- Xbox: June 20, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- PlayStation: June 20, 2:00 – 5:00 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:00 AM UTC
- Xbox One (S,X) ~2600 MB
- Xbox Series S/X ~2500 MB
- PS4 ~2500 MB
- PS5 ~750 MB
Reading? No. TLDR? Yes:
- Independence Day celebrations loaded with themed content
- Lucky Six campaign with Tier VII destroyer USS Black and Tier V aircraft carrier Independence to choose between
- Pan-European destroyer tech tree line going researchable, with Tier VII Östergötland available
- Tier VIII preparations
- Balance changes, including SAP shells for Italian cruisers
- and more!
Please note that reading the patch notes without first redeeming the code 4KGL3GVTY8 to get 12x Red, White, and Blue camos and 1x common container at https://wowslegends.com/code-redeemer is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, proceed at your own risk!
Independence Day 2022
It's time to celebrate freedom! The 4th of July festivities are due this update—here's the full list of activities and content waiting for y'all to check out:
- Free mission with Tier III Premium battleship South Carolina as a reward
Windroses for Tier IV – Legendary Tier U.S. ships, active from July 4 through 25
You can get the following one-time bonuses for each first win playing American ships during this time:
Tech tree ships of Tiers IV–VI: 1x Red, White, and Blue camo
Tech tree ships of Tier VII: 1x Summer Big Crate
Premium ships of Tiers IV and V: 2x Red, White, and Blue camos
Premium ships of Tier VI: 2x Promotion Orders
Premium ships of Tier VII: 3x Promotion Orders
Legendary Tier ships: 2x Summer Big Crate
Liberty Package platform bundle
Get it for free in your platform store!
Store discounts for XXL bundles and more
A total of 12 over 3 weeks, with destroyer, cruiser, and battleship ones to choose from, not counting a variety of other deals!
Special Broad Stripes & Bright Stars Bureau Project, with Star-Spangled Freedom skins for Tier VII Baltimore and Cleveland as the ultimate reward
More rewards await you on the way to these fancy skins, including Stars and Stripes permanent camouflages for a set of tech tree destroyers.
Themed Port: Philippines
It’s looking good!
Lucky Six Campaign
100 milestones, 5 weeks, two ships to choose from. Sounds good, right? This time, you're going to have to choose between USN Tier VII Premium destroyer Black and Tier V Premium aircraft carrier Independence upon finishing the campaign with an active Admiralty Backing. The second ship can be acquired for doubloons. If you're up for a challenge, there's also a weekly set of "Hardmode" assignments.
Black represents a classic American Fletcher-class destroyer, but there’s a twist in the form of Radar, making her one of the best-prepared scouts at her tier! She's also a rapid shell-slinger with quickly traversing gun turrets that sacrifices some (but not all!) torpedo abilities for gunnery. Her large HP pool, overall maneuverability, speed, and powerful AA suite do a good job of offsetting that blemish, however. Keep in mind the high-arcing trajectory of her shells—characteristic of American guns—before going full ahead into battle!
Independence, built from a Cleveland-class cruiser-to-be hull, offers quite a traditional American aircraft carrier experience with a Premium bonus, solid mobility, and squadrons that will allow you to take multiple approaches before having to get more planes airborne. The aircraft restore promptly, and your main concerns are evading AA barrages and not letting the opposing forces find your ship, which has no defenses of her own.
Let's proceed to the prizes:
Rewards you can get without the Admiralty Backing:
- 40x Common Boosters
- 12x Type 1 camouflages
- 12x Type 2 camouflages
- 12x Type 3 camouflages
- 8x Red, White, and Blue camouflages
- 262,500 Commander XP
- 900,000 credits
- 8,000 Global XP
- 14x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 8 days of Premium Account
- 2x Summer Big Crates
- 1x American Commander crate
- 1x patch background
- 2x patch symbol
- 2x commemorative flags
Value of the rewards without the Admiralty Backing: 15,585 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with the Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons):
- 40x Rare Boosters
- 20x Type 1 camouflages
- 20x Type 2 camouflages
- 20x Type 3 camouflages
- 24x Red, White, and Blue camouflages
- 137,500 Commander XP
- 2,850,000 credits
- 27,500 Global XP
- 26x Promotion Orders
- 3x Insignias
- 3x Commendations
- 750 doubloons
- 7x Summer Big Crates
- American Tier VII Premium destroyer Black or American Tier V Premium aircraft carrier Independence; the ship you don't choose as the reward will be obtainable for 10,000 doubloons
Total value of the rewards with the Admiralty Backing: 67,690 doubloons
As the campaign includes 100 milestones, if you wish to get everything right away (one ship included), it'll require 27,250 doubloons. The full breakdown of the campaign missions will be available on Monday, June 20, as a standalone blog post.
Special Bureau Project
The Broad Stripes and Bright Stars time-limited* project will reward you with gorgeous skins for Tier VII cruisers Baltimore and Cleveland as the final prizes, along with some more themed content on the way to those—namely, Stars and Stripes permanent camos. Please make sure to finish it by July 25!
*Words are important! This project will not get deprecated. Instead, it will be removed from the Bureau altogether. Make sure to get South Carolina as early as you can for boosting the project, and keep in mind that USS Black and USS Independence can also significantly speed up your progress.
Pan-European Fleet Is Here for Good
The arrival of powerful Tier VII Östergötland marks the new Pan-European destroyer line going fully researchable. This branch boasts fast torpedoes along with solid artillery outfits. Try it out today!
When acquiring ships of the branch, you'll also get the base Commander for European ships—Conrad Helfrich—providing that you do not have him already. Janko Vukovich, the Pan-European Commander for battleships, is also joining the roster. What ship is he going to helm? Read on to find out!
There's also one more new option to get Pan-European Commanders—special crates that drop them are debuting with this update. For more information on the branch, please refer to a dedicated article that covers the line here.
Tier VIII Arrival Preparations
As you’ve probably heard by now, we’re going to introduce a new ship tier to Legends in the near future—and by that, we mean the next update! To prepare for the debut of the new mighty Legends, make sure to fight through special daily missions with Tier VII Tech Tree ships from July 11. These missions will reward you with a solid amount of additional XP and help you prepare your Tier VII ships for a quicker voyage toward the new step. The first batch will cover four nations, you'll find out which ones when you see the mission requirements! We'll reveal more details about the ships as we get closer to their release.
Additionally, the Tech Tree has been significantly overhauled—it has received some interface improvements in preparation for the new paradigm, and the Premium tab has been removed for the foreseeable future because it brought more confusion than order.
We're also introducing some economic changes for higher-tier ships with this update, as follows:
- Cost of entering battle reduced from 101,250 to 91,125 credits for Tier VI researchable ships.
- Cost of entering battle reduced from 136,000 to 122,400 for Tier VII researchable ships.
- Cost of entering battle reduced from 136,000 to 95,200 for Premium ships.
- Credit bonus for Tier VII Premium ships increased from 15 to 55%.
The Tier VII earnings change is perhaps the most fundamental one after the new tier itself. These tweaks will effectively make both Tier VI and VII the “money makers,” with more opportunities to grind the bank. Legendary economics, on the other hand, will be kept as they are—we don't want fluctuations to them, either up or down, and we’ll finetune the numbers at a later time if necessary.
New Ships of the Update
American Tier III Premium battleship South Carolina
First USN dreadnought battleship with eight 12-inch (305 mm) guns. Slow and steady describes her best—she has perhaps one of the most powerful main battery arrangements at the tier, but this is coupled with a top speed that leaves a lot to be desired. Let's just say there won't be much maneuvering with this beauty.
She’s obtainable with her dedicated flag through a FREE mission that’s available for completion from June 24 through July 25. Pick it up in the Store between June 24 and July 18. Make sure to read more about her and her American peers Black and Independence, both of which feature in the campaign, in the upcoming Through the Spy Glass article.
Pan-European Tier IV Premium battleship Viribus Unitis
The first and only—at this moment—Pan-European battleship! She boasts a 12-gun broadside, and a new Commander is here to helm her—Janko Vukovich is obtainable in the Store for 900,000 Commander XP or from the all-new Pan-European Commander crates. Interestingly, Mr. Vukovich was the last actual commander of the ship when she was given to the State of Slovenes, Croats, and Serbs in 1918.
Concealment Module is now available for Battleships from Tier VI to Legendary Tier.
Tier VI Premium destroyer Kidd
Kidd lacks a little mojo, but her performance is just fine at the same time—so we're boosting her AA situationally, if you decide you want it.
- Defensive AA Fire consumable added as an option for the 4th slot.
Tier VI battleship Nagato
Nagato is a frequent subject of battleship performance feedback. She does tend to suffer from the highest highs to lowest lows, so we're giving her a bit more gas to cook with.
- Upgraded main battery reload time decreased from 32 to 29 s.
- Maximum AP shell damage increased from 12,100 to 12,600.
Tier VII Premium cruiser Azuma
Azuma is admittedly trailing behind her closest rivals, mainly by damage dealt, so we’re giving her a straightforward main battery buff.
- Main battery reload time decreased from 26 to 24 s
- Maximum HE shell damage increased from 4,500 to 5,100
- Maximum AP shell damage increased from 8,150 to 8,650
- Main battery AP penetration increased by 18.5%
- Main battery AP minimum ricochet angle decreased from 50° to 45°
- Main battery 180° traverse speed decreased from 40s to 36s
- Main battery shell grouping Improved by 7.5%
- Main battery dispersion slightly reduced.
We're at the point where the data for these Roman warriors is just enough to make the next move, so that's what we're doing! As you can see, we're blanket buffing the researchable battleships with a couple more salvos per battle, and we expect it to give them a bit of an edge both damage- and popularity-wise.
Tier VII Premium battleship Roma
Roma gets a little more of the Ship Buffer 3000 solution because she was starting to show some metal fatigue, and there was no truly good reason to not let her enjoy the Smoke Generator that the researchable newcomers brought.
- Maximum HE shell damage increased from 5,100 to 5,800.
- Exhaust Smoke Generator consumable added for the 3rd slot.
- Damage Control Party consumable duration increased from 10 to 15 s.
- Number of Repair Party consumables increased from 3 to 4.
- The Catapult Fighter, Spotter, and Enhanced Secondary Targeting consumables were moved from the 3rd slot to the 4th. If you’ve already used Roma, the slot will be reset to the default choice—Catapult Fighter—when the update hits.
Tier IV battleship Conte di Cavour
- Main battery reload time decreased from 30 to 27 s.
Tier V battleship Andrea Doria
- Main battery reload time decreased from 30 to 27 s.
Tier VII battleship Vittorio Veneto
- Main battery reload time decreased from 34 to 31 s.
SAP shells for Italian cruisers (this is a test!)
An optional artillery module has been added for the following Italian cruisers: Tier IV Genova, Tier V Duca d'Aosta, Tier VI Abruzzi, and Tier VI Gorizia. It replaces HE shells with SAP shells, while for Abruzzi, it also increases the main battery reload time from 7.5 to 10 s. This upgrade is free.
We would like to rally all of you who have these ships to try the SAP modules extensively so we can get as much data as we possibly can. Truth be told, we expect the first iteration to overperform, so keep in mind that this is indeed a test, and the final form may be cut down quite a bit—but it's too early to tell! The aim of this addition is to spice up the tactics of both these cruisers and their opposition for more naval variety.
- Fixed camo coloring inconsistencies where different ship parts had different brightness of the paint job
- Added camo to additional elements on the ship decks that missed the coloring
- Smokescreens now correctly stay visible on Tactical Map whenever they are deployed
- Completed missions with tasks that need to be achieved in a single battle now show progress correctly.
- Added visual improvements for water and weather for a grand total of 20 maps.
- Middle spawn points for the Shards map were moved a bit away from the center.
- All tech tree nations are now available, with the exception of aircraft carriers.
- Additionally, we've added a set of missions to speed up the progress and let you play around with as many ships as possible.
- You may now receive notifications, much like you do in the console version. Keep an eye out for those!
Stay independent, and turn the tide!