruiser crates
- 3x Soviet Cruiser Big Crates
- European Tier VII destroyer Friesland OR Pan-Asian Tier VII destroyer Loyang
Total value of the rewards including the Admiralty Backing: 65,723 doubloons
Halloween Is Two-Headed, Too
Welcome back Transylvania and save her again in the first part of the SPOOKIEST EVENT EVER. In this throwback episode, you have to escort her to the Portal while fighting against evil entities that are very keen on destroying Transylvania, with battleship Rasputin leading them.
The second part is coming right up, starting October 18. A Light in the Dark will see you fight off Rasputin and his minions once again. This time—backed by the terrifying Gorgon, launching bats at you. Your main objective is to defend the magic towers, with those being crucial to sealing the Portal. Only doing that once and for all can save the world!
Rewards? Sure thing! We have themed crates, Commander progression items, and more lined up for you. Expect more details on the prizes in the upcoming blog post about Halloween. Make sure to get Bellerophon during the Saving Transylvania part of the event as the 5-star reward (or for doubloons for the whole duration of the update), as this will allow you to obtain Italian Tier IV cruiser Genova entirely for free during the A Light in the Dark part of the event!
Halloween crates contain themed Commanders and Commander progression items, along with eerie skins for the following ships:
- Lexington (Nobilium)
- Shōkaku (The Great Gorgon)
- Bismarck (Varg)
- Tirpitz (Magnu-S)
- Benson (Ghoul)
- Kagerō (Urashima)
- Chapayev (Svyatozar)
- Charles Martel (Scarab)
Even more content can be found inside Golden Pumpkins. Obtain these in your platform store, with this list of goods available inside:
- 1,250 doubloons (guaranteed, unless you receive a superprize)
- Commander progression items
- Super prize (100,000 doubloons with 0.1% chance)
Check out the exact drop chances at wowslegends.com/containers, starting October 4.
Raise From the Dead Activity
Ever see other players sporting patches from past events and wonder how you can get one? Wonder no more! Follow our socials this Halloween season, and make sure to check them daily for a 13-day period before Halloween (starting October 19!) to help us decide what patches to Raise From the Dead!
Early Access Soviet Cruisers
Prepare to welcome more Early Access ships: Russian cruisers Kotovsky at Tier IV, Gorky at Tier V, and Tallinn at Tier VI are available inside Soviet Cruiser crates and Soviet Cruiser Big Crates (the latter of which offer better chances of getting one of the Early Access warships and an opportunity to get Tier V Premium cruiser Molotov). If you are lucky enough to get one of those, make sure to complete the personal mission—available once per ship.
Ships of the new line sport higher-caliber guns and will give you a very familiar feeling if you're used to the original line. Flat ballistics, sonar, and respectable torpedoes make for good all-rounders at every tier. Kotovsky, which will give you a taste of the new line, was named after a Russian Civil War Red commander; Gorky was awarded the Order of the Red Banner for exceptional actions while defending Leningrad as a part of the Baltic fleet. Finally, Tallinn was acquired from Germany before the outbreak of the Second World War, and in the late 1940s, was due to a refit in line with project 83K, significantly enhancing her batteries. Give the new cruisers a shot and hit us with some feedback!
As per usual, a Tier VII ship will cap off the alternate line once the next Update hits and the branch becomes researchable. This time, it’s the beautiful yet powerful Riga.
Alternate branch of Soviet destroyers
A Russian destroyer alternate branch is coming in hot out of the Early Access:
- Tier IV Soobrazitelny
- Tier V Boevoi
- Tier VI Kiev
- Tier VII Udaloi
The new line offers a twist on the existing ships, with changes mostly being made to the armament ranges. While the original Soviets are more of a "keep maximum distance and fire guns" type, the newcomers give up some of that gun range to get a better operating distance for torpedoes, making their playstyle closer to the rare Ognevoi. You will be facing your enemies at riskier engagement distances, but your torpedoes will also improve your buffer zone, giving you a bit more space in performing both offensive and defensive maneuvers.
Weimar, German Tier VI Cruiser
A Yorck-class project cruiser, Weimar has 12 fast-reloading 5.9-inch (150 mm) guns. Decent speed allows her to serve as a mobile, albeit somewhat fragile threat, so play her with caution! Look out for news on our socials and inside the game to find out more details about her release!
Quality of Life Improvements
The mission tab has been reworked. You will now see categories instead of missions on the campaign screen, a roadmap for each mission inside the corresponding tab, and more changes. Importantly, many missions that used to have separate cards for Legendary-Tier ships and lower tiers now offer progress shared between every predetermined ship tier, i.e. Tier IV–Legendary, so you'll have more freedom in choosing what ships to use for campaign and other missions.
the Bureau and Store can now be seen prior to obtaining ships. You can now also go through selectable consumables in case a ship has these, as well as see the default characteristics for those.
New sound engine
The sounds in the game have been significantly enhanced. The most notable features include a new standard for gunnery sounds and different engine sounds, depending on the ship type, as well as new music and miscellaneous sounds. Please give us feedback, since this might actually feel like the biggest player experience change in our recent history!
This time, we are not changing things as dramatically compared with the last Update. However, there are some tweaks to various ships to make their gameplay even better. The most requested change, probably, regards aircraft carrier concealment. This was done by increasing the detectability ranges of all aircraft carriers, as well as reducing the effectiveness of the Dark Silhouette skill.
Tier VII Azur Lane Baltimore
- Main battery reload time decreased from 12 to 11 s
Legendary Tier Gearing
Increased speed and maximum damage of both AP and HE shells
- Increased muzzle velocity of both AP and HE shells by 5%
- AP shells: from 2,100 to 2,300
- HE shells: from 1,800 to 2,000
Tier V Hatsuharu
- Main battery reload time decreased from 7.5 to 6 s
Tier IV Hawkins
- Reload time decreased for stock main battery from 13 to 12 s
- Reload time decreased for upgraded main battery from 12.5 to 11 s
Tier IV Montecuccoli
- Rotation time of main battery to 180° decreased from 30 to 25.7 s.
Aircraft carrier concealment has been reworked, increasing the detectability range by sea for all of them and mostly decreasing concealment against aircraft as well. The changes are as follows:
Langley (Tier III)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 8.4 to 10.6 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 6.2 to 7.5 km
Ranger (Tier V)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 10 to 12 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 7.7 to 8.4 km
Lexington (Tier VII)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 8.3 to 13.3 km
- Detectability range by air decreased from 10.3 to 9.3 km
Hōshō (Tier III)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 8.2 to 10.5 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 6.6 to 7.3 km
Ryūjō (Tier V)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 9.5 to 11.4 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 7.6 to 8 km
Shōkaku (Tier VII)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 9.5 to 12.1 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 7.7 to 8.5 km
Rhein (Tier III)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 9.5 to 10.6 km
- Detectability range by air decreased from 7.5 to 7.4 km
Weser (Tier V)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 9.6 to 11.8 km
- Detectability range by air increased from 7.6 to 8.2 km
August von Parseval (Tier VII)
- Detectability range by sea increased from 10.9 to 12.7 km
- Detectability range by air decreased from 10 to 8.9 km
Additional changes for carriers:
- New mechanic: Out of fuel. Carrier squadrons now have only 150 seconds of airtime after their ship has been sunk, so if a carrier player loses the "mothership," they won't be able to permanently spot for their team.
The Dark Silhouette skill now decreases aircraft carrier concealment by 2% instead of 3% for each step, looking as follows:
- Level 1: 3% => 2%
- Level 2: 6% => 4%
- Level 3: 9% => 6%
- Level 4: 12% => 8%
This adjustment affects Japanese Commanders Tamon Yamaguchi and Arpeggio Iona, as well as German Commanders Hans Geisler and Starscream.
- The Shards map has been reworked: minimal time for enemy detection increased.
- The Star-Spangled Fleet project, rewarding USN Battleship Oklahoma, has been deprecated. You can now access it only if you have researched it, even if just a little bit.
- AP shell textures have been reworked, with AP tracers becoming more visible.
- Camera pointing upwards after your squadron takes off and you quickly look at the Tactical Map.
- Act of planes taking off sometimes removed the active fire animation (but not the effect) from aircraft carriers.
- Several cases of the camera going "inside" the landscape objects whenever your ship came too close to them.
- Focus frame sometimes disappeared when scrolling through Japanese Commanders in the Commanders menu.
- Fully Packed skill worked incorrectly for aircraft carriers: if the active component (sped up consumable reload) was deactivated while consumables were still reloading, it could result in timer reaching zero with consumables remaining unavailable.
Make your choice, and Turn the Tide!