For other Languages please click on your country flag:
Server maintenance will take place on July 27, after which the Update will be pushed to consoles.
- Xbox: 2:00 – 5:30 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:30 AM UTC
- PS4: 2:00 – 5:30 AM Central / 7:00 – 10:30 AM UTC
- Xbox ~ 3300 MB
- PS4 ~ 3300 MB
Greetings, Legends! This August marks a year since our full release! We're introducing several activities to celebrate it: a new Campaign, more ships in Early Access, USS Cleveland joining the USN light cruiser branch, two seasons of Ranked Battles, and a new project in the Bureau! But it doesn't stop there! We're also bringing three new maps and an update to the quick command wheel featuring–wait for it–ship horns! And did someone say "Spotters"?
This article is also available in Mexican Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese, which means that the game client is, too! Expect more materials to be available in those languages over time! Please note: voiceovers are not yet available for Mexican Spanish, but will be delivered in the next Update.
Valhalla Rising Campaign
This August, we're summoning a Norse god! Specifically, Tier VII German battleship Odin, the pièce de resistance of the Update. Odin features German turtleback armor, the Sonar consumable, 305 mm main battery guns, and a pair of quadruple-tube torpedo launchers. In many ways, the ship is reminiscent of Scharnhorst, but sufficiently powered to occupy Tier VII. As usual, the ship can be obtained by completing the whole Campaign with an active Admiralty Backing (2,500 doubloons). The Campaign spans 100 milestones and consists of a single Weekly Havoc mission that refreshes every Monday. The breakdown for the Campaign missions will be available in a couple of days.
As you move along the milestones, you'll receive two types of new containers and a new currency, as well as the typically desirable goods and a new personal patch. The containers are the Big and regular versions of the new French Destroyer crate, which may hold the new Tier III–VI French destroyers. We'll cover them in more detail in the next section of this article.
The currency, Continental Bonds, is for use in the Admiralty tab of the Store. You can exchange them for a range of goods that includes consumables, Commander items, and the new regular French Destroyer crates. Any Liberty Bonds left over from the previous Update can be spent on standard USN Cruiser crates. They will be converted into credits in the next Update.
Rewards you can get without Admiralty Backing:
- 40x common boosters
- 10x Revolutionary camouflages
- 235,000 Commander XP
- 4,000 Global XP
- 400,000 credits
- 8x Promotion Orders
- 1x Insignia
- 1x Commendation
- 5x French Destroyer crates
- 2x Big French Destroyer crates
- 7 days of Premium Account
- 950 Continental Bonds
- 250 doubloons
- Commander Philippe Auboyneau
- 1x Patch background
- 1x Patch Symbol
Value of the rewards without the Admiralty Backing: 22602 doubloons
Additional rewards you can get with Admiralty Backing (2500 doubloons)
- 40x rare boosters
- 30x epic boosters
- 20x Revolutionary camouflages
- 9,000 Global XP
- 140,000 Commander XP
- 1,100,000 credits
- 18x Promotion Orders
- 3x Insignias
- 2x Commendations
- 8x French Destroyer crates
- 4x Big French Destroyer crates
- 1x German Commander crate
- 1,625 Continental Bonds
- 500 doubloons
- Tier VII German battleship Odin
Total value of the rewards including the Admiralty Backing: 82,470 doubloons
French Destroyers in Early Access
The latest line of ships to arrive to Legends is perhaps the fastest yet! French destroyers feature overwhelming speed and substantial main armament that fires at a fairly flat trajectory, enhanced by the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable at higher tiers... Sounds impressive, right? What they don't feature, however, is Smoke Generator. That's right, high speeds and active maneuvering are your prime tools to avoid enemy attacks with these nimble ships, all while raining fire down on your attackers. This is a high risk / high reward proposition, so be ready to minimize your reaction time. As an extra measure for use in close encounters, the French line does of course have access to torpedoes, but their range is limited, so in most cases they will be a weapon of last resort.
Ships in Early Access:
- Tier III Bourrasque
- Tier IV Jaguar
- Tier V Guépard
- Tier VI Vauquelin
During the Anniversary Update, these ships are available in crates only, with better chances of receiving ships from the Big version of the French Destroyer crate. You can find the probability percentages for the different crates here: https://wowslegends.com/containers.
You'll also get a personal mission for each ship you receive. Completing these missions will reward you with some past containers, as well as doubloons.
Please note: Tier II Fusilier and Tier VII Le Fantasque are not available in this Update, and will become available to research in the next one.
USN Light Cruiser Branch Completion
Tier V Dallas and Tier VI Helena found their place within the Legends meta quite comfortably, so now it's time to welcome the pinnacle of the USN Light Cruiser branch—Cleveland—which is incidentally the most numerous cruiser class ever produced.
In the game, Cleveland features shells that fire in a high arc, quick-reloading guns that allow for full salvos at great angles, and a nearly submerged citadel. The citadel however, is still vulnerable to plunging fire. Cleveland could be described as a glass cannon extraordinaire. She can hurl projectiles at an enviable rate and set fire to enemy ships, but should you find yourself exposed, you might be in for a quick return to the Port—she can’t effectively withstand direct damage. While the arcing trajectory of her shells allows for great use of cover, it can be both a blessing and a curse, as it can make hitting a particularly swift target difficult. The ship's best defense will come from correct use of the Radar and Sonar consumables to prevent unwanted encounters, as she is not the most nimble of light cruisers, either.
Ranked Battles: Seasons 6 and 7
It's time to battle it out and rise in rank once again! Season 6 will make use of Tier V ships, while Season 7 sees a return to Tier VI.
As you might remember, the last Update marked the uncoupling of the Premium ship bonus from the team result table, so Premium ships no longer affect your standings in the team table. This means that you won't lose out by using a researchable ship in any way, apart from the total earnings you might accrue.
The basic rules for both seasons are:
- Each season lasts for 2 weeks, with a cooldown period between them.
- Any ranks earned in the previous Season translate into the number of Stars you start with at the beginning of the next (Seasons 5 to 6 and 6 to 7).
- Teams are comprised of 7 ships and are mirrored by ship type.
- Divisions comprising up to two players are allowed.
- Destroyers are limited to two per team.
- A draw is equal to a loss for both teams.
- Win to gain Stars, and try to be the best on your team, even if you're losing.
- The first player by XP earned in the losing team keeps a Star, meaning that no progress is lost.
- Upon reaching Rank 1, you can no longer play in the current Season.
- There are two leagues in each season, dividing the matchmaker queue in two.
The maps for the new seasons are:
- Northern Waters
- Land of Fire
- Final rewards are credited at the end of each respective season.
- Takes place July 27 – August 10
- Tier V ships
- 13 ranks
- Irrevocable ranks: 12, 10, 8, 5, 1
- League switch at Rank 5
- Takes place August 17 – August 31
- Tier VI ships
- 10 ranks
- Irrevocable ranks: 8, 5, 3, 1
- League switch at Rank 5
The available rewards include various crates, including some that are no longer typically available; doubloons; boosters; experience; and special seasonal patches. You can check out the full list of rewards in the game.
Anniversary Project in the Bureau
The new Project, entitled "Legendary Birthday," is designed to be a retrospective into our short-but-rich history and pay homage to every major milestone, be it the release of a new ship line or a special event such as Saving Transylvania. While completing the Project, you'll find all kinds of crates, including Halloween, Santa, Black Friday, and various national crates.
There are some specific ship and Commander requirements in some of the Segments, as a nod to the Update in which that content was available, but keep in mind that this Project is not time limited. You’re free to complete it whenever you feel like it. What's particularly interesting about the crates within this project is that the Soviet, German, and U.S. crates offer chances to get Premium ships that were not available in this way before. In particular, the Soviet crates may contain Okhotnik or Poltava; German crates—Admiral Graf Spee or T-61; and U.S. crates—Marblehead or Boise. Once again, you’ll be able to find the exact contents and drop probability here: https://wowslegends.com/containers.
To further spice up the Legendary-Tier battles, we're introducing three more maps:
- Sea of Fortune
- Sleeping Giant
- Tears of the Desert
All of these new locations are decently sized to accommodate the biggest ships, and are going to join the Tier VI Legendary-Tier battle rotation. We kindly remind you that “battle tier” denotes the maximum tier of ships in a battle, meaning that Tier V ships will also find themselves on these maps from time to time.
Starting with this Update, all battleships that have Catapult Fighter available receive a choice to replace the consumable with Spotter (plane). The effect of this new consumable is simple: the accuracy of your ship's main battery improves by 10% while the plane is in the air. The default duration and cooldown values for the Spotter are 30 and 200 seconds, respectively. Please note: the consumable affects any salvo that is launched during its duration, i.e. if you shoot and the plane lands a second after, your salvo will still land with improved accuracy.
The Spotter behaves in the same way as the Catapult Fighter, so it can spot torpedoes and enemies at short distances. Air combat capabilities and HP values of both planes are the same as well, so they are capable of withstanding AA damage in a similar manner.
The Spotter consumable doesn't affect the camera perspective in any way.
Please note: Arthas Roqthar the Cold's base trait, Blind Rage, still only works with Catapult Fighter.
Quick Commands Refresh
The quick command menu has received an update! We've reworked the original wheel (or pizza!) a little bit, as well as added an extra one for social interactions.
Moreover, any commands from the combat wheel are now registered in the log box in the left-middle part of your screen. Finally, we've added a ship horn as one of the commands. The spam filter is also now a little stricter, so we ask you to show restraint when using the commands!
Anniversary Sales and Activities
Each week of the Update, we’ll have a sale of special event items, including Halloween 2019 Commanders and crates, Azur Lane permanent camouflages and Commander containers, and Black Friday 2019 ships and containers.
Moreover, there will be a sale of Premium ships. Each of the thematic sales will last a week, while some may extend to two. Furthermore, each week we’ll offer you a mission chain that will allow you to get some of the themed containers for free! To find out which event is on and when, check out our social media channels and the promo slides in the game launcher.
Important: for the first time in Legends' history we’ll offer a discount on Elite XP to Global XP conversion—35 XP instead of the usual 25 per doubloon. This special will last from August 12 to August 17, so if you’ve wanted to get a Global XP ship for cheaper, this will be your chance!
Additional Premium Ships
The only new ship in the Premium Store this Update is Tier V destroyer HMS Gallant.
Follow our channels or watch out for promo slides in the game launcher to find out when the ship comes out!
Miscellaneous Improvements and Changes
- The Port has been switched to the Philippines.
- Ship basic paint jobs and camouflage have received small visual improvements all around.
- After losing a rank, the "you have already obtained the rewards for this rank" message is no longer shown.
- The “Not the One for Nuisance” Commander skill was supposed to increase the torpedo damage protection of a ship, in addition to decreasing the chances of flooding. The description text now reflects that.
- Standard Battles with added bots will now occur for players at account levels up to and including 9, with ships no higher than Tier IV. Previously, bots could only be added to Standard Battles for players with an account level no higher than 7.
- The delayed progress with counters on Mission cards has been resolved.
- Rare cases where five destroyed ships didn’t result in a player receiving a "Kraken Unleashed" medal will no longer occur.
- Research Points will now always show up on the post-battle screen when a Bureau daily trial has been completed.
- The camera no longer jitters when switching between the main battery and torpedo armament in the Overview camera.
- Fixed an issue that caused the chat channel switch on the tactical map to not work after a player had dismissed a Division and left the platform party.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the inability to join a Division after giving the leadership to a Division mate, then leaving it and trying to rejoin via the platform menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused Segments for Projects in the Premium slot to display the "Locked" status after Premium time had run out.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Back In Stock” Commander skill to not display updated torpedo reload values in the Loadout menu (note: the behavior was correct in battle).
- Fixed an issue that caused the tutorial message for movement to lack a stick icon for control presets 3 to 6.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Campaign milestone animation to play back too fast after a battle that had awarded Renown.